It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of Recession in 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Due to the falling oil price and sanctions imposed by the west Russian deputy prime minister Alexi Vedev has said Russia will enter recession next year , this admission follows the biggest one-day fall since 1998 in the value of the rouble yesterday.

The sharp revision in Russia's economic forecast is the first admission from the government that the economy will contract.
"The current prognosis is based on a drop in GDP by 0.8% in 2015, against the previous prognosis of growth by 1.2%," deputy prime minister Alexi Vedev said.
On Monday, the rouble suffered its biggest one-day fall since 1998.
The currency slid almost 9% against the dollar before rallying after suspected central bank intervention. The currency has already lost 40% in value this year.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This latest development will either bring Russia back to the negotiating table over the situation in Ukraine or strengthen their resolve and lead us into dangerous waters in my opinion , I hope Putin puts the interests of his country over his own pride.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope Putin puts the interests of his country over his own pride.

He did in the past together with his ex-KGB buddies by taking the country back so it didn`t got plundered of its resources by Lord Rothschild and co.

So I make my bet they will keep acting in the same manner, and that is not to sell the country out again and to keep protecting its natural resources.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's a shame that Russian citizens have to suffer because of the actions of Putin and his staff. Russia already has a poverty problem, this will only harshen the blow to the citizens. I wish them the best.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here`s a history lesson...

Why Russia's `Oligarchs' Are Now Under Attack

Few, however, thought that Putin was prepared to go after the oligarchs in a serious way, and certainly not the prestigious Khodorkovsky, the richest man in Russia, with his high-level ties to political and financial circles in Britain and the United States. The legal moves were seen as more a slap on the wrist than a real challenge—a message for Khodorkovsky to curb his growing activity as a financier of political parties competing with Putin's Unity Party, and to force him to be more cooperative with the state, including paying more taxes.

As the weeks of July went on, however, it became clear that the Russian authorities—with support from at least a powerful faction in the Kremlin—meant business. The billionaire Lebedev was denied bail and remains in jail, despite widespread protests, including from Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov, Presidential Economic Advisor Illarionov, U.S. Ambassador to Russia Alexander Vershbow, and Khodorkovsky's friend Lord Jacob Rothschild.

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Due to the falling oil price and sanctions imposed by the west Russian deputy prime minister Alexi Vedev has said Russia will enter recession next year , this admission follows the biggest one-day fall since 1998 in the value of the rouble yesterday.

The sharp revision in Russia's economic forecast is the first admission from the government that the economy will contract.
"The current prognosis is based on a drop in GDP by 0.8% in 2015, against the previous prognosis of growth by 1.2%," deputy prime minister Alexi Vedev said.
On Monday, the rouble suffered its biggest one-day fall since 1998.
The currency slid almost 9% against the dollar before rallying after suspected central bank intervention. The currency has already lost 40% in value this year.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This latest development will either bring Russia back to the negotiating table over the situation in Ukraine or strengthen their resolve and lead us into dangerous waters in my opinion , I hope Putin puts the interests of his country over his own pride.

The Russians aren't going to bend over some sanctions.
What this is all leading to is war.
The Russians know this hence Putins recent statements about war.

The Russians have told us they are prepared to go to war. Read between the lines.
Moscow doesn't fear the west nor respect the west. If they are backed into a corner like the west is trying to do over Ukraine, and they feel they have nothing to lose...well, find your nearest bunker or fallout shelter and pray there's enough supplies to last the long cold radiated winter ahead.

The games and flirting is over. It was over the day Putin came to power, the west just never realized how serious a man he was until now.

Now it's a matter of how far both sides will push the other and if either side will back down.

Moscow might come to the negotiating table...but they'll come with a list of demands some of which the west will reject..If not all of them.

There's already an economic war being fought.
If the Russians and Chinese pull away from using the USD for oil trade and other things, I think they'll also encourage others to do the same and others will follow. It won't tank the US economy bit it will create a true multi polar world scenario again. Perfect for another world war.

The US and it's allies are trying to tank the Russian economy at the moment thinking it will get Putin to back down.

It will eventually turn into a shooting war and it won't matter which side of the planet you are on.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is a very good piece that sounds a bit familiar . Europe will be the ones to suffer once again . "By Mike Whitney
“The Fed’s ‘need’ to take on an even more active role as foreigners further slow the purchases of our paper is to put the pedal to the metal on the currency debasement race now being run in the developed world — a race which is speeding us all toward the end of the present currency regime.” Stephanie Pomboy, MacroMavens

“No matter what our Western counterparts tell us, we can see what’s going on. NATO is blatantly building up its forces in Eastern Europe, including the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea areas. Its operational and combat training activities are gaining in scale.” Russian President Vladimir Putin

December 01, 2014 "ICH" - "Counterpunch" - If there was a way the United States could achieve its long-term strategic objectives and, at the same time, avoid a war with Russia, it would do so. Unfortunately, that is not an option, which is why there’s going to be a clash between the two nuclear-armed adversaries sometime in the near future." www.informationclearinghouse.info...

And if you might be wondering just what the long term objective might be about then this talk by James Corbett on Gladio B is a must listen to .

a reply to: mortex

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Good reads, also the link in it, "What Really Happened in Beijing: Putin, Obama, Xi And The Back Story The Media Won’t Tell You."

Where Corbett spoke is very close to where I live. I was a bit surprised half of the people knew who he was, but then again also not, because part of the population over here is much better informed about the background stories.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
. Europe will be the ones to suffer once again .

Indeed your right. Somehow the Anti Russian commenters think it will effect the Russians so they could protest agaisnt Putin.

Putin actions in Ukraine is supported by the majority of the Russian people.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The Russian citizens support the actions in Kiev by Putin because of its rich history.

Russia already has a poverty problem

So does Europe and has being like that for 20 years were you expecting the EU to better for the people in Europe?

I wish them the best.Text
Don't pretend like you care about the region. What you want is Russia to suffer by having an Harper Bush like president running the country.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

The Russian citizens support the actions in Kiev by Putin because of its rich history.

Really, because I think this says differently...

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Putin actions in Ukraine is supported by the majority of the Russian people.

Care to provide a source for this, or is this one of your sourceless opinions?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Okay one: Don't ever, ever assume to know what I want, or think. I have a deep respect for Russian people and it's culture. It has persevered through many hardships and the silent stoicism of many Russians in the face of adversity is downright heroic at times. So I mean it with my whole heart when I say I wish them the best. Just because I disapprove of Putin's actions doesn't mean I want all of Russia to suffer for it.

Two: Europe, The US, Russia, pretty much most of the world has been suffering through economic hardship in the recent decade. I will not dispute that, at all. This was a thread about a Russian recession, so I made my comments on the Russian recession. The EU going through hardship as well is a topic for another thread

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
there's a term called 'fiscal breakeven oil price' in other words, how much does it cost you to pump 1 barrel out of the ground vrs how much do you have to sell that oil, just to breakeven...

For Russia their fiscal breakeven point is $105 per barrel anything less than $105 and they lose Money... right now WTI crude sits at $69. Brent Crude Oil is at $72, per barrel... the price may fall as low as $40, per...
6 Countries are screwed by falling oil prices

I've read that this all some kind of attempt to disrupt US production by OPEC member nations

U.S. shale oil, which has grown from a negligible amount six years ago to 4 million barrels a day, nearly half of U.S. production and more than any OPEC member except Saudi Arabia.

Source

if true lots of other countries will be hurt by so-called marketing positions.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ah yes aljazeera i had a feeling you were fan of the Qatari regime state owned news outlet. By the way the westren news outlet report is not accurate.

Thousands in Moscow, St Petersburg rally in support of Russian speakers in Ukraine

No doubt your going to attack RussiaToday but aljazeera is an news network that is owned by the ruling family of Qatar the same news outlet cheering for intervention in Syria.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
or is this one of your sourceless opinions?

Like the same way you have provided your sourceless opinions based on and referring back to westren news sources for reference to back your own opinions?

Care to provide a source for this,
Friends and other sources by the way your link didst even mention the actual name of the event of that march. NGO protests agaisnt Putin have banners agaisnt Putin.

This protest wasn't about the war in eastern ukraine alone, so here's another fact the next time you try to attack me and my thoughts or my posts why dont you look up on your useless Qatari source eh?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Still waiting for the news on how Ukraine has destroyed those Russian Trucks oh wait it never happened did it? dont feel bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ah yes aljazeera i had a feeling you were fan of the Qatari regime state owned news outlet. By the way the westren news outlet report is not accurate.

So you can't refute the report can you?

Thousands in Moscow, St Petersburg rally in support of Russian speakers in Ukraine

Well since RT says it then it must be the truth.

No doubt your going to attack RussiaToday but aljazeera is an news network that is owned by the ruling family of Qatar the same news outlet cheering for intervention in Syria.

And RT is owned by the Kremlin, so what is your point?

And that is a problem how?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Friends and other sources by the way your link didst even mention the actual name of the event of that march. NGO protests agaisnt Putin have banners agaisnt Putin.

Really because you know exactly when this march happened as it was shown and discussed in a previous thread.

Care to show where this is a different protest than what is being said it was?

This protest wasn't about the war in eastern ukraine alone, so here's another fact the next time you try to attack me and my thoughts or my posts why dont you look up on your useless Qatari source eh?

And what exactly was it about then since you seem to know more than the people who covered it?

And as far as you calling something not credible...Funny when you used Kiev Post as a source yet bash others who use it so your opinion on something being credible has no merit anymore.

edit on 2-12-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Still waiting for the news on how Ukraine has destroyed those Russian Trucks oh wait it never happened did it? dont feel bad.

And yet you can't prove they didn't now can you?

See how that works?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I believe that is due propaganda. There are neutral omnibus surveys carried on by Levada center in Russia which actually speaks different story.
Vladimir Putin.. Trust and evaluation
It seems that Putin is not gaining any support through his recent actions instead people are getting more concerned where he leads them.
The question is which you believe propaganda by Russian government or neutral omnibus surveys. Levada center is very reliable on their data.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join