It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to write Executive Order for police body cams

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This ties in with the discussions about "executive orders" vs. "executive action". He has most certainly played fast and loose with executive actions in a way that is equivalent to "By Royal Decree..."

Critics described Obama's use of executive actions as an overreach of his presidential powers and an unconstitutional attempt to bypass the legislative branch of government, even though the most substantial of the executive actions carried no legal weight.
Some conservatives described Obama as a "dictator" or "tyrant" and said he was acting "imperial."

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida who is considered a potential presidential candidate in the 2016 election, said Obama was "abusing his power by imposing his policies via executive fiat instead of allowing them to be debated in Congress."

source

That being said, I am in complete agreement with LEO body cameras but think this should be pushed at a state and local level and not as a political showboat by the prez.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: seeker1963

Be honest Obama could cure AIDS & Cancer and he'd still be vilified by certain people...

I've given you a multimillion dollar Ming vase...
There is a tiny scratch on the base...

Do you focus on the Sharpton scratch?

What does any of that have to do with having a known racial divider involved in the talks?

Obama has been doing a whole lot of talking since he has been in office, but that is about all he has done. Why should anyone think this will be any different?

edit on 1-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: queenofswords
Meantime, the entire national conversation about Immigration is dead....(crickets chirping.)

Very true. Lots of distraction from illegals getting amnesty ...

Cop cameras = good. But it's not his place to do that. It is something for the local taxpayers to decide if they can afford that equipment for their cops or not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Some Posters at ATS: "Police need Body Cams! Stop the killings"

POTUS Obama steps in, moves for body cams.

Some Posters at ATS: "Waaaaah"

I love this place. I know it looks like i hate it here sometimes, but really, i love you crazy ####wits xxxx

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
And this is how we ended up with the Patriot Act.

History repeats.

Pretty much use any justification for 'big brother' only getting BIGGER.

Obama does Orwell proud!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: amazing
It's quality (or lack of) that counts, not quantity.

It's a Hegelian Dialectic.

Oh yeah like his last one that gave his party anywhere between 5 to 30 million new voters.

Not the number the counts, but what they entail.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Exactly as I expected...

This conversation will go nowhere.

Just another note...

Where is the evidence that Sharpton took prt in those talks...

My reading comprehension of this...

"President Barack Obama will meet with controversial black pastor and MSNBC host Al Sharpton on Monday at the White House, and plans to issue a $263 million executive order putting body-worn cameras in more U.S. police departments in response to the August police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

Obama has a jam-packed day with three separate meetings to discuss the deteriorating situation. He will also announce Monday that he wants the Pentagon and Congress to review the program that puts surplus military hardware in the hands of state and local law enforcement. "

...tells me that these are seperate incidents on the same day!

Any proof linking the civil rights meeting to the Executive Order are welcomed...
edit on 1-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Even more irony:

Can't record the cops, but the cops get to record you.

'Obama acted stupidily'.

If you don't get that comment.

Then that is sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of something from the 13th apostle, Rufus.

White folks only want to hear the good sh**: life eternal, a place in God's Heaven. But as soon as they hear they're getting this good sh** from a black Jesus, they freak. And that, my friends, is called hypocrisy. A black man can steal your stereo, but he can't be your Savior.

edit on 1-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

So Obama is Jesus now?

I thought the left were atheists.

They scream about the separation of church, and state all the time.

And posting that comment does expose the hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He's not Jesus, he's a messiah. Before his first election it was like Christ was coming again.

Yeah I think cops need body cameras but it's ironic people are heralding this dope for using an EO to achieve it. Ever hear of the legislative process? Or would that be offensive to point out his executive isolation?

Problem, reaction.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My first thought was: Wait a minute. He can't do that. Police forces are funded by city, county and state taxes....

Then I remembered this from Saturday Night Live and and thought.....oh yah, apparently he can do what he wants.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Obama does something genuinely great...

Still gets bashed for it...

As the old saying goes, there is no pleasing some people...

Kinda hard to please the people when you've been so busy making their will irrelevant.

Maybe Obama should consider an executive action to make bitching about him and his administration a capital crime, punishable by death?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: neo96

He's not Jesus, he's a messiah. Before his first election it was like Christ was coming again.

Yeah I think cops need body cameras but it's ironic people are heralding this dope for using an EO to achieve it. Ever hear of the legislative process? Or would that be offensive to point out his executive isolation?

Problem, reaction.

We all knows he likes to think he's 'GOD' but the bible did warn us about worshipping false idols.

edit on 1-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

No need. If you have any sort of power and you criticize him you're either fired, discredited, audited or used as a scapegoat for something his administration messed up.

Someone recently criticized his daughters. Social media had a field day.

As for every other president, jokes left and right, satirical racist jokes, caricatures, the butt of every joke in the media. Oh but Obama? Shhh!!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I totally agree with the President and Michael's parents.

Every policeman in every city in the United States and beyond needs to be wearing a camera that records everything they do.

I am hoping the technology will be such that the camera's can only be turned on and off by someone other than the officer wearing it...ya know...so they don't cheat...and conveniently turn the cameras on and off when they want to.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Then someone bribes them everytime a cop wants to smoke a bowl.

What a mess.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So Obama is Jesus now?

Are you new to this forum? Obama has been Jesus since at LEAST 2007.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 1-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

"My camera malfunctioned during the struggle, and unfortunately all of the data was lost"

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Only to the brainwashed.

Those of us who have been paying attention saw through that facade since day one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join