It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any tea drinkers???? whats your fav? infuser or bag?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yerba Mate and Morning Thunder....one bag of each.
shop.celestialseasonings.com...&c=CelestialSeasonings@Black?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc

I also like chai type teas...with no fruit tones.

And, for a cold drink, I make fresh ginger tea with a bit of holy basil in it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I prefer a bag, rooibos flavor

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

1). How is it for making a good hot cup? I love it. Nice, fast, and mess-free!

2). Is it cost effective? No, definitely not! lol If you are concerned with costs, I'd avoid the Keurig and stick with tea bags or infusers.
HOWEVER, it can come in handy for just brewing some hot water very quickly. For instance, I would toss a green tea bag into a cup and let the Keurig brew it. You don't always have to use the $1+-a-pop cup made for the Keurig. Heck, I've used it to make Cup O Noodles!
But if you're happy with your tea pot then I wouldn't even bother.

3). Hard to clean? Not at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I like Yorkshire tea, straight from the heart of Yorkshire.

Yorkshire Tea

Yum Yum!

Spiro

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I listen to Good Eats and drink only full-leaf tea.
The powder leaf teas are just awful by comparison.

Starbucks Calm is great as is their Vanilla Rooibos--i enjoy their tea a lot. Teavana is awesome too. ^_^

Anything full-leaf. I prefer it bagged but only because that little mesh ball thing is better used for something like mulling spices imo. And because I'm just too lazy and I always make a mess trying to get the tea into the ball.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
im not big on the fruity flavors but the lipton dragon fruit one i have in the pic is awesome
it takes like youre drinking starburst

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Those storage chests were so nice! I liked the Stash one, but I don't like the idea of being so devoted to only one brand. I'd probably have to get out my trusty label maker and label each section myself, haha!

I can see how someone else (Cuervo, I think) mentioned that tea can become a quite consuming hobby!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
how does the tea effect the bladder?

i drank a couple cups last night and i had to make a pee pee several times.

also, that kava tea i got from wal mart is amazing....it tastes so good.
thats my favorite one so far...

still a mint guy though

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshleyD
a reply to: YogaGinns

1). How is it for making a good hot cup? I love it. Nice, fast, and mess-free!

2). Is it cost effective? No, definitely not! lol If you are concerned with costs, I'd avoid the Keurig and stick with tea bags or infusers.
HOWEVER, it can come in handy for just brewing some hot water very quickly. For instance, I would toss a green tea bag into a cup and let the Keurig brew it. You don't always have to use the $1+-a-pop cup made for the Keurig. Heck, I've used it to make Cup O Noodles!
But if you're happy with your tea pot then I wouldn't even bother.

3). Hard to clean? Not at all.

AshleyD, thanks for that info. I did do a YouTube search for these machines and see that there is a reusable basket that can be used to blend your own coffees, so I would imagine that using loose leaf tea would work as well. However, seeing how fast it works makes me wonder what is in those cups. I brew a regular black or orange pekoe tea 4 mins and many of the herbal or flavoured teabags up to 7 mins.

One good thing is the 48 oz water reservoir will be a great gauge of how much water I take in at work as I prefer to drink hot water over cold for the health benefits. I guess the price is right on the machine, as it is free, and if I truly don't like it will give it to someone who can use it.

NOW BACK TO TEA:

The first "chai" blend I tried was a "Rooibos Chai Fair Trade" by Four O'clock that is very good. There is a tea made from reishi mushrooms called Gano that a neighbour used to order for me. It was around $1.00/bag back 4-5 years ago and I would save it as a special treat.

Yogi teas are also great and the tab of every tea bag has a saying or quote on it to give you something to ponder while sipping your brew, and their Ginger tea is great for nausea or settling your stomach.

We also have a metaphysical store here in town and they will make special blends of loose leaf to support many things that ail us from an Ayurvedic and Naturopathic point of view. Humans have brewed some form of tea ever since the discovery of fire, guess it's stood the test (and taste) of time.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
how does the tea effect the bladder?

i drank a couple cups last night and i had to make a pee pee several times.

also, that kava tea i got from wal mart is amazing....it tastes so good.
thats my favorite one so far...

still a mint guy though

It has the same effect on me....I swear the ratio is one cup in and 3 cups out (or so it seems). I try not to drink any tea after 7:00 so I'm not up every two hours at night.

This may just be me, your mileage may vary. Enjoy your tea, you will learn your limits in good time.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just like the owl thread, this is also a nice and calming thread.

Owls and Tea FTW !

...and to add, Rooibos Tea is also popular because of the lack of caffeine, so can be drunk even in the evening.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yup, big tea drinker...green tea bags.

White tea too if I can get a hold of it.

Oolong's okay, and I can just barely tolerate black tea, but it's pretty hideous (served with milk and I'm not a lover of milk).

But yeah, bags (had to look up what an infuser was; don't judge me).

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Tea is a diuretic sometimes due to caffeine. A typical caffeine pill has 200mg. So If you're drinking something with heavy caffeine (like one of those weight loss teas) then expect the pee to flow freely~

- Tea consumption does not produce a diuretic effect unless the amount of tea consumed at one sitting contained more than 300mg of caffeine. This is equivalent to six or seven cups of tea at one sitting. - Single servings of caffeine at doses exceeding 300mg may have a diuretic effect.

>> Source

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

I listen to Good Eats and drink only full-leaf tea.
The powder leaf teas are just awful by comparison.

Starbucks Calm is great as is their Vanilla Rooibos--i enjoy their tea a lot. Teavana is awesome too. ^_^

Anything full-leaf. I prefer it bagged but only because that little mesh ball thing is better used for something like mulling spices imo. And because I'm just too lazy and I always make a mess trying to get the tea into the ball.

I've heard (just hearsay mind you) that Starbucks uses MSG (mono-sodium glutamate) in their coffee and tea drinks.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've been on a tea kick since birth. I love tea. It's a british thing. I got an infuser tea pot and don't use it much. Loose tea is better though.

I don't care for fruity either although blackcurrant is good. I just like 'normal' tea, black tea. Green tea is too weak. I like the water poured over it boiling hot, not just boiled five minutes ago. Has to be one second ago, It doesn't taste right with hot water. So I don't like tea served in Canadian restaurants . They bring over a pot of hot water to make my own at the table. Not right. The water isn't hot enough.

I usually drink bentley's earl gray black tea. You can get it on amazon , but dont! It's always out of stock and I hsve first dibs on it, just kidding!

Darjeeling is good.

I rate Lipton as the worst brand.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oh yea I forgot about white tea. I like that

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
I like Yorkshire tea, straight from the heart of Yorkshire.

Yorkshire Tea

Yum Yum!

Spiro

Agreed, I have that one and like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Im very picky what I drink tea from. Preferably bone china. Not a ceramic or stoneware mug. Glass is ok , but fine china is best.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Hi Violet, I looked at a box of white in once and the brewing time said 30 seconds and I put it back on the shelf. Maybe I should give it a try, how long do you steep yours?

And I agree on tea in restaurants, I'll usually just ask for hot water with lemon. A lot of restaurants use Red Rose tea and it is not tops on my list.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

ps: my tea drinking started at an early age when I figured out I got to stay with the grown ups and listen to them talk if I was having my cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Love a brew, pretty much drink tea All day. From tea bags, normally Yorkshire tea brand, no sugar and a drop of milk. Have my last one at about 8.30pm, with some biscuits if I'm lucky. Hob knobs or Jammie Dodgers for some dunking action.

I tried green tea once, but made me physically sick. Apparently has that effect on a few people
edit on 1-12-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join