It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sponsors UN Resolution Revoking Freedoms Of Speech, Assembly, And Association

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

In Western Europe it`s already forbidden what was proposed in the resolution, but yet those same governments are the ones who abstain...how more vassal can you be?

Wrong again! There are laws about Holocaust Denial and Germany specifically forbids Nazi propaganda, but this resolution goes much further. It labels resistance to the Soviet Union as "Nazi collaboration." It would make it a crime to tear down monuments to Stalin and the Red Army. It is worded vaguely enough to permit anti-war movies to be banned if they portray German soldiers sympathetically. Your inability to see how sweeping-- and misleading-- this measure would be, and the character of the governments that support it suggests a whole new level of vassalage.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Most of us already knew what was going on. Most of those who did not know, did not know out of willful ignorance, and their minds won't be changed. Putin could admit it and somehow the West would be at fault.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

FYI, the document you seem to be referring to is:

daccess-ods.un.org...

The title of the agenda item (66) is:

Combating glorification of Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance

Now, where in that document is Stalin or the Red Army mentioned?
edit on 27-11-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister
a reply to: DJW001

FYI, the document you seem to be referring to is:

daccess-ods.un.org...

The title of the agenda item (66) is:

Combating glorification of Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance

All you linked to was the title. Do you think that has any meaning? He is not referring to that document, he is referring to the actual item, not the title. I have highlighted exactly where it's mentioned.

as well as by declaring or attempting to declare such members and those who fought against the anti-Hitler coalition and collaborated with the Nazi movement participants in national liberation movements

I can see that part being dangerous. Even if you are not a Nazi if you fought against those who fought the Nazi's you are a terrorist. So Russia's enemies could be labeled Nazi collaborators just because they fought Russia.

Emphasizes the recommendation of the Special Rapporteur that “any commemorative celebration of the Nazi regime, its allies and related organizations, whether official or unofficial, should be prohibited by States”

Similar problem there.

Expresses concern about recurring attempts to desecrate or demolish monuments erected in remembrance of those who fought against Nazism during the Second World War

This would prohibit the removal of Russian/Stalin/Communist monuments.

Condemns without reservation any denial or attempt to deny the Holocaust;

Does not define Holocaust denial, and appears to be thrown in to make anyone voting against the measure look bad. This would not stop denial, as denial is not defined, unlike all the other measures which are well defined. Definitely Russia playing games (or whoever drafted it).

That is only part of it. That is enough to vote NO right there.
edit on 28-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

Not by name, but Occam has hit the nail on the head, moments before me:

declaring or attempting to declare such members and those who fought against the anti-Hitler coalition and collaborated with the Nazi movement participants in national liberation movements

This piece of work implies that anyone who took arms against the Red Army, the "anti-Hitler coalition," was a "Nazi collaborator." Poison pill.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
So in a nutshell you think that:

Emphasizes the recommendation of the Special Rapporteur that “any commemorative celebration of the Nazi regime, its allies and related organizations, whether official or unofficial, should be prohibited by States”

is a dangerous proposal?

This will be my last contribution on this thread, mainly because I will not enter in a dialogue with any person who advocates the normalisation of Nazism commemoration and anti-Russian hatred.

Shame on you for trying to breathe new air into the lungs of despicable Hitlerites and their modern sympathisers.

Bye.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

How about you respond to this, which proved you wrong.

Expresses concern about recurring attempts to desecrate or demolish monuments erected in remembrance of those who fought against Nazism during the Second World War

You are leaving the thread because you stated that was not in the document, and I proved it was. Just like all you anti-West Putin lovers, as soon as facts are posted you can't twist you run.

And yes, that is a dangerous proposal. Japan was a Nazi ally, though they have nothing to do with Nazis. African countries were Nazi allies.

Shame on YOU for being disingenuous and calling anyone who fought Russia an AUTOMATIC NAZI despite whether their beliefs or agenda had anything to do with Naziism. It's disgusting what you are doing. I don't suspect you will be back after I proved you wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here is a list of countries Russia could label as being "Nazi" under this wording.

Poland, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia, Japan, Bulgaria, and possibly even Spain.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

could label

Who is labelling?

Russians or the falling empire wants confrontation? As I see, EU countries try to save their gold from the "banksters", because the western democracy is only a homoliberal tyranny...

Trust:

Swiss, French call to bring home gold reserves as Dutch move 122 tons out of US

Here is a list of countries

Laws against Holocaust denial

Nice. Laws against unproven stories but silence when tens of thousands are killed by neonazis (racist fascists).

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
Nice. Laws against unproven stories but silence when tens of thousands are killed by neonazis (racist fascists).

This quote makes no sense. Just for the record, how many millions did Stalin and the communists kill?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Unproven story? UNPROVEN STORY? Are you refering to the holocaust? I hope you're not. Oh dear, I hope you're not...

Want me to take you for a little sightseeing? I'd give you my adress and take you around to see a few places, where this horrible reality took place.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I was provocative not accidentally... Hypocrisy is beyond imagination in today "western" world.

Want me to take you for a little sightseeing?

Only after a sightseeing in Western Ukraine, where (for example in Lviv) on the ruins of a concentration camp the new "democrats" built a hotel and place there a Bandera memorial.

Neo-Nazis Honor Ukrainian SS on Holocaust Memorial Day

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Do you have an on topic comment about my evidence? Or how many people Stalin murdered?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

have an on topic comment about my evidence

What evidence and what topic?

Revoking Freedoms Of Speech

Poland, Germany, Hungary, Romania and even Spain have problems with free speech. Just think about it: make laws against denial or prove with historians (and hard evidence)?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The topic is that the item voted on is terrible and would revoke free speech and would force multiple nations to give some of their national sovereignty to Russia.

Former USSR nations would be unable to remove status of Stalin, who murdered millions, far more than the Nazis.

Any group that fought Russia would be labeled a Nazi whether they have any Nazi ideologies or not.

Poland, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia, Japan, Bulgaria, and possibly even Spain could be labelled as being Nazi.

Poland, who was invaded by Germany and fought the Nazis would be considered Nazi collaborators because Russia invaded them in WW2.

You think that is something you would vote yes on?
edit on 28-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

You think that is something you would vote yes on?

The question is much more simpler: will the EU residents overthrow their US puppet governments and when?

(post by OccamsRazor04 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The question is much more simpler: will the EU residents overthrow their US puppet governments and when?

So care to show which government that was placed there by the US and not voted in by the people of that country?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join