It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still eating cats and dogs in Switzerland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

so funny and I love your avatar

I don't think I will be able to look at a fifty dollar note again the same way. I wonder how many other countries have their food as emblems on their coat of arms?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: roth1
Good anyone should be able to eat any animal that is not an endangered species. Any herbs, veggies, fruits ect... How can anyone make food off limits?

Humans are not endangered.

Humans are animals.

Want to come over for dinner?

No, I thought not... some invisible line has been drawn eh? And I bet you a dollar it involves some arrogant human being superior and yada yada schtick. We're not you know. Ask a shark.

Spot on.

Isn't it amusing that human beings consider one of the attributes that sets them apart from the animal kingdom is our so-called ethical sense, which I like to often note is rarely extended to anything, living or otherwise, beyond ourselves. I hope something eats us one of these days, and shows the same indifference and predator ego that we do in the process. I wonder what we'll say then? "But we're humans, you can't eat..." (swallow)
edit on 27-11-2014 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Canabalisim causes KURU,.look it up.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Canabalisim causes KURU,.look it up.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think there is a big difference between farm raising in captivity, and killing - a chicken, a cow, or a cat or monkey.

I would suspect that, for example, that chickens are less intelligent, aware, and in less need of conditions to satisfy them psychologically, than cats or monkeys for example.

I think it would cause more intelligent and aware animals more stress to be farm raised in captivity and ultimately killed because they are more aware of what is happening.

Again, I thing we need to take more into consideration the suffering of other beings when choosing what we eat, and how we go about eating them, if at all.

I think compassion for other beings is a good measure for the development of a society.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: roth1
Good anyone should be able to eat any animal that is not an endangered species. Any herbs, veggies, fruits ect... How can anyone make food off limits?

Humans are not endangered.

Humans are animals.

Want to come over for dinner?

No, I thought not... some invisible line has been drawn eh? And I bet you a dollar it involves some arrogant human being superior and yada yada schtick. We're not you know. Ask a shark.

Rumour has it that humans were found in the food supply in South Africa when the horse/donkey thing broke out in the UK/Europe a couple of years ago , and they would not test for anything else just horse/donkey

Sharks kill 10 people or so a year and we kill 100 million of them a year for pet food then eat the pets .

Man i knew years ago SnOrch told the class he taught that humans tasted like pork , the concentration camp he was number 2 in charge off run out of food and Cannibalism had broken out in , saw a documentary about it year ago and he was telling the truth / mmm bacon

edit on 27/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

great find/pic !

I watched a doco years ago and was surprised at the level of cannibalism throughout history.

I spose if we are hungry ... anything goes

lol

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well that's most intriguing. In all of my years, I didn't know this! I feel most ashamed!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
some disturbing news came up today. China promotes dog meat in all eu country supermarkets really soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join