It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP/Ghostly Message captured by 911 radio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey there ATS. First thread warnings, I hope I'm up to par.

I discovered this about a year ago, and up until now had no idea where to take it.
Let me start by saying that I was a 911 radio dispatcher for roughly 2 years, and due to that I've developed an ear for radio traffic out of necessity. I've shared this particular find with one other friend of mine who is a professional firefighter in Maryland, and he also has quite a bit of time spent behind a radio.

You can clearly hear a ghostly message, I would call it an EVP, come in through the static in this transmission. It does NOT sound like "skip" or any other sort of radio transmission, as you can hear the responding unit reply with "OK" at the very end of the message. That is what normal traffic sounds like, and what is even creepier about the "OK" is that you can NOT have 2 simultaneous transmissions be heard at the same time. You can have 2 people try to "key up" their radios, but only one will come through, the other being completely unheard or "walked on". My friend has spent a lot of time listening to this, and it has become something of an obsession to him. It spooks a firefighter/dispatcher who has heard a lot of radio traffic in his time, and to him this sounds like something "foreign to the air waves". Anybody who has used a car radio can verify that there is a lot of static, or white noise, generated by these radios. I think it is entirely possible to pick something like this up under the circumstances.

To reiterate one more time: This does not sound like radio skip, or another unit trying to communicate. There were no units on-scene at the time, so nobody would be on the radio aside from responding. Also, these frequencies are encrypted. Most civilian or amateur sets can pick up the dispatcher, but not the actual units be they police, fire, ems. That rules out a reply from a handset, which would NOT be heard on an emergency frequency. I'm sure there will be dissenting opinions, and more than a few saying that it's a radio, but from two dispatchers, we can say that this does not have that feeling. If I heard this on the radio, I would have a heart attack.

I also feel it's important to point out that this "message" comes through right after the dispatcher is telling responding units that there are people trapped on the 3rd floor with a fire on the 1st and 2nd. Yes, there were fatalities in this fire. I believe a firefighter died at this as well, so perhaps the message is some sort of premonition?

To me it sounds like, "9 men trapped here" or something to that effect.

Hope you guys enjoy, I know it sent a shiver up my spine.

Link to youtube (did not embed so I could link to exact time. Message is heard at 1:13, video will start around 1:00 with dispatcher message for context) : Reistertown MD Fatal Fire Radio Traffic

I also went ahead and used Audacity to isolate the message and slow it down a little bit. Uploaded that to SoundCloud. This link is only of the end of the dispatch, and the message itself, slowed twice.
Link: EVP on SoundCloud
edit on E1141181112America/ChicagoMon, 24 Nov 2014 12:18:41 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The EVP has a very watery sound. I've heard that before in EVPs. And that voice is either slowed down or just unearthly. Really, really nice find S + F

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That IS weird!
Would give me the willies too!
EVP is not really even scientifically investigated yet...but its sure a real thing.....
Im waiting for the xtians to holler demons already.....
Great job on your first!
S&F and firend ya too!
edit on 24-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Very interesting.

It sounds like the voice was saying "Nine men trapped, or Nine men up here." I could clearly here it over the recording. Out of curiosity - were there 9 people trapped in that fire, or were there 9 fatalities?

This EVP recording DID send a shiver up my spine! Many EVP's are so indistinct that when people listen to it, everyone hears something different. There was no mistaking what the voice was saying on the EVP you captured.

CdT

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I clearly heard 9 men.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

After reading a bit more, it appears there was only 1 fatality. So it was an LODD (line of duty death). At first I thought I heard the word "chapter" in there, but after listening more I'm pretty sure it says "trapped here".
Definitely creepy, even if the number isn't correct, hearing a ghostly voice say anything about "trapped here" with people trapped in a burning building has to give you creeps.

Quote from YouTube:

UPDATE 5/5/13 With great sadness we report that Firefighter Gene Kirchner, rescued from the building, passed away in the hospital. Funeral services are being held today.

edit on E1141091112America/ChicagoMon, 24 Nov 2014 12:09:41 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sounds like "9 men were hurt " to me

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I got ....nine men trapped there.....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have captured evp saying my name twice, first says my first name, and second says "which (my name)".

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I listened with some pretty good headphones and the voice says "nine men hurt". Definitely a female voice.

S&F. I love seeing this type of thread on ATS.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Fascinating! If there was an incident where 9 men were trapped/have died (including the caller), wouldn't it be in the local old news? Would be great if you could find something, or maybe even retrieve the actual call, if the supposed ghost got as far as to actually send the message.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I hear something like "Why are men trapped there?"
Or, "wiring" or something like that...

Very interesting recording!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I listened with some pretty good headphones and the voice says "nine men hurt". Definitely a female voice.

I also got the feeling immediately on hearing this that it was an older woman speaking.

Very interesting class 'A' EVP

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like "Blind man trapped" or "9 men trapped"

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I only heard 9 men.

That was a bit creepy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What about a cell phone "bleeding through" is that even possible?

Maybe one of the callers that was reporting all of the people trapped?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I just located something interesting. It is the history of the Baltimore fire department.

On page 140 it describes the rescue of nine men in a burning then collapsing building. Possibly a voice from the past.

books.google.com... sa=X&ei=nI5zVL23MY2wyAS984KICA&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBTgK#v=onepage&q=baltimore%20nine%20men&f=false

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Me too and I got 9 men hurt also . I can be 95% it's saying that.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Wow that is definitely an interesting fact. They lost 9 men trapped in a burning building, we have a similar event (multiple people trapped in a burning building) occur no more than 30-35 minutes away. Could this be a voice that has something to do with the Sharp St. fire of 1888? It's hard to put those pieces together, but it's nice to know we have them. Maybe there could be a connection because anything is possible, really.

The book you found only calls it the "Sharp St fire", there is only a "South Sharp Street" in Baltimore, and it looks like it's near the docks so probably an industrial (at that time) fire. It looks like residential now.

Reistertown to Sharp St

edit on E110830112America/ChicagoMon, 24 Nov 2014 14:30:08 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

edit on E112231112America/ChicagoMon, 24 Nov 2014 14:31:22 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The first two bursts sound almost identical, like in a loop, the third is similar with what sounds like, 'OK' added in.
No matter what, this is a broadcast from somewhere.
edit on 24-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join