It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP/Ghostly Message captured by 911 radio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Argh, I wish I had checked this before today. I would have loved to hear the discussion. Is there a link to the show? I've searched through the podcasts and stuff, not sure where to find it.

EDIT: Talked to Baz, he told me where/when to find it. Awesome, thanks for including me!
edit on 11/30/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I am a 57 year old two-way radio engineer, and have spent my life designing and bulding systems. \that definitely was not "bleed-through", could have been an "intermod" (inter-modulation) product, but am doubtful about that. Inter-mod would have 2 or 3 voices super-imposed usually.

Now for my own story - I heard it was called "radio echo", but there seems to be scant info. I was pulling some serious overtime about 30 years ago, and had just finished repairing a radio. It was about 3 AM, and I plugged the unit into the base-station test aerial, not expecting anything. I keyed up and counted to 5 followed by the days of the week, while watching the analyser for harmonics. All was fine and I sat back and lit a cigarette, got up and went over to turn on the kettle, when the radio suddenly fired up, and I heard my own voice absolutely loud and clear! This was a good 5 minutes or more after I had transmitted! I got a tremendous fright! I was alone in the workshop, which was an old "uneasy" house, and I just legged it! When I went back in the morning, everything was exactly as I left it. I never mentioned this to anyone, but years later I read somewhere about "radio echo" and no one could really explain it, although one suggestion was a bounce off some space rock that reflected the signal straight back to where it came from, with the inherent time delay.

I have no idea what it was, and it's never happened to me again. I have never met anyone that it has happened to either.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: odaeio

WOW. So, five minutes after you spoke into this radio, it turned on and repeated what you said back to you? That is seriously frightening. In regards to my OP, I'm glad you agree that wasn't any sort of "bleeding", I don't think it is either.

Just to attempt some rational explanation of your story: Was this before repeaters were used? Ex. My dispatch center had a repeater system for the long-range towers, it would be repeated through a closer tower and then transmitted. Could this have happened? I can say right now that 5 minutes is a LONG time for a repeater to repeat something, as it's usually immediate. I don't buy the "space rock" theory as that is just as hard to believe as any paranormal explanation.

Maybe the land? The location of the "uneasy" house might have something to do with it. No clue man. Thanks for the share.
edit on 11/30/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No, the radio was on and plugged into the out-door aerial. This is the final test, since a "dummy load" on the test equipment represents an artificial "aerial", and radio's sometimes act a bit spurious when connected to a genuine aerial. It was on a private companies "link" system, not a "repeater" as such. The companies office radio was on UHF - 450 to 470 meg simplex, and the vehicle radio's were on mid-band 66 to 88 meg simplex. The "link" was the UHF radio back-to-back with the VHF on a mountain top, so the office radio spoke only to the mountain, which then "relayed" the signal on mid-band out to the vehicles. Not being a "repeater", I did not expect to be able to trigger a repeater tail, and being 3 AM, the business was closed, so I couldn't do a live test with anyone. The mobile unit I had repaired was simplex 66 to 88 meg - I don't remember the exact frequency, but I think it was around 73 or 74 meg. It was only a 25 watt unit, just an ordinary mobile, nothing super powerful or weird.

It was as if there was a "parrot repeater", a simplex system which records the transmission, then immediately plays it back, but this was crystal clear, and came in about 5 minutes after I had stopped transmitting and put down the mike. The radio was still on, with the squelch set normally, and so was dead quiet, unless it recieved a signal. Truly frightening!

Best I can describe it would be like you looking in the mirror to comb your hair, then wandering off to put some toast on, and as you come back past the mirror, there you are in it brushing your hair! That sort of fright it gave me!
edit on 30/11/2014 by odaeio because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

No worries. Baz is going to look into it more he is a bit of a sound tech.
I'll let you know when it's up.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: odaeio

Could something have picked up your transmission and sent it back to you?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The rewind i up, please let me know if you need help finding it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
EVP is not really even scientifically investigated yet...but its sure a real thing.....
Im waiting for the xtians to holler demons already.....

Seriously? I'm going to stop shaking my head at that particular comment in order to respond to it. I'm a Christian, and I have been a paranormal investigator off and on for years. I have captured EVPs, pictures, and have even been slapped by something that was unseen.

I don't go around automatically yelling "Demons!" at every paranormal event that occurs.

Maybe you ought to lighten up on your gross generalizations, give your obvious disdain for anyone with a religious viewpoint a rest, and stick to what's presented in the discussion.

My apologies to everyone else, but the comment made was in need of being addressed.

To the OP, this was an interesting find, and a high quality EVP.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Hey, thanks for the reply. I read the post you are referring to (as I believe it was one of the first few replies) and didn't quite understand what "xtians" mean. Now that I know, I'm pretty upset that it wasn't marked as drift, or no manners. I've definitely seen worse things said online, but not in a place with as strict a set of rules as this one, even after several mods have been here in relation to this thread being included on ATS Live!. So, hopefully this individual will realize how his comments make him look in others eyes and correct it, but that's a far flung hope indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join