It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Raping Women! Please!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Actually, you can't "fix" a rapist. They're going to do it, no matter the law or penalties. All I see is, we need to stop demonizing women's choices to defend themselves. Stop with the stupid advice like, "soil yourself" "tell the rapist you're pregnant or having your period" "vomit on them or yourself" "disconnect yourself from the moment". Maybe my point of view is a bit radical and I'm sure I'll be bashed for it, but I really don't care. My cure for a rapist involves a large caliber pistol under the chin. They need to be afraid of even stepping out of their house with rape on their mind.

You will get no bashing from me good sir!

I found your post very refreshing. I'm sick of politicians and what not trying to advise women on what they should do in such a situation. It's just sickening.

The act of a rape is bad in and of itself. It's what happens to the woman after the fact that makes the difference in her life and how she carries on with it. It's horrible.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: AgentShillington

I don't see it as a label...

I see it as a description...
Like philanthropist...
Or boxer...

A rapist is what the person is simple as that...

As per your second post...

Once is enough to be a rapist for life...

Can't believe I actually have to explain this to a grown up.

Well, one of us, I'll let you figure out which of us that is, has dedicated the majority of his life to working with victims rights organizations. I have been to more protests, signed more petitions, worked on more grassroots programs and community outreach than you are even aware exists. So for you to sit and simply declare your opinion to somehow be more authentic, more nuanced than mine, simply because it feels better to merely vilify people that o understand that a large portion of people that perpetuate sexual violence have that violence visited upon them earlier in their life is a testament not only to your IGNORANCE but also to your ARROGANCE.

I hope you are able to gain some perspective.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

I think a better statement would be "even though I know it's not possible I wish all rape would stop"

Rape of women, men and children but that's a fairy tale that can never be. Evil people have been doing horrible things to someone in a weaker position since the dawn of time and will continue to do so until the end.

It's horrible.

Sadly, I know this.

I'm just so overwhelmed by that article. It makes me so mad and so sad at the same time that I can't even think straight.

I really do wish it would stop. I truly do.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

that a large portion of people that perpetuate sexual violence have that violence visited upon them earlier in their life

"Boohoo it happened to me, so I do it as well..."

Two wrongs don't make a right, never have...

That sounds like more sympathising...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Ahhh a rapist sympathiser...
Carry on.

Stop being silly and you have over stepped the mark

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If it was a woman in my family.

He'd be a dead rapist.

If only more people thought like you. It makes me sick to think of these college frat boys with mothers and sisters.

Would they condone it if it happened to one of their own? I can't imagine that they would yet, they have no problem doing it to other females.

It truly baffles my mind why they do what they do.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Trying to find understanding isn't sympathizing. Trying to find a way to end cycles of abuse is fundamental to stopping the abuse from happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Really...

Well I think that claiming a single rape doesn't amount to a rapist for life is over stepping the mark...

& I damn we'll see it as sympathising & will freely speak my mind on the subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thing about women is that they can rape you without even touching you.
Can we broaden the definition just a little more so that we can press charges?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thank you for your post.

I know that as humans we are inherently flawed. Sometimes I just get so worked up over the things I read that I truly do not want to live on this flawed planet anymore.

We shouldn't treat one another like animals. Hell, some people treat animals better than humans.

It's all just so screwed up.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Nechash

Unfortunately, probably never. When will murders stop? Religious killings? Warfare? Child molestation? So long as people have independent will and evil inclinations, these things will most likely occur.

You're right, that is why I changed the title. A rapist at his core will never stop because that is what they are....a rapist.

I don't think those people are truly the problem. The problem as I see it is two-fold. This 'movement' (as modeled by the Santa Barbara killer) that says women have to put out - that men are due sex and adulation. And two the men who don't know what rape is, that don't know what they are doing is rape (see item one) and that is a huge educational problem.

I recall thinking (I was younger) that men only raped intentionaly. It took a movie, I don't remember it, where a suspect passed a lie detector with flying colors about not raping the victim and the shock I felt over the fact this man who had clearly raped this women, honestly didn't know it was rape.

It's simple, unless you have a safeword between you, No means No. How hard is that fellows? Doesn't matter whether or not you or the girl is drunk - no is no.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don't quite follow you now, sympathy comes from the definition of understanding....
They're synonymous with one another.

Ending a cycle of abuse in no way means that someone isn't a rapist if they've raped someone...

Whether once or a thousand times.
Even if they've been abused previously!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
What about Julian from Wikileaks because he's up on two counts of rape according to swedon.

One involved a popped condom but the woman threw a party for "her rapist" the next day where he chatted up he friend and bedded her too but in the morning he did her again before she quite woke up and according to Sweden law that becomes rape but she later dropped him off at the train station and lent him cash for the train ticket.

The two sluts in my mind got together after he departed and worked out that he had done both of them, didn't love them or wanted to marry them and they went to the police for a bit of vengeance.

No wonder the sweeds won't put the charges on the table

I would not like to say where the line is but it sure as hell is not where the sweeds put it

Rape is a just a tad more brutal than lying and stealing? NO?

Not sure where that come from but if that's what you think then you sure do have problems that none of us can help you with.

All I can say to you is that I feel very sorry that you are what you have become. I will not respond to any other post you make in this thread no matter how inciteful it may be.

You are disgusting to me and people like you deserve zero acknowledgement from a person like myself.

Good luck in life, you are surely going to need it.

Bye Bye now

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
**FINAL WARNING**

KEEP THE CONVERSATION ON THE TOPIC AND OFF EACH OTHER.
Any further posts of that nature may lead to a Posting Ban.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

link   

link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Thing about women is that they can rape you without even touching you.
Can we broaden the definition just a little more so that we can press charges?

What the hell does that statement even mean?

Either contribute to the thread or leave. Sheesh.

Do you understand the actual definition of "RAPE"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Legalize Prostitution and it could help?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If we are gonna condemn evil we also have to praise the good nature in the human that is typified by the spirit of the OP.

Rape is such a horrible crime particularly to children…but of course to anyone.

Even arch criminals in prison will not tolerate a rapist.

Unfortunately this vile crime is so rampant and that’s because of the–over-lustful nature of men and the nature of that beast I spoke of earlier.

The good thing is that there are good people who are anti-beasts who can counter this nature often and defeat it or control it.

Though, beyond lower metaphysics, there should be a massive educational effort to demonize rape and rapists and make it so shameful and so dangerous that it decreases considerably.

Woman SHOULD CARRY GUNS imo...
and be ready to blow a guys balls off if neccassary.

The penalties also have to increase for convicted rapists of course since many of these male judges go soft on these criminals.

Btw, I read a story on rape so horrible I wouldn’t repeat it here.

It’s worse than this story believe it or not.

I wouldn’t pass this on to my worst enemy that’s how horrible it is, at least to my sensibilities.

All I will say is that this makes me sensitive to this vicious crime that needs to be given more attention to by civilized society

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most of you replying to this thread have not even read the link.

Truly sad.

No one has even mentioned any part of the article posted.

I recommend you stop bickering and go read it.

It's a cultural problem that can be fixed if it's given the attention it deserves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join