It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Attacked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: neoholographic

Agreed.

I haven't a single degree or credential to my name, yet I am extremely interested in his take on this matter.

He's not the first to speculate on nuclear war having happened on Mars, but he's probably the most qualified.

Exactly!!

People really do just put their heads in the sand and blindly reject everything that doesn't fit with what they already believe.

People haven't heard his talk, read his book or looked at the paper he wants to published, yet they know he has no evidence and he's just doing this to sell books.

This just shows how closed minded people can be.

I remember when Edgar Mitchell first talked about these things, he went from a hero to a senile old kook in less than 60 seconds.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: KROandSOTV

a reply to: wmd_2008

Why is he going over the edge????

You haven't even heard what he has to say yet.

This is what I'm talking about. A blind knee jerk reaction based on what people already believe. It makes no sense to me to be so closed minded.

If what he says has no merit, then it will bear itself out over time.

Are Kaku, Brian Greene and Max Tegmark over the edge when they talk about Parallel Universes? There's more evidence that a nuclear explosion occurred on Mars in the past than there is for parallel universes. The question is was this just a natural explosion or was it the result of a nuclear war.

This Dr. is presenting evidence that it may have been caused by a nuclear war. Are people so closed minded that they can't intelligently discuss the evidence he presents???

He is not presenting evidence at all,He is offering HIS theory on HIS beliefs to sell a book.

As i have stated on ATS i am 50/50 on Aliens/UFO's, i just need something with a bit of evidence and unfortunately up to yet there has been none that is credible in my eyes.

Again, this proves my point. You claim he's not presenting any evidence AT ALL and you haven't heard his talk at the conference or read the paper he plans to publish.

The article says this:

He will lay out his research tomorrow in his talk titled 'Evidence of Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis, and Fermi's Paradox'.

And he is also apparently set to have a paper published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.

So now you will impugn his character and say he's just doing it because he wants to sell a book and you say this without hearing his talk or reading anything.

Again I ask, how can people be so closed minded??

I will say it again he is selling a book,he is making money out of it and i'm not closed minded.

If he had not done a book for MONEY, then he would have a lot more people being rational with his THEORY's.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

We cannot force people to see what we wish them to see.

There are always those who will see nothing more than the finger attempting to point out the moon.

edit on 11/21/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

I will say it again he is selling a book,he is making money out of it and i'm not closed minded.

If he had not done a book for MONEY, then he would have a lot more people being rational with his HYPOTHESES

You just did exactly what neoholographic said you were going to do.

He has a valid point. Wait for the man's research to come out and attack the ideas, not his character. Until any of us has had the chance to hear what he has to say--forming an opinion about his hypotheses would be jumping the gun.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I confess I haven't really read much formal literature on the subject.

Most of my interest stems from personal dreams and a childlike sense of wonder at this Universe and it's Mysteries.

One day, I hope to Grok these matters in full, but as of yet....I am but an Egg.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This is what I'm talking about. A blind knee jerk reaction based on what people already believe. It makes no sense to me to be so closed minded.

Are Kaku, Brian Greene and Max Tegmark over the edge when they talk about Parallel Universes? There's more evidence that a nuclear explosion occurred on Mars in the past than there is for parallel universes. The question is was this just a natural explosion or was it the result of a nuclear war.

This Dr. is presenting evidence that it may have been caused by a nuclear war. Are people so closed minded that they can't intelligently discuss the evidence he presents???

He is not presenting evidence at all,He is offering HIS theory on HIS beliefs to sell a book.

As i have stated on ATS i am 50/50 on Aliens/UFO's, i just need something with a bit of evidence and unfortunately up to yet there has been none that is credible in my eyes.

Again, this proves my point. You claim he's not presenting any evidence AT ALL and you haven't heard his talk at the conference or read the paper he plans to publish.

The article says this:

He will lay out his research tomorrow in his talk titled 'Evidence of Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis, and Fermi's Paradox'.

And he is also apparently set to have a paper published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.

So now you will impugn his character and say he's just doing it because he wants to sell a book and you say this without hearing his talk or reading anything.

If he had not done a book for MONEY, then he would have a lot more people being rational with his THEORY's.

You sound ridiculous!!

Stephen Hawking does books for money.

Michio Kaku does books for money

Laurence Krauss does books for money

Richard Dawkins does books for money

Seth Lloyd does books for money

Brian Greene does books for money

It's just idiotic and it shows how closed minded you are. You haven't read or heard anything yet, yet you know there's no evidence because he's doing it for money.

I sometimes wonder if people realize how ridiculous they sound.

If we had to throw out theories based on Scientist writing books, then we wouldn't have any science.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
MOD NOTE:

Please keep the conversation on the topic and off each other. All opinions are allowed.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

What? every book ever made is written for money.... Even to read scientific articles like Scientific American, you have to pay for membership. nothing of quality is free. Don't be delirious.
edit on 21-11-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So if someone wants to publish a book and make money off of it....what they are selling is hogwash and not true? Sounds and looks like he has plenty of money. You probably shouldn't buy it then.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We as a human race now in our time would only be so lucky to know what the hell is going on. Everyone on this website WILL NOT be around to see the whole truth. Which sucks....because when you realize you spent most of your life wondering and searching..BOOM it's over. From my great grandfather free masons mouth. "Humans won't even know what to do with the truth."

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Sounds like Bruce Lee in the movie Enter the Dragon:

Like a finger pointing the way to the moon.
Concentrate on the finger and you will all of that heavenly glory.

That make sense. I'll try to keep an open mind on the subject. But he has to provide an extremely good argument to counter what we think we already know about Mars.

dex

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky

What evidence can he possibly have? You are the one spouting beliefs. No one is blinded by non beliefs... By all means, show me all this evidence that he has gathered, I'm sure it comes from soil samples, pictures, a martian history book and everything! Some people will believe anything and everything.

Exactly

I would love it to be true,that there was lifeforms on Mars that got destroyed by "Aliens".

But he is selling a book, a science fiction book at that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Immediately I think Stories of Ufos shutting down nuclear weapons on silo bases and wonder are they doing that to protect us from our misuse or accidental use of the weapons or are they doing it as a trial run for invasion day. Aliens are the friend or foe?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The article says this:

You sound ridiculous!!

It's just idiotic and it shows how closed minded you are. You haven't read or heard anything yet, yet you know there's no evidence because he's doing it for money.

I sometimes wonder if people realize how ridiculous they sound.

If we had to throw out theories based on Scientist writing books, then we wouldn't have any science.

I deal with fact not fiction.

99% of the books written by them authors is theory they theorize what happens.
They can't prove it.Same as i can't disprove it,so i theorise that it did'nt happen
If you have ever listened to Prof Brian Cox they can only theorize want happens/happend and that's a big difference to presenting facts.
Unless he has a little space ship gone to Mars collected proof then it's nothing more than science fiction.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Immediately I think Stories of Ufos shutting down nuclear weapons on silo bases and wonder are they doing that to protect us from our misuse or accidental use of the weapons or are they doing it as a trial run for invasion day. Aliens are the friend or foe?

Excellent point.

We dont know,we can only theorize an outcome,we cannot say for fact, same as the martians being destroyed and earth is next it;s a theory by a man selling a scfi book.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

UNDERLINED above that will never happen because even when it is shown to be BS the people OBSESSED at wanting to believe that a civilization existed on Mars will still do.

Look at the Apollo Moon landings there is conclusive proof of that even more so now due to the LRO but we still get new threads on here claiming it never happened.

I remember when the face on Mars was first shown on tv news and I couldn't wait to see how that developed over the years when better images would be taken, YET even now with great high res images some still think its a face.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Agreed.

I haven't a single degree or credential to my name, yet I am extremely interested in his take on this matter.

He's not the first to speculate on nuclear war having happened on Mars, but he's probably the most qualified.

Exactly!!

People really do just put their heads in the sand and blindly reject everything that doesn't fit with what they already believe.

People haven't heard his talk, read his book or looked at the paper he wants to published, yet they know he has no evidence and he's just doing this to sell books.

This just shows how closed minded people can be.

I remember when Edgar Mitchell first talked about these things, he went from a hero to a senile old kook in less than 60 seconds.

He has no evidence end of,I don't need to wait for his paper to come out i can tell you now he has no proof of life on Mars he has no proof that Aliens exist,he has no proof that they are coming to attack Earth.

What he does have are his theory's,and he has put them into a book.

But for you everything he say's and does is gospel,well i'm sorry mate but you're very gullible if you believe that without evidence.

edit on kSat, 22 Nov 2014 04:49:12 -06002014am112212201430v by KROandSOTV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You fail to understand the effort of relevant supporting data the author has gone to the trouble of researching, in order to formulate into the book's theory. To dismiss it as unimportant because it's not yet verified is the most mindfully dishonest a person can be. Every book you read, depends on how well they've put their theory together, then provides theories that others can be influenced by and test themselves.

No one is saying these books are fact or that we should accept these claims out right, but the lack of evidence is never a dismissal, but a waiting period until more books and research can be collected and added to it.

You're expecting too much. Very unreasonable. What kind of evidence would you expect from a book? other then the accumulation of years of papers of satellite and rover mars data, that's been analysed and expanded upon. For you to say any of this research isn't quality evidence because it''s not the final proof demonstrates a lack of basic understanding of how science and research works.
edit on 22-11-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You sound ridiculous!!

But as soon as one of those guys writes on a book about the Alien Nuclear Holocaust, it will make them a LOT MORE money. Lets face it, aliens sell. And they will keep selling even after they are proven to be crap.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
For anyone who cares to go through it Here Is the paper published by John E. Brandenburg, Ph.D. in the Journal of Cosmology published November 20, 2014.

He certainly seems to have done his work on the theory but most of it is over my head , he later branches off into discussing the face in Cydonia before descending into fantasy around page 28.

Inspired by The work of DiPietro and Molenaar, a group of scientist and engineers
called the IMIT (Independent Mars Investigation Team), organized by a science
journalist Richard Hoagland, to investigate further. In a superb bit of “guerrilla
science”

edit on 22-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join