It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Attacked

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I would very much like there to be life on Mars. I am really hoping something turns up on the microbial level first or even some sort of Martian fish thing. That would be cool enough. Buildings and Nuclear war? Well we have robots there, so I will wait for something real. I am patient. Its well within our reach to find out for sure so there is no need leap too far ahead.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interestingly in this paper from 2011 for the Planetary Science Conference John Brandenburg theorises on Large Natural Paleo Nuclear Reactors on Mars.

On Mars , the same ingredients of groundwater and uranium are present and it is likely that similar natural nuclear reactors formed and operated in Mars distant past .
Evidence exists that a large natural nuclear reactor formed and operated on Mars in the northern Mare Acidalium region of Mars. However, unlike its terrestrial analogs this natural nuclear reactor was apparently much larger, bred 233 U off of thorium, and apparently underwent explosive disassembly, ejecting large amounts of radioactive material over Mars surface

Natural Nuclear Reactors formed and operated on Earth, there is no reason this could not have happened on Mars. Conditions on Mars : lack of plate tectonics, and nearness to the asteroid belt, may have favored such occurrences in larger size and duration than on Earth. Changes in groundwater distribution, due to either climate change or loss of geothermal heat, may have triggered this event.
EVIDENCE FOR A LARGE, NATURAL, PALEO - NUCLEAR REACTOR ON MARS

Now that sounds like a more scientific explanation to me , probably sell fewer books though.

edit on 24-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As far as it being a more scientific explanation... how is that exactly? It is certainly an explanation that fits better with what we think we know about our history, I'll give it that... it may even have the benefit of being totally correct... but the radioactivity being artificial isn't impossible... merely improbable.

The radioactivity being natural has the benefit of not indicating a past high tech civilization on or around Mars ... so there is that. It is a far, far simpler answer.

If the radiation were artificial... well... it's not as simple!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I, too, would feel less forlorn if there were little wiggly lives on Mars... but that ain't the thread's contention. It supposes that there is NO life on Mars, now, to speak of due to it being nuked back to the stone-age... well, if it was nuked IN the stone-age, that throws a wrench into that whole "stone-age" terminology, no?

But the Viking lander's findings from the 70's and those odd 'fossily' looking things in those two meteorites sure do seem to indicate microbial life being there.

But I'll join you in patience... as I doubt I'll get to go there anytime soon to see for myself.
edit on 11/24/2014 by Baddogma because: Posessive apostrophe I happened to catch and decided to correct before almost blowing it off to get more late night coffee

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

I wonder what BS they are going to try and get us to believe next?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
When dealing with the question of life I really wish it would be put into perspective off planet by using the term "life as we know it".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow. That's certainly interesting!

I've been ruminating on what sort of nuclear device might have created the reported hydrophobic properties present in the Martian soil. Whatever they constructed, it was absolutely brutal in it's effect on not only life, but also the degree of work and time it would require in order to restore the surface of Mars to it's former beauty.

If we could achieve such a tyrraformation, I dearly hope it would be of service to the martian peoples. If their spirits are indeed still waiting for such a prospect, I would wish the finished product to be as beautiful as possible for them to heal and enjoy when the process is complete.

A war of that magnitude would have to had left a traumatic memory in the minds of some of the more gentile members of the martian populace.

I know this is all completely speculative and hypothetical rambling on my part, but I feel the need to share on behalf of part of myself that still experiences dreams of a whole and healthy holistic solar system.

Thanks for bearing with me in this expression of such.

edit on 11/25/14 by GENERAL EYES because: minor edit

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The radioactivity being natural has the benefit of not indicating a past high tech civilization on or around Mars ... so there is that. It is a far, far simpler answer.

It is highly likely that life did start on Mars but was curtailed by the loss of the Martian magnetic field and atmosphere , from what we know about Mars given information supplied by the orbiters and rovers sent there it would seem Mars wasn't habitable for long enough to produce a high tech civilisation , or any civilisation for that matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It supposes that there is NO life on Mars, now, to speak of due to it being nuked back to the stone-age...

yes, I am talking past tense. I am certain there is no life there now with the exception of some alien archeologists.

I guess what I want is for these giant faces and alien ruins to be real but then again, I want the science to be real too. And why isn't it good enough if its discovered that only microbial life existed? Why do we need it to be a "B Sci FI" flick?

well, if it was nuked IN the stone-age, that throws a wrench into that whole "stone-age" terminology, no?
yes

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I, too, would feel less forlorn if there were little wiggly lives on Mars... but that ain't the thread's contention. It supposes that there is NO life on Mars, now, to speak of due to it being nuked back to the stone-age... well, if it was nuked IN the stone-age, that throws a wrench into that whole "stone-age" terminology, no?

Actually throwing a wrench into the stone age literally would do the same figuratively.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

how about a stone wrench on Mars
edit on 25-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: draknoir2

how about a stone wrench on Mars

If it's a Craftsman the warranty should still be good.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Not a wrench... just a sock puppet.

Indicative of what, exactly, I dunno... Martians with cold feet?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
If it's a Craftsman the warranty should still be good.

The angle of that handle is really going to mess up the torque. So much for "advanced" technology.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
Chavez descendant good aliens told the truth, and in part it is killed, he's one of them as Fidel Che Gaddafi, Saddam Isabella Ivan the Terrible Dracula Caligula, Nero, Stalin Kennedy, etc. They want a good life for Aboriginal people of this planet against them in their countries and peoples waging war vile part of the descendants of aliens and there is no crime for which they will not go

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
a reply to: Indigent
Chavez descendant good aliens told the truth, and in part it is killed, he's one of them as Fidel Che Gaddafi, Saddam Isabella Ivan the Terrible Dracula Caligula, Nero, Stalin Kennedy, etc. They want a good life for Aboriginal people of this planet against them in their countries and peoples waging war vile part of the descendants of aliens and there is no crime for which they will not go

I think you have the wrong language selected on your google translator.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2 it was a translator ru also dreg

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
a reply to: draknoir2 it was a translator ru also dreg

He is the dregest. Translators don't work so well.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The weirdest thing is that he posted in Russian/Cyrillic... and no translator was used

edit on 11/26/2014 by Baddogma because: dduh

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Should this sound so unbelivable that mars was attacked? Just think for a minute, if anybody remembers Romans said that Mars was the God of War, do you think they say it because just they like it and was "cool because its a red planet"? it has more truth than people thinks that Roman saying and they were more right that todays science! But heck sounds like ufo fringe talk so it should be labeled like creazy talk.

Actually Romans knew more than we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join