It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Attacked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No you're all wrong.

This is what really happend.

A long time ago,Captain Kirk was bowling around space bored to tears,he noticed that Mars was getting a bit to cocky for its's own good.
So Kirk and Spock thought, i know we will go back in time and bomb the living daylights out of them,They devised a plan where they go round the Sun at warp speed sending them back in time.

Now they went back in time a couple of billion years, just as Mars was starting to get to our 20th century levels.
Him and Spock fired off a few torpedoes which wrecked Mars and it's lifeforms,they then proceeded back to their time by doing the opposite of getting there.

When they got back to their own time no more Mars and Earth became a power which took on the rest of the Galaxy and won.

And thats the truth, cross my heart ,i was told this by a man in a pub.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KROandSOTV
No you're all wrong.

This is what really happend.

A long time ago,Captain Kirk was bowling around space bored to tears,he noticed that Mars was getting a bit to cocky for its's own good.
So Kirk and Spock thought, i know we will go back in time and bomb the living daylights out of them,They devised a plan where they go round the Sun at warp speed sending them back in time.

Now they went back in time a couple of billion years, just as Mars was starting to get to our 20th century levels.
Him and Spock fired off a few torpedoes which wrecked Mars and it's lifeforms,they then proceeded back to their time by doing the opposite of getting there.

When they got back to their own time no more Mars and Earth became a power which took on the rest of the Galaxy and won.

And thats the truth, cross my heart ,i was told this by a man in a pub.

Woah woah woah back it up!

HOW DARE YOU attempt to change Star Trek history.
You are obviously not a Scott Bakula fan nor have you seen Star Trek: Enterprise! For the true history of Mars, I suggest watching season 4 (though starting with Season 1 is highly recommended)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is what I call the knee jerk response of ignorance.

People want to belittle these things as a way of saying we shouldn't even be discussing these things seriously. It's sad that there's such a closed minded response. Let's look at his bio:

Dr. John Brandenburg is a physicist, rocket scientist, and Mars expert. He is one of the pioneers in Mars anomaly research and, since 1994, has been the principal investigator on the Microwave Electro-Thermal (MET) rocket thruster project for Research Support Instruments (RSI) in collaboration with the Center for Space Power at Texas A&M. He was a member of the NASA Technical Advisory Committee of Technology and Commercialization and served on its former Space Transportation Subcommittee. Dr. Brandenburg is also the author of numerous publications and reports.

He's been working in these areas for years and people are so blinded by their beliefs they can't even discuss these things. They have to make it seem like it's silly to even be discussing it. It's the same thing that happened to Edgar Mitchell. He was labeled a senile old kook when he started talking about these things. Look what the article says:

Aside from this outlandish theory, Dr John Brandenburg has led a rather more normal, and prestigious, career.

He has a PhD in Theoretical Plasma Physics from the University of California at Davis.

Currently he works as a plasma physicist at Orbital Technologies in Madison Wisconsin.

He has worked on a variety of propulsion technologies and previously was an independent consultant on Space Missile Defense and Directed Energy Weapons.

Dr Brandenburg has authored a number of books with his latest, Death on Mars: The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre, to be published in February 2015.

Aside from this outlandish theory???

Why is it outlandish? The guy has been studying these things for years. When he comes up with an idea that people agree with, it's normal but when he says this it's outlandish. Why can't you first look at what he's saying before you say it's outlandish?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TM62
How can you explain the mathematical similarities with Earth structures and man made features compared to mars?

You can make just about anything fit if you fudge it enough.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
there are those old legends about wars in space so it's a possibility

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

also everybody knows Earth has to get blown up for that bypass the Vogons(?) are building...

Not if this little guy succeeds first:

So far we've been lucky because Buggs keeps intercepting his supply of Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulators.

And I think Marvin the Martian might have something to say about his civilization being wiped out by mere nuclear weapons.

dex

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was following the links on that page and came across this from 2004!

Shorty, Above Top Secret Forums:

“I believe that after a nuclear war broke out on Mars. The surviving Martian race emigrated to the Earth, building the Pyramids and Sphinx to represent the features on mars so that when we were intelligent enough we might discover that there was once a thriving powerful E.T race on mars.” So, there you have it. Were ancient Martians blown up by other aliens? Almost certainly not, but if we are similarly destroyed, at least one dude will be able to say “told you so.”

motherboard.vice.com...

it links back to ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-11-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Sometimes we get carried away. But our jocularity does help to keep things light. It's a lot better than the standard disrespectful denigration some members would ordinarily use.

I couldn't find the detailed BIO that you did. However, Dr. Brandenburg provides some interesting info about him.

His credentials are impressive. And most of us have one or more pet theories that we stick by. So, I don't view the guy as a crackpot per se.

I would say that most of the other works he has authored weren't exactly best-sellers due to their limited target audience. He might see a little better return on this book. Everybody who works hard deserves to get paid. And I suspect he put a lot of time into this effort. Good for him!

dex

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
if the ancient Martians were advanced spacefaring creatures then they probably visited our planet Earth since we are neighbors and similar planets geologically
maybe some of them settled here to make a new start or to get away from there

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Good points.

Could there have been a nuclear war on Mars where the inhabitants of Mars migrated to Earth in order to survive?

It sounds plausible to me especially with this Doctor who has been studying these things for years and is well credentialed saying this is the case. I want to hear more of what he has to say.

It's just as plausible to me as saying there's another version of me in a parallel universe who bought a bag of Funyans when I bought a bag of Doritos earlier today.

The article says this:

He will lay out his research tomorrow in his talk titled 'Evidence of Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis, and Fermi's Paradox'.

And he is also apparently set to have a paper published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.

Like I said, people can be so closed minded before even hearing what he has to say. They have to belittle the subject as if to say, this shouldn't even be discussed.

I think it's rather intriguing and it should be listened to based on his credentials.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Even great minds can go over the edge!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Why is he going over the edge????

You haven't even heard what he has to say yet.

This is what I'm talking about. A blind knee jerk reaction based on what people already believe. It makes no sense to me to be so closed minded.

If what he says has no merit, then it will bear itself out over time.

Are Kaku, Brian Greene and Max Tegmark over the edge when they talk about Parallel Universes? There's more evidence that a nuclear explosion occurred on Mars in the past than there is for parallel universes. The question is was this just a natural explosion or was it the result of a nuclear war.

This Dr. is presenting evidence that it may have been caused by a nuclear war. Are people so closed minded that they can't intelligently discuss the evidence he presents???
edit on 21-11-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

This is what I'm talking about. A blind knee jerk reaction based on what people already believe. It makes no sense to me to be so closed minded.

Are Kaku, Brian Greene and Max Tegmark over the edge when they talk about Parallel Universes? There's more evidence that a nuclear explosion occurred on Mars in the past than there is for parallel universes. The question is was this just a natural explosion or was it the result of a nuclear war.

This Dr. is presenting evidence that it may have been caused by a nuclear war. Are people so closed minded that they can't intelligently discuss the evidence he presents???

He is not presenting evidence at all,He is offering HIS theory on HIS beliefs to sell a book.

As i have stated on ATS i am 50/50 on Aliens/UFO's, i just need something with a bit of evidence and unfortunately up to yet there has been none that is credible in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Agreed.

I haven't a single degree or credential to my name, yet I am extremely interested in his take on this matter.

He's not the first to speculate on nuclear war having happened on Mars, but he's probably the most qualified.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What evidence can he possibly have? You are the one spouting beliefs. No one is blinded by non beliefs... By all means, show me all this evidence that he has gathered, I'm sure it comes from soil samples, pictures, a martian history book and everything! Some people will believe anything and everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Oh i do love a good conspiracy even when it's complete bull#.

I personally am let down by the fact that people decided to make the 21st century a century of constant lying, lies about everything at all times. At least that is how we are starting this century and the age of Aquarius. The age of Aquarius may be the age of all lies, and exposing of all lies. It has already started across the world with religion, finally researchers have been given the truth, the ultimate truth about how religions were really formed, and how the bible was originally written.

At this point we are encouraging each other to lie. We are encouraging our youth to lie, for they are growing up in a world where before they can develop a perception of reality, they are forced to deal with an awareness of being lied to. They are forced to deal with a society that openly lies to them.

There are so many ways why this attitude is completely bad and destructive. This action that encourages people to stay locked in that left side thinking, the egotism of evil, like an axis of evil, everybody is in secret fear and competition with each other, love is lost and the divorce rate showed it, the second that woman started living for herself and not for unity. It is not all women's fault but the world no longer has a mother. In the 1970s the world did have a mother. Times have changed. Back then people got married and stayed married. Do you know how? Well women actually gave men attention back then instead of constantly ignoring him.

You'r one sentence gives so much information that a whole book can be written about it. How this world is falling because of that kind of thinking. The youth will not be able to learn what we had in the 20th century any more. We will no longer have a peaceful world. It wasn't a peaceful world for longer either. Look at 6,000 years of civilization, 3 decades of that was peaceful and free, that is less than 1 % of the time.

So please stop teaching our world to lie. There is a reason why not lying was a commandment, why it was considered so important that it was written as a top ten rule. I will leave you with a chance to listen when the world did have peace. When people spoke freely from their minds, because they were allowed to speak truthfully and freely from their views, they were encouraged to speak truthfully to other people because it was made known that other people loved them, by the way people treated each other in a free open society, of which the earth had never seen before. It was the exact opposite of what happens now. It is the exact same as my beliefs - to let other people be free, to let them be themselves, and to make them feel good in their soul by loving them. Does the world do that? It doesn't do it to me. It leaves me in the dark. It not only leaves me in the dark, but it lets me know that it wants to leave me in the dark personally, personally from the will of light and goodness it wants to show me that there is a darkness, and it acts to persuade my spirit to fall in that darkness by taking love away from me. In this classic video you can hear the freedom, you can hear the encouragement of civilization to say the truth. And I Deeply Miss That.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

I was instantly reminded of a dream that one of our own users posted about back in 2010:

Martian Dreams

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

I am curious. The article states the tech level was about the same as ancient Egypt. If true what must a society do to piss off a highly advanced society to the point of nuclear annihilation?

edit on 21-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

He is not presenting evidence at all,He is offering HIS theory on HIS beliefs to sell a book.

As i have stated on ATS i am 50/50 on Aliens/UFO's, i just need something with a bit of evidence and unfortunately up to yet there has been none that is credible in my eyes.

Again, this proves my point. You claim he's not presenting any evidence AT ALL and you haven't heard his talk at the conference or read the paper he plans to publish.

The article says this:

He will lay out his research tomorrow in his talk titled 'Evidence of Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis, and Fermi's Paradox'.

And he is also apparently set to have a paper published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.

So now you will impugn his character and say he's just doing it because he wants to sell a book and you say this without hearing his talk or reading anything.

Again I ask, how can people be so closed minded??
edit on 21-11-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join