It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing! The Gulf Stream Now Stalling In Two Broken Areas!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

that was actually in 78' and ya we had snow drifts so high my dad was walking above the power lines on our old farm lol climbing out of the second story window to get outside so he could dig down to the barn doors and take care of the animals lol this is winter people, it may be colder then it has been in most of the country but it i remember it being like this when i was a kid too lol winter=cold news flash lol

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Could it possibly have something to do with the broken/damaged Gulf Loop current that was altered a few years ago from the deep water horizon accident? 1 wonders...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: safetymeeting

I was referring to the gulf stream patterns, not about cold weather and precipitation (or the lack of it).

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The Gulf loop current was not altered by the oil disaster.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks Phage for the update
I was following older data from near when the spill occurred such as this

Oceanographic satellite data now shows that the Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico has stalled as a consequence of the BP oil spill disaster. This according to Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian theoretical physicist, and major complex and chaotic systems analyst at the Frascati National Laboratories in Italy.

He further notes that the effects of this stall have also begun to spread to the Gulf Stream. This is because the Loop Current is a crucial element of the Gulf Stream itself and why it is commonly referred to as the “main engine” of the Stream

yowusa.com...

NAMASTE*******

edit on 11/20/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

I was a paperboy in a suburb of Cleveland in that storm. Boy was that fun. It was a bit chilly if I remember correctly.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here is a glimpse of how much energy is involved with the moving water in the Gulf Stream current:

The amount of water presently transported north eastward by the Gulf Stream varies from 30 million cubic metres per second off Florida to a maximum of 150 million cubic metres per second south of Newfoundland at 55° is transported within this volume of water is approximately equal to the amount carried north east by the atmosphere which gives North Western Europe its milder climate

oceancurrents.rsmas
Now, imagine the amount of energy that it would take to alter that flow to a significant degree.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
So was I.
Zangari did not know what he was talking about.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The cold that has been seen in North America is not because of a broken area in the Gulf stream. What has happened is a similar situation that occurred last year, The Pacific Oscillation became very negative, thus causing blocking to occur in Alaska. The blocking keeps Alaska warm and opens a path way for cold to plunge into the U.S, The Artic Oscillation also went very negative, which caused a Greenland block. Basically two path ways for cold air were made to go straight into the U.S. The mega typhoon that came for Asia caused a very strong high pressure system ( polar vortex) to plunge south from Canada into the U.S causing very cold air and snow for some of the U.S. Now a rare phenomenon called the McFarland signature occurred during this, usually they only happen every 20 to 30 years, but another one occurred just last year in early December. There could also be more this year.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

don't mean to do one liners but...

it sucked lol

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

1 accepts your argument of TRUTH on the subject data presented Phage, and the optimism within 1 hopes that you are correct

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18683142]IngyBall[/ #

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

all that oil from the deepwater fubar must have made its' way into the atlantic to absorb all the heat. perhaps this is bs, however this has surfaced in my mind umpteen times since the event occurred. que the oil hammers!
f
flagged and starred you dude.

Are you seeing what no one else can see?

You are a very naughty boy! tread carefully.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
They don't coincide with eachother? Sorry I'm always trying to learn more about our earth it always nice to learn something.
a reply to: Dumbass

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The Gulf stream does have an influence on weather, but that influence is on the Eastern U.S coast and the Western European coast. You might be thinking of the jet stream, which isn't an ocean current but an atmospheric current.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Feltrick

Not really a warming trend (at least in the past 5 years, not so you'd notice) but it is clear that last year was particularly warm. So saying that this year is cold and scary is sort of .... huh?

I find the entire discussion, filled with too much politics. History tells a different story, one that is rarely pictured in the graphs shown by environmentalists. 4000 years ago, Sweden was TROPICAL. A Thousand years ago, you could grow WHEAT in Iceland. But despite this warming climate, it's still 4 degrees too cold there, to do it today.

This is extremely important, as instead of pursuing this ... environmentalists are pushing for de-industrialisation, which may prove catastrophic for human life. While we NEED to study this phenomenon, and know that we are merely sand corns here, and no matter how many cows fart on the planet ... it's not going to cause hell to freeze over. That is an insignificant factor, when compared to volcanoes, the sun and other factors.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn
The topic is about some supposed problem with the Gulf Stream (which there isn't). But this is certainly an interesting claim:

4000 years ago, Sweden was TROPICAL.
If that's the case, why are there Swedish glaciers which are much older than that? It may have been warmer at some times than at other times, but it was not tropical.

A Thousand years ago, you could grow WHEAT in Iceland. But despite this warming climate, it's still 4 degrees too cold there, to do it today.
Really?
icelandreview.com...

and no matter how many cows fart on the planet ... it's not going to cause hell to freeze over.
Right. Because increasing methane levels would lead to warming. But the burning of fossil fuels produces far more CO2 than volcanoes do.

environmentalists are pushing for de-industrialisation
Some maybe, but most who are concerned about global warming are advocating for increased use of alternative energy sources, alternative to fossil fuels.

edit on 11/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

the gulfstream influences the weather, mainly Europe and the East Coast of the USA as Ingyball mentioned.

Simply said, it comes at surface levels West of Africa crosses the Atlantic and goes to the gulf and northern Atlantic ocean. Before it gets to Africa it comes from deep sea levels that float around the southern tip of Africa, originated from the eddies East of Madagascar.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

all that oil from the deepwater fubar must have made its' way into the atlantic to absorb all the heat. perhaps this is bs, however this has surfaced in my mind umpteen times since the event occurred. que the oil hammers!
f
flagged and starred you dude.

All that oil just settles down to the bottom of the sea floor and eventually goes right back to where it came from. Divers off my coast, way off the Florida west coast said it is dead out there and the oil is laying on the sandy bottom in clumps. The Chemicals they used to break it up did more damage. However that is way out and all the Marine life that was able to swim away has just moved in closer to the coast, that I have seen first hand. The fishing is awesome compared to what it was before the spill. You wont catch me eating them but catch and release is my kind of fishing anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

If the caps are to come back we'd need polar cooling, especially Arctic cooling. No signs of that only signs of continuing Arctic warming.

ETA: Not that the caps are gone but they are diminished.
edit on 11/20/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join