It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing! The Gulf Stream Now Stalling In Two Broken Areas!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Are we witnessing the Gulf Stream closing down? Is the cold November in the US just a precursor of what is to come? A massive snowstorm has wreaked havoc in the north-eastern US and left seven people dead in upstate New York. After sweeping across the Great Lakes, the storm dumped 5ft (1.5m) of snow in the Buffalo area, with more forecast. The storm caused seven deaths there - one in a car crash, one trapped in a car and five from heart attacks. Freezing temperatures were recorded across all 50 US states, including Florida and Hawaii, and there were more deaths elsewhere in the country. New data from The Earth Wind Map and The NOAA Data Satellite both agree and are now showing the Gulf Stream is colder than average in not one area but two! The huge section in the North Atlantic is still showing colder than average on both website's see links above but more alarming they are also both showing the Gulf itself is now colder than average and this was not the case last month.

The Big Wobble

Has anyone seen any news on this?
If this is true, it could have very big effects on the world economy.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Probably no big deal. I remember about 10 years ago there was someone on this site who kept claiming the gulf stream was shutting down. Obviously it's still pumping.

It is not in a fixed position or have a fixed rate of flow.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So nothing is going to change here in the UP. Lots of snow and cold weather. I was so happy when Heikki Lunta was sharing our snow and cold with everyone. I guess everyone in the country has to play the Heikki Lunta go away song if we don't want to go into an ice age..

Oh, I guess I am letting the Yooper in me show. I need to keep that under control.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The only problem I ever had with the global warming claims was that it was misleading. Humans may be adding effect but even if we are not it doesn't matter. We are not heading towards a warmer earth, that is done, we are heading to a long cold period. The caps have to come back, regardless of who done it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

all that oil from the deepwater fubar must have made its' way into the atlantic to absorb all the heat. perhaps this is bs, however this has surfaced in my mind umpteen times since the event occurred. que the oil hammers!
f
flagged and starred you dude.

link   
why are the waters right at the shore of Florida showing colder than out in the open?? Im not screaming the sky is falling yet, but this is arguably something to take note of and not ignore.

link   
I like in a lake snow belt. Its not unheard of to average 200 inches a winter here. The jet stream is working just fine.

Do a little research on the like snow belts. blizzard of 66,93 and a few others.

I have no idea why they are sensationalizing this so much on the msm. It happens every year up here. We get a few major lake events that last for days to a week sometimes. This is nothing new.

As soon as the great lakes cool off a bit the lake snows will subside, some time end of january-february.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy I tell you butcher that film with dennis quaid springs to mind, the day after tomorrow, seeing the amount of snow that's been dumped on the northern US especially the place called buffalo, something is changing the worlds weather system ha we all go on about ww3, it will be the climate change that will kill us all I think.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Perhaps i didn't see it in the article but what did last years data look like during the same period? What about previous years? This could be a normal cycle but, taken on its own, makes it look extraordinary.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
sounds like Heikki Lunta is an illegal alien that needs to be deported.

Obama won't save her if I catch her first!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
it looks pretty normal to me..

Ocean Currents @ Surface + Sea Surface Temp

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Run in circles!
Scream and shout!

Or not.

2010:
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

2011:
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

2012:
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

2013:
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

2014:
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just because there's a little bit of snow falling, doesn't mean the gulf stream is stalling.

In my books I call it "winter"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hasn't snowed at all here in Alaska
usually have over a foot by Halloween... It was like 50 degrees yesterday and rainy.. May I have some of that cold weather?
a reply to: Dumbass

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are unusually high sea surface temperatures on eastern cost of US, but cold spot in middle of Atlantic. Overall the temperatures are higher than average, but its quite normal. But the warm surface water near Newfoundland is not normal, I guess that is the reason for snowing, as there is much more evaporation when water is warm.

UNISYS

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

As usual, awesome stuff. Makes it look like a warming trend over the past few years. Thanks for providing more data on the OPus tale of doom.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
But I thought the Gulf Stream ceased to exist a few years back when BP blew it up and we all died ......

Seriously - there is nothing on the news about this for the same reason there is nothing on the news about Yellowstone erupting yesterday just as aliens landed on the Whitehouse lawns .....

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Not really a warming trend (at least in the past 5 years, not so you'd notice) but it is clear that last year was particularly warm. So saying that this year is cold and scary is sort of .... huh?

edit on 11/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

News Flash.

Sometimes it snows really bad.

Just had someone tell me about a bad snow storm way back in 77 in Ohio. snow drifts were 12 feet high.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ryan2010
a reply to: butcherguy I tell you butcher that film with dennis quaid springs to mind, the day after tomorrow, seeing the amount of snow that's been dumped on the northern US especially the place called buffalo, something is changing the worlds weather system ha we all go on about ww3, it will be the climate change that will kill us all I think.

Yep somethings changing the climate allright....a little thing called winter...............meh

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join