It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo at work suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
*mods...if you think this is in bad taste, feel free to delete this sensitive subject.

I don't feel comfortable parroting disinfo, especially of this subject, but I find my source trustworthy, so I will share what I know.
My writing skills suck, so bear with me...

There has been a suicide by an employee at Wells Fargo in West Des Moines, Iowa.
There are allot of people who work there that I know.

This has been kept extremely quiet and pulled from a main news source.
Employees have been talking about this and the news hasn't.
Here is the here-say info I have been able to find out.

This happened the other day at the big Wells Fargo building on Vista drive, out by the mall.

The victim shot himself and was not noticed until 45 min later via lack of activity on his call logs.
I only have his first name as Jake. He was with card services. He went into conference room adjoining the cubicles.
Nobody heard the gunshot.

An employee has stated he had a silencer on a handgun and large supply of ammo.

*I am stating exactly what I have heard from a coworker of his, I didn't see this.

I feel this loss is extremely sad and the silencer and ammo issue, if true, is extremely scary.

I don't know if they just are not releasing this info and will, or they are keeping it quiet.
I have 100% confidence in my sources.
The lack of coverage in this crazy event is enough to make me suspicious.

whotv.com...

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: formatting

*if a close friend or family reads this, and it turns out to be BS, please accept my apologies, I am trying to keep the information flowing and am repeating what I have been told. I have people I care about there.
edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: addition

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

After reading about this...one of my first thoughts is...the extra ammo is a red flag moment...I am wondering if he planned to shoot up the place and take many of his co-workers and perhaps some customers with him...but changed his mind and just killed himself.

It is sad and scary. Suicide is such a final ending...when just around the corner could be that person's help and hope. No more chances after suicide; it's a wrap.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

An employee has stated he had a silencer on a handgun and large supply of ammo.

Like to know more about this "suppressed" source. It doesn't appear on any of my scopes.

Link within OP link

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
An employee on his floor, strictly here say.

Also, I will add, later on another employee has stated she was told that this was a quiet/soundproof room.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
exactly my concern...I am seeing some metal detectors in their future..hopefully.

a reply to: caladonea

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They do have quiet rooms. You can reserve time in them, mainly used as privacy rooms. For breast feeding infants and such.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
exactly my concern...I am seeing some metal detectors in their future..hopefully.

a reply to: caladonea

Metal detectors would not be feasible. There is a large amount of stuff always coming and going and that would never stop alarming lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Also, I will add, later on another employee has stated she was told that this was a quiet/soundproof room.

Ahh, thats more likely why they didn't hear a shot or discover the body for a while. Private rooms deaden shots, too. Interesting he chose work and that room to do it in.

As time goes on maybe your source will reveal more about their character.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
have you been in one?
do you think there is credibility to this theory, hiding a handgun blast, over the report of a suppressor?
how close are they to the other workers?
never actually been in there.

a reply to: Azdraik

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wonder why, Wells Fargo would want to keep this quiet, unless it is to keep from putting bad publicity on an already struggling sector

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I wonder why, Wells Fargo would want to keep this quiet...

Perhaps to keep things such as this out of public view.

We all know who owns the banks AND the media...

William T.
The poor guy had just been laid off. I am told WF does lay-offs this time of year to make themselves look more profitable to shareholders and investors. The employees are given a 2 month notice with 4 months severance after the actual termination date. Then the employee is usually hired back after the new year. This has been going on for years at WF. I can’t imagine working or giving loyalty to any company who treats their employees like this. How can you plan ahead or start a family or take time off if you constantly worry you might be laid-off soon? In my opinion, I think WF needs a better strategy with their HR department. I will have a very difficult time patronizing WF businesses going forward after knowing this how they treat their employees.
November 19, 2014 at 10:58 pm Reply

Janedoe12345
You have some of it right William….when Wells does mass layoffs they might do a severance but the amount is 100% dependent upon length of employment. They will hire back managers, but regular employees only get hired back if they are favorites…other will be rehired at a lower pay. But if they just let you go in an at will state, no severance.I had one coworker who got one mo of severance, and a manager who got 16 months! then the manager was rehired, but not the lower paid employee. Wells treats team members awful. How do I know this (an d many many other things) you ask? Because I worked for Wells for 10 years, and after contemplating and planning my own suicide…to be done on wells fargo property, I recognized that I had to walk away, and I did. No one can ever sustain the sales goals they set…they are terrible!
November 19, 2014 at 11:24 pm Reply Report comment

whotv.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

After reading that piece you posted I had to laugh. It says how they treat their employees, you should see how they treat their customers. I hate wells fargo with every fiber of my being and would never go through them ever again. Sad day for this guy but perhaps as more info comes to light there will be another reason as to his actions not work related? Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They are a monster employer in Ia, they also just dropped 100 mill into their home mortgage expansion there.
That is not good publicity, I would imagine. Iowa has some serious selective reporting as well.
a reply to: Glassbender777

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
have you been in one?
do you think there is credibility to this theory, hiding a handgun blast, over the report of a suppressor?
how close are they to the other workers?
never actually been in there.

a reply to: Azdraik

I have not used the room they offer in the building I work out of. I just know that they are there and can be reserved.

Unless they are soundproofing the rooms like you would a studio room no idea how a shot would be muffled that much. Even with a silencer it is not that silent.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Agreed, I was once a customer as well.

Speaking of customers, apparently many have also ended their lives due to foreclosures...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
People end their own lives all the time. Wells Fargo is no more to blame than any other reason people have to do this.
Maybe the man's family want his death to be treated with dignity and not be a subject of the tabloid Poop sheets.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They are going to have to seal off that room and pretend like it was never there. I wonder if years from now, if there will be any ghost sightings on that floor? Too bad such a study cannot be conducted. Sorry to hear this guy thought his j-o-b was worth his life though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well there you go, they don't want their policies becoming public.

Profit over people.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I remember a thread on here saying a lot of bankers have killed themselves this year.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I agree, something's causing this to be hushed up in the local media. Now, I recently worked in this same department (Disputes, not Card Services). I'm not sure if I knew the person who killed himself. But all you needed to get inside was a magnetic card, there was no metal detector. To my knowledge all the nursing rooms were downstairs and in the Disputes area there was only one conference room. It wasn't sound proof--we were frequently told to be quiet during meetings we had in there because we were disturbing other workers. The conference room was about 10 feet from the break area where people would have been taking breaks and eating. It's not very far from Disputes or the Fraud Department. I'm not surprised this happened based on my WF experience. It was a miserable place to work. The supervisors were a miserable bunch and very unsupportive of their employees. The employees were so lucky they weren't targeted. By the way, all the Card Services employees were terminated last year in October because WF had opened a new call center in Birmingham. It was great fun to watch all the upset employees at this same campus. (That's sarcasm.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join