It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Gruber - Americans are stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Actually, the person who 'discovered' and introduced us to the Gruber clips...wasn't FOX, but just another regular ol' "Stupid" American, who lost his insurance he liked and was told he could keep. He decided to spend some time researching and came across the clips.
Interesting story:
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

SO, a paid Admin shill, lies to the American public, gets paid to lie, flaunts it on video and people are surprised??

This whole admin is summed up by this turd.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yes, Americans like everyone else can be played by internet trolls to react to thoughtless pontification that adds nothing to constructive public discourse but makes the troll feel vapid superiority for a few minutes on a conspiracy forum. Woo hoo yet another YouTube vid that is so badly edited with the polarizing statements repeated ad nauseam for stupifying effect, it forces only one conclusion: politicians are smug! Yeah for yet another useless revelation via self-ingratiating trolling! What a burst of brain power! If there were more internet trolls the world would be such a smarter place!

edit on 19-11-2014 by audenine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
We elect representatives to represent us and do what is best for us, if trusting that our representatives won`t lie to us and won`t backstab us makes us stupid then yes I guess we are stupid.
I would rather be "stupid" for trusting my representative than to be the lying,backstabing,immoral,self serving representative.
Their lying and backstabbing doesn`t make us stupid it just makes them immoral and unethical.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well proof that many forseen that this was happening at the time and many threads about it are on here. The biggest factor that made americans stupid was the race card and the tea party remarks. How can anyone forget those words just pass it and see what is in it. There was not much american support for the bill at the time and the stupidity i see is how we did not find a way to defeat what was happening. However it seems now that either those who wrote the bill were stupid for wording it so it could be defeated when repubs took over or the whole thing is some distraction sham.

When everyday americans are put in a system that has them struggling to get by praying they or loved ones do not get sick it is very easy to write off their nonenvolvment as being stupid in a system where a vote cast for president does not count because of some eletric collage crap. However we have not been defeated yet there is always hope if you can grasp it.
edit on 19-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This sort of sentiment is retarded. Americans are made up, literally, of a sampling of the world.

If we are dumb, you are dumb.

Just a reminder though, we exert influence and dominion over the world...so you must be dumber than us if dumb people can do that to the whole world.

Just saying. Only a retard would call americans dumb while forgetting to tally up his own people in the comparative mix.

No one is dumb. The bad ones just make us all look bad. Thats true for the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Back to the point, on the whole, yes, Americans are stupid. I stand by that.

...as if the past handfull of elections have left any doubts?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Handful?

Someone must have abnormally large hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

-poke-

i asked you a question..

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Democrats: Don't Even Think About Running From Gruber.
usbacklash.org...

I just love how fox news has found all these Gruber film clips.

Then the democrats started claiming they never heard of Gruber.

Then fox news finds clips of the same democrats that claim to not know him prasing Gruber.

It just shows who in the democrat party is really stupid.

www.foxnews.com...
pjmedia.com...

What's really funny is how the Republicans are making an issue of this when he was a consultant for Romneycare and worked with the Republicans back then. But now it's an issue when he was a consultant to the Democrats for the ACA?

Yes, people are stupid. They are fooled by politicians and snakeoil salesmen and will go to the absolute pinnacle of stupidity to defend their party or make a partisan point.

Face it....Guber worked with both the Left and the Right. But only stupid people will find a way to wiggle around that reality.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This sort of sentiment is retarded. Americans are made up, literally, of a sampling of the world.

Just a reminder though, we exert influence and dominion over the world...so you must be dumber than us if dumb people can do that to the whole world.

Just saying. Only a retard would call americans dumb while forgetting to tally up his own people in the comparative mix.

No one is dumb. The bad ones just make us all look bad. Thats true for the world.

You completely missed the point.
In so many different ways.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

SO, a paid Admin shill, lies to the American public, gets paid to lie, flaunts it on video and people are surprised??

This whole admin is summed up by this turd.

Whats more hilarious is Pelosi AND Obama coming out and saying they have no idea who this guy is, and he didnt have anything to do with the bill....

And then backing soundbites up RIGHT behind that of Pelosi and Obama actually dropping Grubbers NAME and holding him in such high regard.....doing what you ask? Oh writing parts of the ACA bill LOL

People are outraged by this, what they should be outraged by is the fact that 1. Hes right......

2. they are proving it because they are more preoccupied with the fact he called us all stupid, and less concerned with the content of what he said and the fact that the ADMIN IS LYING ABOUT KNOWING him.......to your face....on record.....

unbelievable
edit on 11/19/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hey,

I do get the point of the thread and really my comments were not towards you but a general "youz". I was speaking more towards the sentiment that many share where the stereotypical dumb fat american drooling over McDonalds is seen by the idiots of the world. Hell there are plenty of people in government in the US that think that Americans are dumb. They too also think that all of humanity is dumb by default.

The sentiment that Americans are dumb is retarded since we are made up of a sampling of the world. If we are dumb then so is the world. If we are dumb and can get away with what we do then they are that much dumber as a planet for letting us. Thats all I am saying. I am not disagreeing with your OP, just making an observation.

edit on 11 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Come on the American goverment proved how dumb and gullible they were countless times in the past.

Look at the patriot act!

Make a act that strips vital freedoms and should make any sane person cringe but hey slap the name "patriot" so it must be good derp derp derp.

The masses in the USA has proven to be very plyable and easly distracted....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And the UK is shining bastion of intellectual liberty, right? I mean no disrespect as I have a lot of respect for our English brothers and sisters across the pond. We share a common enemy, you know.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Dude, I havent met a single person in my life that actually was pro patriot act.

Like ALL places on earth, the government rules, the people deal with it.

I hate that analogy. So because the US people didnt do what NO other people would then we are dumb? What were we supposed to do? Start a civil war? Dont say "lobby our government to change things" since our government is the culprit of everything we dont like to begin with. We cant just ask them nicely to stop now can we? does that make us dumb? Not unless the world is as dumb. Europe isnt exactly in line with its individual governments now is it? Are they dumb for letting their respective governments do everything they want to?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I dont think we are saying Americans are genticaly dumb or inferior.

But come lets be honnest the US state school system is one of the worst in the western world.
It seem designed to churn out plyable easly led and manipulated drones. You must see that, hell why do you think the same 2 crap partys get voted in.

Of course not all American are dumb, some of the worlds best and brightest are from there......but then they are not normaly from the masses but from the elite with private education behind them. With exceptions of course,

O and the UK has a similar problem ! Not to the extent of the US yet but ever since we adopted the US state school system our population has been slowly dumbed down.
edit on 19-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Dude, I havent met a single person in my life that actually was pro patriot act.

Like ALL places on earth, the government rules, the people deal with it.

I hate that analogy. So because the US people didnt do what NO other people would then we are dumb? What were we supposed to do? Start a civil war? Dont say "lobby our government to change things" since our government is the culprit of everything we dont like to begin with. We cant just ask them nicely to stop now can we? does that make us dumb? Not unless the world is as dumb. Europe isnt exactly in line with its individual governments now is it? Are they dumb for letting their respective governments do everything they want to?

Pretty much yeah.

The UK has to a lesser extent been afflicted with the same dumbing down.

And i have seens polls online, fact is many american do seem to suport such things as the patriot, unregulated spying ect

Fact you havent meet any is likely cause your a bright guy who hadnt been dumbed down and is still able to think for himself and if your like me keep company mainly with other like minded people.

Most my freinds are pretty smart people who think for themselfs. Go down the road and I can find a bunch of tony blair supporters who get there opinions off secound rate news papers.
edit on 19-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

And the UK is shining bastion of intellectual liberty, right? I mean no disrespect as I have a lot of respect for our English brothers and sisters across the pond. We share a common enemy, you know.

As I have stated twice already not really.

Things are not as bad as the USA YET

But ever since we abolished our old school system and adopted the US style system we have been going down hill.

In fact the UK was last I check only one point above the US on most education topics like maths and science with many country way ahead of both of us.
If i remember rightly finland was at the top.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hey I will concede that our schools are.....terrible. LOL

I do see the effect our CULTURE has on our people. It is a dumb-ing down. BUT, this current "american culture" is all an experiment only a couple decades running. The idiots the world sees are idiots to us too. The modus operandi of our ruling elite has been to just hurt us as a people since they could not sway our opinion one way or the other. They cant convince us, so they destroy us /change us. Our thinkers, our kids, our segments of culture that praise critical thinking and pioneer spirits....all are targets for deterioration.

The UK has a similar approach being taken from what I can see. Why is it a sin to love your people and country now? Why cant you favor your home team and love the hell out of everything from the UK? Why do you need to set a place at your table as a country in the name of multiculturalism for guests that dont even care to respect the table and brotherhood you offer them? Why cant you just defend your people and country without being labeled a nationalist?

For the same reasons we cant. They cant convince a proud and uplifted people to bend their knee....so they will change us until that is all we can do.

have a good one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join