It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Gruber - Americans are stupid?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I always knew Obamacare sounded fishy right from the start.

Can you believe how smug he sounds? Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
News flash. Yes, Americans are stupid.

Is telling the truth smugness now?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
News flash. Yes, Americans are stupid.

Is telling the truth smugness now?

Are you apologizing for someone who swindled the American public by writing confusing and 'transparent' laws in order to LIE and MILK MORE MONEY out of them rather than SAVE THEM MONEY?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the average U.S. citizen didn't vote for obamacare. the democratic house reps, and democratic senators did.
it didn't matter what they were told by their constituency. it wasn't like we could just yank them out before they voted.
edit on 18-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Are you apologizing for someone who swindled the American public by writing confusing and 'transparent' laws in order to LIE and MILK MORE MONEY out of them rather than SAVE THEM MONEY?

I have no idea how you could presume that from my comment.

Yes, Americans are stupid. Your monumental jump to a errant conclusion isn't refuting the statement.

And by the way, there's nothing transparent about the laws. I have no idea how you got that "take away" from Jonathan Gruber's comments out in the wild.
edit on 18-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Correction, those who voted for this lobbyist insurance corporation written bill made to rip people off is "stupid".

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Obama said that this would save you money right? But it's costing more money? Obviously there's no surprise but why isn't there more backlash?

I'm not even American and I find Grubers attitude highly offensive.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

He's telling the truth isn't he? Yes, what he's saying went on is pretty despicable, but from what I can, he's not being deceptive.

Back to the point, on the whole, yes, Americans are stupid. I stand by that.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

He's telling the truth isn't he? Yes, what he's saying went on is pretty despicable, but from what I can, he's not being deceptive.

Americans are stupid BECAUSE they are being deceived on a daily basis. That makes his comments even less acceptable. I can't believe this is actually allowed to happen. I don't think there's many other western nations where this could just 'slip through the net'

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Nope. Americans are stupid, and the system takes advantage of that.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anyone else sick of people apologizing for saying things they absolutely meant and, being honest, would absolutely stand behind if there wasn't a huge whiney group of delusional and yes, frankly economically and politically stupid people getting whiney and delusional about it?

He said it. He meant it, and he was right. It's entirely possible that he's not talking about you personally... but if you squeeze your juicebox, you'll spray someone he was talking about. The truth is that politics is a much easier game if the majority of people believe it works, and only the other people know how to play. Ditto economic theory. Makes some rich folk, some poor folk, and a whole bunch of folk who have no idea what just happened.

Those are the ones he's talking about. The ones confused by the deliberately confusing and obfuscated worlds of finance and politics. I'm stupid. You probably are too, because there just isn't the time or budget to teach you about the world as it really is. I'm not saying you're stupid... but if you aren't, could you turn to the person beside you and pass it on? Pretty good odds it's him.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You and your nationalism.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!
- L. Long

Everyone is a little bit stupid. Put a lot of people together and you get a lot of stupid.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yes, what he's saying went on is pretty despicable, but from what I can, he's not being deceptive.

How convenient he is so honest AFTER the fact...

what a scumbag...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Nope. Americans are stupid, and the system takes advantage of that.

You do realize that there has been a purposeful dumbing down right?

Please tell me you realize that and you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing?

I can prove to you that this is the case if you want SO?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Can you believe how smug he sounds? Disgusting.

Who is being smug?

Gruber, the narrator, or Obama?

Not clear.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Americans are stupid BECAUSE they are being deceived on a daily basis. That makes his comments even less acceptable. I can't believe this is actually allowed to happen. I don't think there's many other western nations where this could just 'slip through the net'

I agree and with the thread premise. However, wouldn't put much "hope" into other Western nations to know better these days. Corruption is throughout preying on the uninformed(or as he kindly put "stupid").

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
How convenient he is so honest AFTER the fact...

It's an odd thing. I'm starting to see him as an accidental whistle-blower.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Nope. People are stupid, and the system takes advantage of that.

There we go, that's more like it! Saying that Americans are stupid is as ignorant a generalization as saying all Brits have bad teeth. It is simply not true. Are there a lot of stupid Americans out there? Well, yeah. But there are a lot of stupid Canadians, Japanese, French, Luxembourgian (Luxembourgers?) as well. Remember the Wizard's first rule: PEOPLE are stupid. Also, it doesn't help the cause when people are basically conditioned to be stupid.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Hey Bill...there's already a thread for this....

why is this one still open?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Democrats: Don't Even Think About Running From Gruber.
usbacklash.org...

I just love how fox news has found all these Gruber film clips.

Then the democrats started claiming they never heard of Gruber.

Then fox news finds clips of the same democrats that claim to not know him prasing Gruber.

It just shows who in the democrat party is really stupid.

www.foxnews.com...
pjmedia.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join