It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Jerusalem synagogue attack kills five

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: MaxMech

How do you know they are celebrating this slaughter?

You have no source for the photos that says such.

Do you really think it is unlikely for something like that to happen? And why do they feel the need to cover their face if they're just handing out sweets to the community?

Note, picture of the 2 terrorists in the upper right.

Is Reuters a good enough source for you? I understand people don't like Israel, but why defend those that celebrate horrible acts of extremists?

Reuters Video

And from your source regarding the Cave of the Patriarchs massacre:

Goldstein was widely denounced in Israel and by Jewish communities in the diaspora,[5] with many attributing his act to insanity.[6]

The difference with the recent attack is many consider them heroes or martyrs - If an Israeli did something similar tomorrow, very few would be celebrating an attack like that...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Thank you Joe.

That's all I wanted was a source.

I'm not defending them pal, but I wouldn't condemn without the knowledge that it's true.

I think they are acting shamefully...

No better than the Israelis on the hill with their popcorn.

I do wonder where they got the image of the two terrorists so quickly, but nevertheless...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How do you know they are celebrating this slaughter?

You have no source for the photos that says such.

Not sure what you mean by that...

It was hyperbole...

However I hear kids playing football on a beach doesn't go down too well.

"The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, said it carried out the attack, which it called a "heroic operation".
"Palestinian radio described the attackers as "martyrs" and the Islamist group Hamas praised the attack. Loudspeakers at mosques in Gaza called out congratulations and youngsters handed out candy in the streets".

Here's your source:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEVzAZcWtUxDUAOhZXNyoA

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The difference with the recent attack is many consider them heroes or martyrs - If an Israeli did something similar tomorrow, very few would be celebrating an attack like that...

You're wrong. Israelis would celebrate eating popcorn and having orgasms.

The cycle of violence is terrible and needs to be denounced with vigor.

But I'm pretty sure if Israel would respect the 1967 borders, stop building settlements, stop stealing land, pull out from the occupied territory, well maybe there would be less anger on the Palestinian side.

Under international law, Israel has no right to Jerusalem.
So, let's stop acting like the Palestinian resistance are suppose to pave the road with roses for Israel to steal away all the land.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

1 Briton, 3 Americans among the dead.

I think attacking civilians is disgusting.
This cannot be justified and it makes the attackers no better than those they are supposed to be fighting against.

It would seem Hamas (the so called democratic elected rep of the palestinians) disagree with you charlie..... it seems that they glorify in the death of innocent civilians.

Palestinian radio described the attackers as "martyrs" and the Islamist group Hamas praised the attack. Loudspeakers at mosques in Gaza called out congratulations and youngsters handed out candy in the streets.

source

Let this not be forgotten...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Thank you Joe.

That's all I wanted was a source.

I'm not defending them pal, but I wouldn't condemn without the knowledge that it's true.

I think they are acting shamefully...

I do wonder where they got the image of the two terrorists so quickly, but nevertheless...

But is it really surprising, even before confirmation from a source? Seems like many Palestinians celebrate the death of Jews from terror attacks and Hamas missiles - but similar celebrations from the Israeli side are much much smaller and a lot less frequent... I've never heard any of my Israeli friends/co-workers celebrate when Palestinians civilians are killed - And when the Palestinian teen was killed in retaliation for the 3 Israeli teens killed recently, everyone I know talked about how sad and terrible it was. THAT is a major difference in these 2 cultures... Now I don't think all Palestinians are terrible people - I'm sure quite a few want nothing more than to live in peace, but I bet there is a much higher percentage of Palestinians that enjoy seeing Jews killed.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

You're taking one event and a single comment by a stupid girl and making it out to be as if that sort of thing is common place in Israel and is the typical Israeli position - it simply isn't. My experience living here for 4+ years has shown me otherwise...

I agree - the problem is that the Palestinians rarely do this...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yeah I'm no fan of Hamas...

I've been vocal about Hamas since I joined the site.

I find them equally deplorable as the IOF and am not surprised they're celebrating...
They're of the same ilk as any extremist.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

originally posted by: samsamm9

You're taking one event and a single comment by a stupid girl and making it out to be as if that sort of thing is common place in Israel and is the typical Israeli position - it simply isn't. My experience living here for 4+ years has shown me otherwise...

I agree - the problem is that the Palestinians rarely do this...

First of all I'd like to point out the fact that there are amazing people in Israel, I know for a fact there is a strong opposition to the current regime in place.. it saddens me in the deepest way possible when I hear about innocents dying or suffering...

There is a cause to the rooted violence engraved and crystallized in Palestinians.
When generation after generation you've been occupied by one of the most murderous, torturous and tyrannical entity in history, you become like your enemy.

Living in a prison, in an apartheid way of life, you become an animal.

Again, it doesn't excuse the violent aggression against innocents, but it makes you understand the probable cause.
edit on 18-11-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It was hyperbole...
However I hear kids playing football on a beach doesn't go down too well.

Yeah as I thought... after clearing all the hyperboles and sarcasms, not many facts are left.

The "Israelis on the hill" were residents from Gaza-neighboring villages.
After being shelled by Hamas for weeks, they were exited to see IDF retaliate (without a doubt a very distasteful way to express their excitement).
Here you see the main population celebrating the slaughter of random Israelis by having a party in the middle of the city.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with hyperbole now and again...

After being shelled by Hamas for weeks, they were exited to see IDF retaliate

Outright defence of Israeli terrorism is much more deplorable imo.

& To be fair...
Rabbis are not random victims...

Their is a reason for this attack...
Even if it's a step backwards.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

No Axes & Knives... will Guns do?

No, axes and knives only, thank you. IDF and Hamas are always killing each other with guns and missiles. Axes and knives are much more up close and personal where you actually have to enter a sanctaury and get right in the face of your victim who's practicing their religion. Nice try at utilizing old, tired stories to meet your anti-Israeli agenda, though.

So just because this terrorist used a gun it doesn't count? This guy couldn't do it by using a knife or axe because he wouldn't have gotten the kill count he wanted. What is really disgusting is what was put on his tombstone.
The tombstone and its epitaph, calling Goldstein a martyr with clean hands and a pure heart, was left untouched. To call this bag of filth a martyr is nothing but pure ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

In 1999 Israel passed legislation outlawing monuments to terrorists and dismantled the shrine, and rightly so...

Hamas still praises terrorists. According to you, Hamas is a legitimate representative of the palestinian people.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Using a chopper on them poor praying jews, is no worse than the Israelies bombing schools and hospitals as they have done just a couple of months ago. I saw that kerry bloke moaning about it on the news, yet when the israelies bomb a school or hospital theres not a word from him or his gang in Washington.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

. According to you, Hamas is a legitimate representative of the palestinian people.

Legitimate?? Yes.

By popular vote. The majority of the population voted for them.
It's called democracy.

You and I might not agree with them but it doesn't make them less legitimate.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

In 1999 Israel passed legislation outlawing monuments to terrorists and dismantled the shrine, and rightly so...

Hamas still praises terrorists. According to you, Hamas is a legitimate representative of the palestinian people.

You may choose to overlook this but Gaza is part of Palestine you do understand that don't you? Also Israel as well praises terrorist and gives them awards as well. Like in 2005 when they gave awards to the terrorists that were part of the group recruited by Pinhas Lavon. By all rights they should have been executed.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Geez...it was reported by CNN that the assailant's entire families have been rounded up and the assailant's houses will be destroyed?

The attack was an atrocity - a mad, callous, hateful act - but it should not be met with more madness. It will never stop.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

So technically, the majority of Palestinians voted in a government that blatantly condones terrorist acts such as this intent to murder innocent civilians...

Do you see where this is going?

Get over it... they were spies, not terrorists, no casualties (never meant to be), and it was 60 years ago....that's really reaching, you have to get over this Lavon affair.
edit on 2014-11-18T12:01:01-06:00201411bpm3011pm0130 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-11-18T12:02:02-06:00201411bpm3011pm0230 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

No Axes & Knives... will Guns do?

No, axes and knives only, thank you. IDF and Hamas are always killing each other with guns and missiles. Axes and knives are much more up close and personal where you actually have to enter a sanctaury and get right in the face of your victim who's practicing their religion. Nice try at utilizing old, tired stories to meet your anti-Israeli agenda, though.

So just because this terrorist used a gun it doesn't count? This guy couldn't do it by using a knife or axe because he wouldn't have gotten the kill count he wanted. What is really disgusting is what was put on his tombstone.

The tombstone and its epitaph, calling Goldstein a martyr with clean hands and a pure heart, was left untouched. To call this bag of filth a martyr is nothing but pure ignorance.

Yes, I agree. Calling Goldstein a martyr is just as disgusting as Hamas referred to these guys as martyrs. Boy, have we come far in the twenty years after the Goldstein attack.

"Palestinian radio described the attackers as "martyrs" and the Islamist group Hamas praised the attack. Loudspeakers at mosques in Gaza called out congratulations and youngsters handed out candy in the streets".
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEVzAZcWtUxDUAOhZXNyoA

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Exactly...

Imagine Obama rounding up the family of the Columbine shooters, the Texas military base shooters, Virginia Tech shooter, etc.. and burning their houses down? Are you kidding me??

They already shot and killed the perps in this most recent tragedy. Justice has been served. At this point, any more violence or death and you are just as guilty as the murderers this morning.

This is acceptable to Americans?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join