It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Jerusalem synagogue attack kills five

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Two assailants reportedly entered a synagogue in North Jerusalem in the morning and attacked worshipers with knives and axes. One Israeli was killed and several others were wounded. Israeli police say both attackers were shot dead on the spot, according to AP

rt.com...

apparent vid of the take down (not graphic)
instagram.com...

Ugh..here we go again :/
They're reporting six dead now, nine injured, developing..
edit on 18-11-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

We are viewing this as a terrorist attack," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

www.jpost.com...

Injuries in reported shooting at Jerusalem yeshiva
United Hatzala reported on Monday morning that it was treating a number people who were injured in a shooting at a yeshiva in Jerusalem on Agasi street.

Different incident or related if not? Might be wrong but the locations look different..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The city of Jerusalem has seen months of heightened tension and several attacks and kidnappings after a dispute over access to holy sites.

yup, that's what I thought. I've been reading a bit about this. All those folks are pretty religeous to say the least. I guess it is Jerusalem..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Har Nof is closed off. They are looking for a third terrorist

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Just heard the idiot Kerry on the radio condemning this act.
Where is the outrage from him every time the Israelis kill or main an unarmed Palestinian, or beat their women and kids?
See, this seems to be plastered all over the media this morning, with all the usual politicians jumping in and speaking of their outrage, yet they and the press remain silent on the almost daily Israeli acts of terrorism.

Talk about a distorted and biased viewpoint and reporting!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I think the reason that this act got so much attention this morning is it's brutality.
Pretty sure that once an Israeli settler will brake into a mosque and start slaughtering people with an axe, he will get the same attention in the international media.
There are numerous terror attacks carried out by the Palestinians during the last couple of weeks, killing or injuring innocent almost every day. This is not in any way to imply that the Israelis are saints.

The reality is that hundreds of people are murdered by religious fanatics all over the world every month.
Almost non of these acts are getting any attention from the media.
edit on 18-11-2014 by MaxMech because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Oh religion, you'll be the death of me.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yesterday a Palestinian bus driver was found hung on his bus.

Some say it was a lynching...
Israel said he killed himself...

Maybe this is the reaction.

Netanyahu has promised to "respond harshly"...

So now he is admitting over doing it.

Harsh has a few synonyms...
Let's have a look some at them...

Cruel, savage, despotic, barbarous, merciless, ruthless, tyrannical, dictatorial...
So any of these responses can be expected.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
1 Briton, 3 Americans among the dead.

I think attacking civilians is disgusting.
This cannot be justified and it makes the attackers no better than those they are supposed to be fighting against.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Just heard the idiot Kerry on the radio condemning this act.

Where is the outrage from him every time the Israelis kill or main an unarmed Palestinian, or beat their women and kids?

See, this seems to be plastered all over the media this morning, with all the usual politicians jumping in and speaking of their outrage, yet they and the press remain silent on the almost daily Israeli acts of terrorism.

Talk about a distorted and biased viewpoint and reporting!

Are you kidding me? The Obama admin. is the most critical of the Jewish govt. ever, as well as the US liberal media. I believe pols were waying in because of the brutality of the attack. Please provide a source where Israelis went in to a Palestinian house of worship and killed innocents with axes and knives. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Celebrating Palestinians in Gaza and Bethlehem -

Plus some concept art for encouragement -

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Celebrating what exactly?

That's just photos of Palestinians with sweets & treats.

Is that illegal in occupied Palestine nowadays too, most other things are.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Week by week Jewish religious nutjobs attack Palestinians, destroy their crops, steal their land and houses, all under the protection of the Israeli police and military. If they resist, they get beaten or shot. This happens all the time, yet is always missing from the mainstream press. If a Palestinian farts within earshot of an Israeli Jew, it's an act of terrorism!

I don't condone murder at all, but when the Israelis get away with it all the time, what are the Palestinians to do?
They live under oppressive military occupation and the immigrant religious nutjobs claiming all the land under the excuse that it is theirs by right, apparently given to them by some invisible sky fairy, think they are justified in abusing anyone not one of them. They are no better than ISIS, which of course they are in collusion with to destabilise neighbouring states. Take them out of the equation and peace would return fairly quickly.

Any other country acting this way would have had regime change imposed on them long ago, and UN troops deployed to keep them in their place. Instead, they control the media corporations and our politicians are scared to speak out against them, knowing well from examples in the past that without the support of the "Jewish Lobby", they will very quickly be out of office. As long as that continues, Israeli murder and oppression will continue.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No Axes & Knives... will Guns do?

No, axes and knives only, thank you. IDF and Hamas are always killing each other with guns and missiles. Axes and knives are much more up close and personal where you actually have to enter a sanctaury and get right in the face of your victim who's practicing their religion. Nice try at utilizing old, tired stories to meet your anti-Israeli agenda, though.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Please provide a source where Israelis went in to a Palestinian house of worship and killed innocents

Nice try at utilizing old, tired stories to meet your anti-Israeli agenda, though.

That wasn't what I was doing.

I merely provided a source.

Sorry there was no Axes & Knives...
& If it's dated I apologise...
I thought these things had everlasting consequences.
edit on 18-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Celebrating the slaughter of innocent civilians by munching some candy and baklava is surely legal.
Just demonstrating the mind set (which by the way, is not inherited by all Palestinians).

most other things are.

Not sure what you mean by that...
What are those "other things" that are illegal under PA/Hamas rule?

edit on 18-11-2014 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Celebrating the slaughter of innocent civilians by munching some candy and baklava is surely legal.

Just demonstrating the mind set (which by the way, is not inherited by all Palestinians).

most other things are.

What are those "other things" that are illegal under PA/Hamas rule?

Yep, Palestinian college students handing out sweets to celebrate the killing of rabbi's in Jerusalem. Gee, I wonder why not everybody feels sympathy for the Palestinians.

Tweeted:
"Israel News Feed @IsraelHatzolah
SICK: Palestinian students at a university in Jordan handing out sweets, celebrating Jerusalem attack - @shimritmeir"

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

How do you know they are celebrating this slaughter?

You have no source for the photos that says such.

It was hyperbole...

However I hear kids playing football on a beach doesn't go down too well.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ok so the crazy killers have been shot dead, the crazy killers have paid the ultimate price with their lives. I do not believe in capital punishment but I am human and glad that justice was carried out on the attackers. Wish it would have been in a court of law but these killers probably never had that in mind.

Any more killings over this atrocity does not magically make murder acceptable. I'm looking at you Netenyahu!
Too bad he has already stated a harsh response...well with the killers dead, how do you hand out a harsh response without hurting innocents? The answer is, you cannot....remember this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join