It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Those who are looting, don't have the right to do that. They are few. Most are peacefully protesting... but no one wants to talk about that. Most here and in the media just want to label them all as looters and thugs. It's disgusting.
edit on 11/17/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

Then you should be well aware the implications of Ferguson violence.

A catalyst for martial law.

There is no stopping it, and only a fool would believe violent protest would benefit anyone, other than the establishment.

State of Emergency, grants emergency powers, and any group attempting to usurp the establishment's monopoly on violence, is a doomed one.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Everyone has a right to protect themselves... regardless of skin color... mike brown used his size and had the "thug" demeanor and he got what he deserved... iam sorry to be blunt... but you can not attack a peace officer... if the officer had been killed by this thug we probably would have never even heard of it... this whole race card that black people play is out of hand... this needs to stop now... Live like a thug... you can best assume you will die like one too... come on people... We need to take back this country! The race card needs to go away... stop living the thug lifE!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is a big experiment being conducted with Ferguson.

Yes spot on.

Are we giving them enough cool aid or do we need to increase it because they look like they won't take no more.

Saying it as a joke might make you read it but the apathy I see in people today really does make me serious and we are all in for trouble if we ever come off the juice and I am right but that's still no reason to medicate the masses.

For all I know they need a delay in the verdict so the water or what ever it is they are using has a chance to sedate the people in Ferguson so it passes off peacefully if that's what they want.

One in ten kids are now medicated or so I am told in the USA ! That's a hell of a high number don't you think so how do you medicate the parents aswell

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

And....

Researchers find that nearly 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and more than half receive at least two prescriptions, reports CBS Atlanta.

Researchers from the Mayo Clinic, a non-profit medical and research center, report that antibiotics, antidepressants and painkiller opioids are the most common prescriptions given to Americans.

Study shows 70 percent of Americans take prescription drugs

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
“How many of these sympathizers are actually sympathizers?”

Many of them see the protests as a way to “chime in with their own personal agenda.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: steve95988
The big guys on the streets all seem to be whites and dressed in black from what I have seen and the body language whist standing behind a gun seemed to be saying "Make my day punk"

Steve its a nice little world you have where blacks are all being treated as wrong and whites are all right and yes at one time I thought just like you but today I realize that the people you should be venting anger towards are not the black folk who are making a stand.

Now here if you like you can back out saying that the colour was not the issue and yes you could be telling the truth but tell me man if you would want to be born black or white in the USA given the environment today.

Great Obama did not come from the Sky's people and a lick of paint on the puppet didn't do jack $hit for blacks but this is a man who can take us to war but cannot even let the parents have there day in court over the killing of their son.

WTF is wrong with the USA today or are you all living the great American dream and I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All BS - nobody will declare Martial Law over this .. state of emergency just enables the Governor/Government to use certain resources. It's a legal proceeding and a extreme situation is required. Also there is a huge difference between a National State of Emergency and a regional State of Emergency.

Anyway, all of these violent protesters are criminals like the guy who got shot which ignited this idiotic situation. Pure criminals that take advantage over the situation. I 100% agree that the Police should use full force on them. There is no reason and there is no place for them here.

I understand that people are upset over the actual situation - not the incident - however I am more and more convinced that the Community here is using the race/victim card for something they don't even have figured out yet - they have no idea what they want other than scare White People - WTH .. talking about racism. Most idiotic!

I talked with a lot of my friends (yeah they have black skin if you want to know which for me plays no role) and they all agree that this whole thing is BS and will only further damage the view of the society on this subject.

And WTF .. the President of the United States is part of this?? Well lucky for him that he lost my respect a long time ago.

Here is the deal: I have no sympathy if you protest in favor of a known criminal!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
“How many of these sympathizers are actually sympathizers?”

Many of them see the protests as a way to “chime in with their own personal agenda.

^^^THIS^^^

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

I think they are about to scare one too many whites. It's sad because there are some good people from all races and creeds. I feel like the black community needs a man like Martin Luther King today. They need to put a stop to the rioting and get down to the brass tacks of it all. The entitled and victim mentality cannot last forever. I would love for a person to be seen for the contents of their character and not the color of their skin. The rioters are showing a lack of character. The peaceful people there (even though they side with a thug) shouldn't be subjected to what's coming.

This powder keg is about to blow wide open. Nation wide.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: sirlancelot

Well he seems to have met with some pertinent people close to the Ferguson situation....

Obama Met With Ferguson Activists – Said He’s Concerned They “Stay on Course”

President Obama met with Ferguson protest leaders on November 5th, the day after the midterm elections. The meeting was not on his daily schedule. He was concerned that the protesters “stay on course.”

What does that mean?

And why is the president meeting with the violent Mike Brown protesters before a verdict is reached in the court case?

Hmmm.

Perhaps good intentions?

I find the quote "stay the course" odd. What course might that be?!?! Who did he meet with? The same "peaceful protestor" I saw somewhere that where planning action in white area's of the town!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
. I feel like the black community needs a man like Martin Luther King today. They need to put a stop to the rioting and get down to the brass tacks of it all. The entitled and victim mentality cannot last forever.

i think they need to end the victim mentality and get down to brass tax without a martin luther king type...

they just need to get their # together....

and the president getting involved.......thats a load too.

i think that if(when really) the verdict comes in and then the protests(rioting and looting really) start it is going to reach further than just ferguson.

i remember the rodney king situation....i was in junior high school in florida. we all knew the king thing was in california....
well the riots started and it reached all the way to florida where i was....

riots started popping off in small little concentrated pockets.....all within the black communities...school was closed for several days. stores were closed.....
it was wild man....a couple thousand miles away....

fast forward 20+ years and the same damn things are happening....

i dont understand why the black community continues to label themselves the victim.....

mike brown got shot....we all know why...
the community are the ones that turned it into a race issue from the jump.

why was it not about a person of authority(a cop) shooting a civilian(another person)

the black/white label gets slapped on straight away.

how many think if it was a black cop that shot mike this would be happening?
how many people think if it was a black cop that shot a white guy the white community would be all up in arms tearing # down?

i dont think so

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
we aredy know its going to be not guilty or they would not bother with all this

so will it be rodny king all over again ... maby

hear it was bad im not in la ether

how bad it will get idk ether way i cant see good coming

only way this can end is bad

at times like this i wish i wasent so white

if it erupts bad it will be a race war just like rodny king only further dividing us

all part of the plan right put a wedge in the population

caz only hope im wrong and this is seen as a wedge between the people and the goverment paied enforcers

but i doubt it

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: flyandi

I think they are about to scare one too many whites. It's sad because there are some good people from all races and creeds. I feel like the black community needs a man like Martin Luther King today. They need to put a stop to the rioting and get down to the brass tacks of it all. The entitled and victim mentality cannot last forever. I would love for a person to be seen for the contents of their character and not the color of their skin. The rioters are showing a lack of character. The peaceful people there (even though they side with a thug) shouldn't be subjected to what's coming.

This powder keg is about to blow wide open. Nation wide.

I have one of those ferguson nation plannned responses a few miles down the road when the verdict is read. I sure hope they stay peaceful. Prepared if it isn't!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I was in LA during the Rodney King deal. Here's why I think the black community needs a strong advocate for change. Because of the other bastards who are making things worse. You know who I'm talking about. Al Sharpton, NAACP, and all the rest of the victim feeding brigade. It's entrenched in their culture. They are not going to listen to reason without someone to show them. The government doesn't care period. Not about them or you.

You think maybe generations of poverty might have had a play in what's going on in the state of civil rights? I've lived in Detroit and when the big three took their marbles elsewhere, the city died. The people used to make a living there not only from the big three but the industry that catered to them. It's a cesspool of decadence with only despair in the future. What do you tell 700,000 people? You too can make it! Bull#.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Because of the other bastards who are making things worse. You know who I'm talking about. Al Sharpton, NAACP, and all the rest of the victim feeding brigade. It's entrenched in their culture. They are not going to listen to reason without someone to show them.

well sharpton and jackson do make it worse but the black community loves them.

as far as not listening to reason...

why in the hell should adults, need someone to hold their hand and walk them through it?

im sure there are millions of reasons of why that community needs to be shown though right???

i say its time to take some personal responsibility....
always someone elses fault....

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Because of the years of indoctrination. Because it looks like they need it. Because the alternative is bloody for all sides. I think that about covers it. You can stand up like a man and expect others to do the same but will they? What now?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I've lived in Detroit and when the big three took their marbles elsewhere, the city died. The people used to make a living there not only from the big three but the industry that catered to them. It's a cesspool of decadence with only despair in the future. What do you tell 700,000 people? You too can make it! Bull#.

i only accept this to a certain extent...
there is industry around/near detroit....

i was born in detroit. my dad worked at the woodhaven stamping plant....he got laid off when i was 2...
we didnt float around detroit in poverty.....he packed us up and we moved all the way across the country to florida....he was a machinist down there for the rest of his life.

toledo is not that far from detroit...a very short drive....there is a large manufacturing industry there....jobs to be had.

ive ben in ohio for 20 years....the ford plants around here shut down....the steel mill operates at like 20% of what it used to...
i personally know of a few people that left state and went to kentucky to work at the ford plant there...i guess they chose that over living in poverty here.

you know what a lot of the guys from the mill did when they got laid off? they got other jobs...at the foundry were i worked. the bronze foundry in elyria. the foundry in cleveland....

people do what they have to do....

no matter what people think, there are manufacturing jobs to be had in every state...these are not college degree jobs. these are skilled trades and if youve worked at ford or the mill then you have the skills....

not saying it is an ideal situation. it sucks...not saying it would be easy to uproot your life and move to another city or state to get work but you do what you have to ......

i dont see that much anymore....people dont do what they have to do....they sit around and bitch and complain about how nothing is their fault and how the man is stopping them.

there comes a time when people need to take responsibility for themselves.....

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How is it that all of these threads just kind of devolve into racist crap.

Like.. almost every time.

Come on, guys.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
something else gets me...
look at all the immigrants that came here in pretty much built this country...
from all places...
the irish. the italians...jewish...the chinese
they crossed the world on steamships...left their country to go to a land where they didnt even speak the language...they dug in and did what they had to do and built a life.....it wasnt easy. they faced discrimination....they did what they had to do....

now, in 2014, people cant leave 1 city for another?

they cant take I-75 south 25 minutes into toledo and apply for work?

they cant jump on monster or another of the million sites and look for work in any state?

i used to think about moving a lot...i would toss resume's out there just to see.

i got calls from upstate new york, minnesota, missouri....all from the comfort of my living room....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join