It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Going to guess the Ferguson Grand Jury verdict will be released tomorrow Nov. 19th since it's the 151st anniversary of the Gettysburg Address.

Call it a hunch.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't expect any acceptable resolution in this particular case. The protest and whatever its outcome has to be in order that future change occur, eventually.

Regardless of the protest mess - there is not many a sole who believe that out of control public servants are not responsible for this chaos.

Lets hope the mass of LEA's are actually there to prevent further carnage and not as a show of support for the dirty murdering pervert.

edit on 11/18/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Brown's parents were in Geneva, where the U.N. Committee Against Torture is hearing testimony this week about U.S. policies.
"It's very important for the family, making a powerful step toward justice," Michael Brown Sr. said at a press conference there. "We need your help. That's why we're here."

It’s also very important to teach your kids respect, not to do drugs, man handle people and rob stores. Also respect and listen to the police if they tell you to do something. You don't have to like the police but you should have enough brains and common sense to do what they say. When you give respect you get respect back. NONE of this would be happening if Michael hadn’t just robbed a store, roughed up the owner, been high and paranoid, but he was. So he attacked Officer Wilson, trying to take his gun, while he was sitting in his car. Were any of the choices Michael made that day good or smart, NO! If I was a cop and someone attacked me and tried to take my gun I sure as hell would defend myself, even if that meant discharging my gun. Because sure as sh*t, if Michael had gotten the gun he would have killed Officer Wilson. Why else do you try to take an officer’s gun? Yet somehow that would have been ok. WTF??? Do you think Darren Wilson woke up that morning thinking, “I’m going to kill me a black kid today for sh*ts and giggles”. So I can mess up my life/family and others forever. HELL NO he didn’t. All choices and actions have consequences, good or bad.

So for the city of Ferguson and other places around the US who don’t like the cops and wish them harm, then the cops should just leave. You hate us, really never wanted us here and defiantly now want us dead, so peace out. This is how you want it, so don’t bother calling if you need us for anything. Destroy yourselves and your cities. Then you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
Going to guess the Ferguson Grand Jury verdict will be released tomorrow Nov. 19th since it's the 151st anniversary of the Gettysburg Address.

Call it a hunch.

Oh the *irony*

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You don't have to like the police but you should have enough brains and common sense to do what they say. When you give respect you get respect back.

You really should check more of the issues concerning the police of today.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I live with a Deputy Sheriff. I know what they deal with everyday and how it affects their lives. Try learning the other side before making a judgement.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZenTam
a reply to: roadgravel

I live with a Deputy Sheriff. I know what they deal with everyday and how it affects their lives. Try learning the other side before making a judgement.

I'd say shooting people in the back, shot for holding keys, slapped for not allowing an unconstitutional search, pistol whipped, etc are some things people have learned about police. Blanket support of all police is a problem.
edit on 11/18/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

You don't have to like the police but you should have enough brains and common sense to do what they say. When you give respect you get respect back.

You really should check more of the issues concerning the police of today.

A good comment from another blog.

"There are about 900,000 law enforcement officers in the U.S. who make about 12 to 14 million arrests each year, according to the FBI. There has been one Line of Duty death of a police officer every 56 hours so far this year.
There are at least twice as many people who are stuck and killed by lighting each year as are ‘brutalized’ by rogue police officers.
When you put the facts on the table, they do not support a nation of corrupt law enforcement officers, quite the contrary.
Are there bad police officers? Yes. When they are uncovered, they are routed out. Why would you believe any demographic; business men and women, lawyers, mechanics, journalists, politicians, etc. have somehow better or more ethical people is beyond me.
Don’t forget who is behind the effort to smear police. It’s the same people who want us to fight among ourselves. Divide and conquer.
We talk about ROL and WROL (without rule of law). Without law enforcement working 24/7 in less than a week we would be facing a crisis worse than the Zombie Apocalypse, or whatever scenario works for you.
For all the lip service given to how bad police are, I notice nobody advocating that we get rid of them all.
Police are a lot like fire trucks. When you need them you need them right away. I would suggest you educate yourself more about what police do and how they do it before jumping on the ‘all cops are bad’ bandwagon. You can’t do that by searching for bad cop videos on the Internet".

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: jaynkeel

Really? I smell a bunch of thugs using any excuse they can to riot and loot which has lead the government to do whatever they can to stop these thug criminals because it's getting out of hand.

"Never let a good tragedy go to waste" they say. And what better reason to loot then supposed racism? Just like that guy in Katrina that looted cases of beer because "survivalism". Yeah... Right.

You, and anyone else that thinks this way, need to read history.

What was the Boston Tea Party? A bunch of thugs looting and destroying property. Worse, some dressed as Natives to do it. ...but now you look on it as a source of national pride.

And why did they do it? Over a tax, yes a TAX. The people of Ferguson, MO are tired of being treated like s#!t and they are standing up to it.

Do you think the Rodney King riots were simply about one man? This isn't solely about Mike Brown. Mike Brown is the straw that broke the camels back.

History repeats itself, and with good reason. Be ready for what's coming, because you can't stop the cycle.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is what they are saying... "Its ok for us to kill each other but don't you dare shoot a thug that just committed strong armed robbery and assaulted a cop. Don't you dare defend yourselves."

Its like we owe them a living and if they wish we owe them our lives. How very civilized of them. I say hogwash. If you live there, you had better arm yourself and be ready for anything. They are actually saying this is a white power structure problem and white people need to be afraid and are actually threatening to kill white people over this.

These people are racist uncivilized animals.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

You, and anyone else that thinks this way, need to read history.

What was the Boston Tea Party? A bunch of thugs looting and destroying property. Worse, some dressed as Natives to do it. ...but now you look on it as a source of national pride.

No offence but that is a really bad comparison. The Sons of Liberty were NOT thugs, they were organized responsible men who very careful to not damage anyone or any personal property aside from the tea, and the lock that held it. The tea was chosen for very specific reasons.

What is happening in Ferguson, totally different scenario. It just happens that there are a lot of people in the country who are unhappy with the government and the cards they have been dealt though the past 10 years of economic crisis so this has become the focal point for anger. A place to put rage.
Seeing how far the government is willing to go, brings in people who could care less about the guy who got shot but want to see an end to our governments excessive/obsessive reach.
It has brought in groups of people who are tired of people thinking they can do whatever they want and not have any consequences to battle groups of people who take what they want and don't want anyone to stop them.
They have created an enormous wildfire from a that little fiery piece of hay that broke the camels back.

Not a comparison to the Sons of Liberty at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Have you ever read the New Black Panther Party's philosophy? Scary. They are there in Ferguson and they are stirring the violent racial pot. They are not the same people as the old Black Panthers. And you can bet your bottom dollar that the current AG, Eric Holder, will not do a damn thing about them and their inciting riots and mayhem. Sometimes I think certain people in close association with this administration want and need an excuse to put the next nail in the coffin of our republic.

Hopefully, our black law-abiding citizens will prevail over the ones that are drawn to the hateful thug mentality of this hate-mongering group that have an agenda of their own. Most blacks I know are disgusted by these people and want the rule of law to prevail and justice be done for either Brown or Wilson, however the clear evidence reveals.

(Guard your 2A as if it were gold, folks.)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Do we know when they will make an official announcement?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

No exact time is known. They are expecting it soon. Some news sources said this past Monday but it did not happen. However the jury has until January to decide, or so I read on CNN.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

Even the U.N. thinks the whole episode is a waste.

"A UN official lambasted the “entitlement” of the parents of slain Ferguson, Mo. teen Mike Brown after they addressed the United Nations Committee Against Torture. On November 12, 2014, the National Report published an article titled “UN Dismisses Michael Brown case.”

"My colleagues and I went over the surveillance footage, as well as other evidence documented in the case, and we believe that Michael Brown is indeed guilty of the acts of which he is being charged.”
www.sodahead.com...

(post by Greven removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Poppycock. Sorry for the profanity, but there were 100 LEO deaths last year according to their own memorial fund website. That's significantly more than one every 56 hours (1 every 56 hours would be like 156 a year). Now, just that they died doesnt make them a hero, or even mean they were doing something remotely heroic. I remember a news story some years back about a drunk police officer falling off a boat dock and drowning and the news was literally calling him a "Fallen hero". I call bs. Just because they die doesnt make them something great, we all die.

I know getting rid of things that have been a part of our lives forever is hard to think of, but in order to move forward some things must be left in the past where they belong.

Deleted part of my post. Inflammatory.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: murch

I blame the corrupt legal system on today's problems. Instead of having a justice system that uses common sense and facts to base decisions, we use previous rulings which can cloud the current case at hand. If you kill someone intentionally, justice should be served. If you are innocent, you should not be found guilty because a group of people are deciding your fate. Facts should be facts. Common sense should also be used. We have over complicated simple things making a mess of everything. Just pisses me off.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Justice for Mike Brown target list

What most of this list has to do with anything relating to this case is beyond me. It includes Boeing, Anheuser Busch, hospitals, churches, law firms, politicians, and much more.

originally posted by: Auricom
Are they serious? Take a look at the list, Hospitals (Jewish and children's hospitals?!)... I mean, what does any of these organizations to do with their little criminal that got shot? Nothing! They're just tossing a bunch of random names about in hopes of keeping their little looting spree going.

Disgusting.

originally posted by: scattergun
Target list! These people are truly stupid! I would just love to see the protesters hit the Art Gallery....lol However they will really get into a jam if they raise any crap at the Barnes Jewish Center... This TARGET LIST will do nothing but fill body bags.

So... all of you just took at face value a story from a website that has an obvious bias. Fantastic job, ATS members.

Perhaps if you had bothered to follow the link on that biased website, you would see this:

Here is a map of possible protest spaces. Remember, we actively advocate and profess the importance of peaceful protest. We do not support, condone, or encourage violence.

If you follow that link, you get a map of places - both for protest and for safety. The churches are listed as safe spaces, for example. The hospitals are not on the map - perhaps they were at one point, but given the mischaracterization by The Gateway Pundit that the churches were targets... it's more likely that the hospitals were in case of injuries by the protestors.

I would expect more from ATS members than to blindly believe a website like that.

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: scattergun

Did you notice at the bottom that they said rioting and looting are the only reason they've gotten as far as they have?

Did you click on the link for the source of that quote?

Oh, it's broken. Shocker. The person who wrote that article couldn't even link properly. This is the actual link, wherein:

"We've decided not to wait for that decision. We've decided to get started," said Rockit Ali, a 22-year-old organizer of Sunday's demonstration, who marched in a Spider-Man mask.

While Sunday's event had been planned as a nonviolent action, Ali said that violence could not be ruled out if the grand jury finds Wilson without fault.

"Rioting and looting are the tools of those without a voice. The rioting and looting, while I didn’t participate in it, was necessary. Without it we would not be standing here today," Ali said. "There is no revolution without violence."

So, some random protestor is quoted as not having participated in violence, but feeling it was necessary.

That must be a widespread opinion worthy of quoting as attributed to the Ferguson protestors professing violence as a whole, huh?
edit on 13Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:21:37 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

the word thug is not racist my friend...
the people that are rioting in the street and looting and busting up shops are in fact thugs

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join