It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Greven

the word thug is not racist my friend...
the people that are rioting in the street and looting and busting up shops are in fact thugs

Uh-huh.

Keep believing that.

By the way, since you seem to not have a clue as to what went down during the unrest in August, the protestors and the police were across town from the small group of people who engaged in thuggery.

The police didn't bother to respond to that. They were too busy gassing the relatively peaceful protestors and reporters, oh and threatening to shoot people and such.

But do go on how those protestors were actually rioting. Please cite how many businesses were looted and burned to back yourself up.
edit on 13Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:27:33 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
a reply to: UnBreakable

Poppycock. Sorry for the profanity, but there were 100 LEO deaths last year according to their own memorial fund website. That's significantly more than one every 56 hours (1 every 56 hours would be like 156 a year). Now, just that they died doesnt make them a hero, or even mean they were doing something remotely heroic. I remember a news story some years back about a drunk police officer falling off a boat dock and drowning and the news was literally calling him a "Fallen hero". I call bs. Just because they die doesnt make them something great, we all die.

I know getting rid of things that have been a part of our lives forever is hard to think of, but in order to move forward some things must be left in the past where they belong.

Deleted part of my post. Inflammatory.

That person was using bad stats. It's actually every 58 hours averaged over the past 10 years. True, just because they died didn't make them a hero, just like Micael Brown was far from being a hero.

"A Cop Is Killed Every 58 Hours
Law-enforcement officers across the country risk their lives every day".

"Are there bad cops? Yes. Does the police state go overboard sometimes? Yes. Do the demagogues decrying systemic racism and braying about “assassinations” know what happened when teenager Mike Brown was tragically shot and killed last week? No".

"The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF) reports that a total of 1,501 law-enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past ten years, an average of one death every 58 hours, or 150 per year. These include local and state police officers, federal officers, correctional officers, and military law-enforcement officers".
www.nationalreview.com...#!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Uh-huh.

Keep believing that.
i will. dont worry about that

By the way, since you seem to not have a clue as to what went down during the unrest in August, the protestors and the police were across town from the small group of people who engaged in thuggery.
so you can use the term thug(variation of) and its fine but when i do its racist?

The police didn't bother to respond to that. They were too busy gassing the relatively peaceful protestors and reporters, oh and threatening to shoot people and such.
relatively peaceful?? so others were what, relatively not peaceful

But do go on how those protestors were actually rioting. Please cite how many businesses were looted and burned to back yourself up.

i will go on. i was not talking about every single person there.
there was rioting. there was looting. there were windows busted out of shops.
you know this....there have been plenty of threads on it since it happened

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Seriously ? There's a poor sap who had his gas-station ripped apart ; And the Missouri Lottery is holding HIM accountable for over $30K worth of lottery tickets stolen, that his insurance won't pay for... The gas-station they burnt to the ground, the owner of that one also in the same boat with the Missouri lottery... There was no looting and damaging really ?

So far there are no estimates of the economic hit to the suburban community, but the St. Louis Business Journal reports that more than 30 businesses have suffered damage, including broken windows and stolen goods, since rioting began in the days after the Aug. 9 shooting.

www.washingtontimes.com...

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – At least a dozen businesses in north St. Louis County were looted Sunday following a peaceful vigil.....

By 10pm, St. Louis County Police had called for more assistance from all surrounding municipalities including St. Louis City and the Missouri Highway Patrol.

The QuikTrip convenience mart on West Florissant was looted and set on fire.

fox2now.com...

Not all north county business owners had the luxury of taking such a philosophical approach to the chaos. At the other end of the same strip mall that houses Gutierrez and Weinstein's business, 53-year-old Silas Chung arrived at his women's clothing store, Up N Up Fashion, to find a pane of glass shattered and a mannequin lying on its back in the parking lot.

Inside the store, racks of newly stocked clothing had been stripped bare. Chung has endured a couple burglaries in the past nine years of running the store, but nothing comparable.

"They never break in like this before, so big like this," he said.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit
Rather poor formatting, you should proofread.

It's all in how you say things. I said a small group of people were engaged in thuggery - which is violent behavior. You know, when a single store was burned down, and a few other places were broken into and some looted. That's violent behavior, the term fits. People calling a whole community 'thugs' is so far beyond the pale that it crosses into usage of it as a substitute N-word, which has happened rather frequently in recent history. If you do not understand and see this, you need to do some serious introspection

You clearly don't know what actually happened, so you think 'relatively peaceful protestors' buys you wiggle room into 'violent protestors.' It does not. I watched this stuff happen live and closely followed the unrest in the days following Brown's death. You clearly did not.

Yes, do go on. With citations, as requested. Handwaving and alluding to 'plenty of threads' is not that, and is quite frankly pathetic.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Rather poor formatting, you should proofread.
nope. deal with it

You clearly don't know what actually happened, so you think 'relatively peaceful protestors' buys you wiggle room into 'violent protestors.' It does not. I watched this stuff happen live and closely followed the unrest in the days following Brown's death. You clearly did not.
i know what happened...i know a criminal was shot by a cop. i know after that PEOPLE rioted. PEOPLE looted. PEOPLE set fires and busted windows out...that did happen my friend

Yes, do go on. With citations, as requested. Handwaving and alluding to 'plenty of threads' is not that, and is quite frankly pathetic.

i watched it on the news but i dont know what happened. you watched it on the news and youre the authority on the matter.
im not going to cite anything...you watched the coverage so you already know.
it has been all over the news and these forums.
search google....or dont, i really dont care.

does not matter how you word stuff. the things i and others mentioned did happen.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
Seriously ? There's a poor sap who had his gas-station ripped apart ; And the Missouri Lottery is holding HIM accountable for over $30K worth of lottery tickets stolen, that his insurance won't pay for... The gas-station they burnt to the ground, the owner of that one also in the same boat with the Missouri lottery... There was no looting and damaging really ?

I didn't say there wasn't any looting and I cannot fathom how you arrived at that conclusion. My point is simply that people are conflating things. The protestors and the cops who were shooting tear gas at the protestors were not anywhere near the looting that took place. The cops wouldn't even respond to most of it, the cowards were too busy pointing guns at a diverse crowd of protestors or in one case threatening to shoot them with a real gun (thankfully, that moron got canned).

Oh, and The Washington Times is not a valid source for anything. I have to say this again and again on ATS, but The Washington Times is literally propaganda that cannot even make it into the black, subsisting only by the church that created (because the church founder was mad at the Washington Post) and funds it. Funny, since it's a conservative-biased publication, that it can't turn a profit. Nothing it writes can be taken seriously.

From that same fox2 article, you get this:

“I just want everyone to know and understand that the stealing and breaking in stores is not what Mike would want, it is very upsetting to me and my family. Our family didn’t ask for this but for justice and peace…. Please let my family grieve in Peace in stop the violence in the street tonight, we don’t want this happening when we protest for justice for my cousin Mike Brown, please get this message out to the people that the Mike Brown family do not want this.”

Yet, people conflate the looting with the protestors, combining the two groups into a whole to justify riot and police violence.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

nice play.
you ask for sources and when you get one, its not good enough.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It is difficult to parse when you embed your responses into my quotes. It is pretty simple to respond point-by-point (as I am) or to divide quotes and respond to them individually. You are deviating from all accepted standards of discussion.

A criminal is one who has been convicted of a crime. Michael Brown, Jr. never got the chance to go on trial for anything. Clearly your understanding of the matter is off by your own admission. Riots involve both vandalism and the destruction of property - things the protestors were not really doing, while the small group of looters were. Characterizing the protestors as rioters is character assassination at best - and flat out racism at worst.

Nice assumptions. I don't watch the news. The news spins things. This spin appears to have worked on you. I read and discussed with people who were there. I watched numerous live feeds at the time. The protestors weren't rioting, stop saying that they were.

nice play.
you ask for sources and when you get one, its not good enough.

I ask you for sources and get none.

The Washington Times is crap, utter trite garbage, and not reliable to any extent. It has proven so in the past and continues to prove so.

If you'd like to discuss a less crap source, here's one:

A burned QuikTrip store has come to symbolize the unrest in Ferguson, but most of the damage here is not that bad, says Denny Coleman, CEO of St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. "Our staff have done a windshield survey of the area that's been impacted," he says. "A little less than 100 companies got some form of vandalism, but it's a huge range, from a window panel kicked in, to the QuikTrip.

"'Most of the damage was relatively minor," he says. "You had some windows kicked in, some doors that were busted open. But from a windshield survey only, the damage is not enormous. Nor is it comprehensive. You drive through the area and you have a store that's been impacted here, and four or five others that are untouched."
Antonio Henley, owner of the Prime Time Beauty and Barber Shop on West Florissant Avenue, says his business is down "at least 70%." He says he's lost four hours of business each day as police closed the street ahead of protests. "And the police are out here harassing my customers," Henley says.

edit on 14Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:22:49 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It's pretty clear that it is you who doesn't have a clue about what occurred there. The fact of the matter is that you're spreading lies and disinformation, and it is time for you to be exposed. Not sure what your motive is, but it's clear your intentions are to mislead.

Either you intentionally ignore reality, or you do not possess the ability to comprehend it. It amazes me how some of you just assume that you're going to come on in here with your nonsense and not be called out for it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It is difficult to parse when you embed your responses into my quotes. It is pretty simple to respond point-by-point (as I am) or to divide quotes and respond to them individually.
when i want to respond to multiple things this is how i do it...live with it

A criminal is one who has been convicted of a crime. Michael Brown, Jr. never got the chance to go on trial for anything.

a criminal is a person who commits a crime.
we all have seen the video footage of brown committing a crime so yeah, he was a criminal

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A burned QuikTrip store has come to symbolize the unrest in Ferguson, but most of the damage here is not that bad, says Denny Coleman, CEO of St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. "Our staff have done a windshield survey of the area that's been impacted," he says. "A little less than 100 companies got some form of vandalism, but it's a huge range, from a window panel kicked in, to the QuikTrip.

"'Most of the damage was relatively minor," he says. "You had some windows kicked in, some doors that were busted open. But from a windshield survey only, the damage is not enormous. Nor is it comprehensive. You drive through the area and you have a store that's been impacted here, and four or five others that are untouched."
Antonio Henley, owner of the Prime Time Beauty and Barber Shop on West Florissant Avenue, says his business is down "at least 70%." He says he's lost four hours of business each day as police closed the street ahead of protests. "And the police are out here harassing my customers," Henley says

hahahahahaha
thanks for that...

i guess its fine...there was damage but it was 'not that bad'

ahahahahahah
edit on 19-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's comforting to find out from those 'in the know' that there are no corrupt, law or constitution breaking police officers. This explains why they never speak out against any officers found to be involved in wrong doing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

if youre talking about me youre wrong. i speak out against police action all the time...
its a pretty rare thing for me to side with the cops in a discussion.
im not fan of the police in general. as a rule i try to avoid them and do not call on them ever.
if you want your head cracked open, pretty quick way to get it done is to call the cops.

thats my opinion.
for the most part i think they are out of control.

really i am not even trying to say that wilson did not over react. he very well may have.

what i dont like is people trying to pain brown as mr innocent. i also dont like when people try to make it seem like ferguson is one big city full of lawful, abiding people that want to simply carry on a non violent, legit protest.

thats what i have issues with

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
It's pretty clear that it is you who doesn't have a clue about what occurred there. The fact of the matter is that you're spreading lies and disinformation, and it is time for you to be exposed. Not sure what your motive is, but it's clear your intentions are to mislead.

Either you intentionally ignore reality, or you do not possess the ability to comprehend it. It amazes me how some of you just assume that you're going to come on in here with your nonsense and not be called out for it. ~$heopleNation

What a laughable retort. Go look at some of the threads actually covering the unrest, such as in Posse Comitatus. You'll see me right there with others posting about what was going on, at the time. This thread and this thread ended up being used for a lot of the real-time coverage. People coming in later with malformed opinions based on preconceived notions and biased websites are sad excuses for ATS members.

Instead, we see repetitions of what already happened there, here. Remember, cops called protestors animals, said protestors should be put down like rabid dogs, threatened journalists with guns, and even 'lost' a bullet taken from the head of a woman shot and injured - all in relation to Ferguson.

Even much of that clip was known months ago. You miss things like the protestors going and stomping out the scant few 'molotov' fires - that doesn't get reported. People chastising them - in that very clip you linked. Even here, you want to lump them with the protestors - the people who live there and have no reason to do that.

That is what I take issue with, as members in this thread are quite willing to group every single person in Ferguson into one group of "thugs."

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a criminal is a person who commits a crime.
we all have seen the video footage of brown committing a crime so yeah, he was a criminal

He does not fit the definition of criminal. Stop this nonsense. You can point to the video all you like - he was never convicted of a crime, so he was not a criminal. The end.

Be precise in your words. I wouldn't call you 'evil' just because I disagree with your opinion.

hahahahahaha
thanks for that...

i guess its fine...there was damage but it was 'not that bad'

ahahahahahah

Ever wonder why they kept repeatedly showing the one burned structure all over the place?

To promote the angle they wished you to see. To shape your opinions. To form your beliefs.

Suddenly, people think it's like Baghdad or Syria - and it just never was.
edit on 20Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:38:37 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

stop playing around.
a person who commits a crime is a criminal..
did you not see the video of him committing a crime?
had he lived, he would have been brought up on criminal charges in criminal court...not civil court.

youre being obtuse and you know it

youre trying to minimize the crime going on during the 'protests' and your own source mentioned 'a little less than 100' companies that had damage to them...

100 companies with busted up # is a lot dude.....

later

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That is what I take issue with, as members in this thread are quite willing to group every single person in Ferguson into one group of "thugs."

No actually all you can do is deflect and ignore reality because like I said before, you do not possess the ability to comprehend it. I have watched your reactions in this thread, and you just continue to run in circles even after the truth is presented to you, then you change the subject like a good little spin doctor robot.

In case you have not noticed yet, nobody here is falling for your comedy hour. You behave like a paid yes man who is trying to instigate racial tension by spreading lies. Repeat your merry go round all you like, it doesn't change the truth. You may as well just get off the stage cause everyone is laughing at you at this point.

Listen, here are the facts. You lied about the Police not confronting the violent protestors. You lied about the police only being around the peaceful protestors, and you lied about the fact that there are more than just peaceful protestors, because there were clearly thugs throwing cocktails and firing their guns at Law Enforcement.

You also don't seem to comprehend the difference between peaceful protesting, from violent, mindless, thuggish behavior where businesses and properties are destroyed, and innocent victims are attacked. I can post the you tube video where your beloved protestors attacked members of the media if you like? Let me know.

~$heopleNation
edit on 19-11-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What we know of the video is that:
A) Brown was barely 18, only just able to buy tobacco, and had an expired driver's permit.
B) The clerk gave Brown tobacco, which he passed to Johnson.
C) Some sort of altercation at the counter happened, which we still don't really know.
D) Brown dropped a box, picked it up, hesitated, and began towards the door as Johnson put what he was given back.
E) A clerk ran around the counter and attempted to physically prevent Brown from leaving, reaching for the door lock.
F) Brown pushed him aside and intimidated him as words were exchanged.

That's what happened in the video. Go watch it again if you feel that doesn't paint the full picture, and refresh your memory. It was painted as a "STRONG ARM robbery" - because that needs emphasis now, apparently, when the distinction was seemingly rarely used outside of legal proceedings prior to Brown's death. The store employees didn't call the cops, but a bystander did. They were reportedly surprised when police came and took their footage.

Since there was never a trial and the case was exceptionally closed (something they do when the suspect is dead; Brown was dead, but Johnson - the other suspect - is still alive), do we even know more about what happened at the store than that? I haven't seen anything further. The release of the video and the stills used - in conjunction with the terminology referenced - was all deliberately put forth to shape a narrative.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
No actually all you can do is deflect and ignore reality because like I said before, you do not possess the ability to comprehend it. I have watched your reactions in this thread, and you just continue to run in circles even after the truth is presented to you, then you change the subject like a good little spin doctor robot.

In case you have not noticed yet, nobody here is falling for your comedy hour. You behave like a paid yes man who is trying to instigate racial tension by spreading lies. Repeat your merry go round all you like, it doesn't change the truth. You may as well just get off the stage cause everyone is laughing at you at this point.

Listen, here are the facts. You lied about the Police not confronting the violent protestors. You lied about the police only being around the peaceful protestors, and you lied about the fact that there are more than just peaceful protestors, because there were clearly thugs throwing cocktails and firing their guns at Law Enforcement.

You also don't seem to comprehend the difference between peaceful protesting, from violent, mindless, thuggish behavior where businesses and properties are destroyed, and innocent victims are attacked. I can post the you tube video where your beloved protestors attacked members of the media if you like? Let me know.

People throwing molotovs weren't the protestors - the local representatives, the pastors, the mothers and children, ect. They were people inciting violence. They weren't protesting crap. Read the threads as they transpired before accusing me of lying.

That's the distinction - members commenting in this thread repeatedly group the vandals and looters with the protestors. You really like to accuse people not comprehending things, it's quaint. Why don't you just come out and insult me, like you know... breaking the rule saying not to liken other members to paid shills? You do realize you broke that rule just now, yeah?

I realize that it's a psychological thing to want to group everything into easily categorized groups, but you should strive to be better than this. It's probably a futile effort, though. There is a reason I haven't really visited the site in the last couple of months since the shooting.
edit on 21Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:48:16 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join