It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
video begins with the interruption of what was up until that point; a presumably peaceful protest?
i'll admit i watched to see if alot of feet sported the same brand of boot...

where was it that the "thugs" all wore the same boots?

Where was it that they didn't? See how that works? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I further order that the Unified Command may exercise operational authority in such other jurisdictions it deems necessary.....

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
looks like it might be starting

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Police officers arrested at least three demonstrators Thursday evening after a protest temporarily blocked traffic.

After warning protesters to clear the road, officers with shields, batons and helmets advanced on the crowd and arrested two women and one man. It wasn't clear why the three were selected for arrest. One of the women was tackled and several officers piled on top of her as other officers blocked the view of onlookers.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Isn't it great that we live in a country where they have to make an announement (Fri) 48 hours in advance about making an announcement (Sun) that may cause some people to act like animals and loot and burn? And Darren Wilson is negotiating his resignation to try to quell the violence. But those that don't care about the GJ decision will riot anyway.

"Ferguson’s Darren Wilson in talks to turn in his police badge"

"Officer Wilson still maintains he’s done nothing wrong, but he has said privately to friends that he would consider resigning in order to pave the path for peace in his community, CNN said".
www.washingtontimes.com...#!#ixzz3Ji9R6mmW

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If they try to make him guilty to keep the peace, or make him turn in his badge to keep the peace, I would think that would severely damage moral among cops across the nation. If they can not protect themselves, how many will walk?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: mrsdudara
If he did nothing wrong then he shouldn't have to quit to keep the peace. That's just bullying and mob rule. It would be a miscarriage of justice. And yes, the cops would then have their hands tied and they wouldn't be able to protect themselves in future situations.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Twitter is such a mess this morning. Racial bantering on both sides. Blacks promising to kill every white and KKK wanting to do the same. All while black teenagers in school are asking for peace so they can graduate, a little 7 year old girl wanting to come play her violin for them to calm them down (Mom should be smacked if she puts her little girl in the middle of all this). Churches telling people to gather inside to stay safe while asking the cops to stay away... hope the haters don't see that as an opportunity. The father of the man who got shot is asking for peace... too little too late I'm afraid.

I honestly do not know why hell is waiting for the grand jury decision to break loose when it doesn't matter what the verdict is.

Hope it's over soon. Just seems like this is the start to something unstoppable.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

Hope it's over soon. Just seems like this is the start to something unstoppable.

it always seems like it is an unstoppable force. then eventually one side gets tired and everything calms down..
then another incident happens and it starts back up again.

i live in a pretty racially diverse county and i have not seen or heard anything to indicate that something is going to pop off here.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"Can we all get along"? - Rodney King during LA riots 1992

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Get ready folks. News conference being prepared for release of verdict. Just popped up on reuters feed.

Reuters Top News @Reuters
BREAKING: St. Louis county prosecutor says preparing news conference to announce decision of grand jury in Michael Brown shooting.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
maybe jumped too soon follow up tweet as follows

Reuters Top News @Reuters
St. Louis County prosecutor says grand jury still in session, date, time and location of press conference not determined.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, as one of the MODs on ATS could attest to, (student there) there were 'meetings' called at MSU (several hours away from Ferguson) to discuss this topic and try and quell any potential violent outbreaks after the verdict. This more than worries me as I have a child in college who could be at risk should this thing blow up and rage into an all out social disruption and citizen warfare situation.

I cant figure out why they do not just come out with the verdict? Do they wait until "after" Blackfriday or get this done and over with before the Thanksgiving Holiday? How long do they plan to pay for security forces and NG to sit around and wait it out?

Regardless of the outcome, the citizens, business owners and community deserve to get back to normal and that will not happen until either this diffuses on its own because the verdict appeases the rioters or they are all shot to death by the security forces if the verdict is in favor of the officer.

Now that a state of emergency has been declared, the business owners could apply for lost income right? The town will never begin to pick up the pieces if they dont just get on with it. So is there more $$$ to be made in the town if they drag this out or if they do what has to be done based on the verdict?

This is a total mess. Just do it, whatever it turns out to be. If I were there i would watch for the provocateurs to start disappearing...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All the kids get out of school for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, wonder if they will wait until then? Rumors have it that it would be today between 5-6 Pm which is anytime now, or Sunday if not Wednesday after schools let out.

Wheuuu! Whiplash trying to figure out when this is going to happen and why they dont just get on with it.

Amnesty is over, that was pushed up to yesterday so it would not coincide with this announcement, but??????????

Crazy!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Announcement will be made 11:00 CST tonight.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder why so late? I was watching a live
feed last night (Furgeson), 27 officers & 17 protesters & the media
probably was the same amount as protesters.

The police were taunting the protesters, one teenager
was arrested & maybe another person. One policeman
was going to get a complaint for harassing a media camera
person...& he did harass him as I did see it for myself.

I was very surprised to see the police agitating the crowd.
It's like they really hope things go REALLY wrong. So sad.
So Sad.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 21112014 by Ektar because: needed location

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I just heard they (grand jury) made a decision and will make the announcement on Sunday. Did they change their mind? Or is that a false report? Do you know?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Office Dean had a camera shoved in his face with the lights from it blinding him, so he was right to push the camera away. Also it wasn't official press, they invaded his space and he was trying to make an arrest!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KonigKaos

Did you see what happened? Officer Dean did NOT have
a camera shoved into his face & NO lights were NOT blinding him.
No the press did NOT invade his space & NO he was not the arresting
officer.

Officer Dean had been taunting the protesters all night & the
police even took him off the front of the line due to this...
then some how officer Dean made his way back to the front
again after the police all of a sudden rushed through the protesters
for no reason that I am aware of & arrested 2 people & one was a
minor female.

After that is when officer Dean got in the camera man's face
& was trying to block any filming of the arrest & even grabbed
his camera...& etc. Later another cop tried to cover for his
buddy saying the camera light was way to bright...it was a just
a bloody cell phone.

Yes Officer Dean tried to claim all that but NON of it was true!

Cheers
Ektar

Where are you getting this info from? I watched it all live last night.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Right now things are getting heated up in Furgeson.
The Police have already threatened arrest for protesters
on the side walk....I couldn't catch it all due to so much
street noise. Police mentioned them being in the street
when they were clearly on the sidewalk.

It is going to get ugly...it also appear to be raining.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The protesters have already started taking to
the streets.

Source new.livestream.com...

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>