It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
• Insurance claims from property damage due to Ferguson protests reported to the state totaled $250,000 after the first month of unrest; one prominent local insurance adjuster who processed three claims on West Florissant Avenue estimated damages were no more than $5 million, which included $1 million to $1.5 million for the burned QuikTrip.
• By comparison, damage to property in the 2001 St. Louis hailstorm: $2 billion.
• And the 2012 St. Louis hailstorm: $1.2 billion.
• Another way of looking at it is that the two St. Louis weather events combined caused 640 times as much damage as the unrest after the Brown shooting so far.
• More perspective: In 1992, the damage to property in Los Angeles from riots and some 7,000 fires was about $1 billion.
• Windows broken in St. Louis during protests: 25, according to St. Louis police Chief Sam Dotson.
• The Washington Post described Ferguson as “a burned-out symbol of racial and class divisions in America.”
• Number of buildings destroyed by fire: One.
• Why the disproportionate images of violence in St. Louis?
• 238 journalists receive daily updates from the St. Louis County police spokesman.