It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This video might be a bit touchy feely for some of you. Before you watch I would like to familiarize you with a psychological term coined decades ago.

Cognitive Dissonance: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. When inconsistency (dissonance) is experienced, individuals tend to become psychologically uncomfortable and are motivated to attempt to reduce this dissonance, as well as actively avoiding situations and information which are likely to increase it. Wiki

In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

Now.

I hope you found the video as fascinating as I did and didn't turn it off the instant you felt that sense of dread.

Peace
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

before i clicky clicky, what is the greatest lie ever told?

meaning , give description of said video.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Past two minutes in the video and the guy hasn't said what his topic is.

Blah

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Evolution is the greatest lie ever told. It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or not. Evolution theory is fraudulent science. It has not been proved by any means, does not have any supporting evidence based in real science and is akin to a cult.

Watch the video for more info.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this Tech. And I see you have been around ATS for a while, so I imagine you are prepared for the flack you are going to get for this.
I gave up debating this and most other issues here. I get so frustrated when it always turns into personal attacks, and I have yet to see ANYONE actually change their point of view based on information shown. From either side of the argument.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ya I stopped at the point where the video states that everything on earth is less than 100k years old.
Seems this video has a vendetta against the theory, does it end with the idea of intelligent design?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya I stopped at the point where the video states that everything on earth is less than 100k years old.
Seems this video has a vendetta against the theory, does it end with the idea of intelligent design?

Do you ever stop a wonder if your brain has been tampered by predictive programing?

Is there something stopping you from actually listening to the video with an open mind rather than scoffing it off automatically based on a mere preconception?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What exactly are you denying here? That genetic mutations occur? That such mutations are selected by the environment?

link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Thanks for posting this Tech. And I see you have been around ATS for a while, so I imagine you are prepared for the flack you are going to get for this.
I gave up debating this and most other issues here. I get so frustrated when it always turns into personal attacks, and I have yet to see ANYONE actually change their point of view based on information shown. From either side of the argument.

Don't worry about me I have received plenty of Flak over the years

The truth hurts. You really see something ugly come out in people when they are at war with themselves.

link   

People, especially scientists who claim they follow the scientific method, should stop confusing theories with facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Obviously there's the usual torrent of Richard Dawkin's cult enthusiasts who will belittle the video without even watching it. It's sad but true.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Past two minutes in the video and the guy hasn't said what his topic is.

Blah

He must be suffering from Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would say the greatest lie ever told must be religion is needed or true.

All hail Lord Xenu or insert deity they are pretty much the same and come from mans imagination.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Is there something stopping you from actually listening to the video with an open mind rather than scoffing it off automatically based on a mere preconception?

Ya I don't want to waste my time, I am on the fence of evolution, but going to take some one not using 'facts' like "the earth is less than 100,000 years old" to push me off it.
This video's summary is that the NWO and illuminati are using evolution to further their agenda and tbh I would have to disagree with that point as well.
And I am not going to bang my head against this wall, you ate up the video and that is fine.
But don't come back with some "you're just programmed" nonsense that is close to insulting.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You do know that politics is in a dangerous marriage with the Theory of Evolution, right? Hitler's Eugenics was a direct result of this scientific theory. Blinded by "only the fittest should survive", he attempted to overtake Europe, and killed thousands to "purge" the Earth of those he viewed as less evolved.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I would say the greatest lie ever told must be religion is needed or true.

All hail Lord Xenu or insert deity they are pretty much the same and come from mans imagination.

No. The greatest lie ever told is that Satan and God don't exist. You do realize that it makes no sense for religion to have been created by the elite right?

Why would they blatantly be targeting and demonizing religion if they wanted you to believe it? Why did they stop peasants from being able to read the bible by translating it into Latin?

Why did the protestants revolt after the bible was translated into a language that the common man could understand? Why is the roman catholic church responsible for all of this (As well as the use of religion for world control)

WHY WHY WHY.

You have to realize. When 'They' target something. You want to look at that 'Something' and what it stands for.

What do they target and attempt to distort and pervert?

THE TRUTH.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

No it wasn't.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No. The greatest lie ever told is that Satan and God don't exist. You do realize that it makes no sense for religion to have been created by the elite right?

Are you serious?!

You do realize that religion has been one of the best tools of control over the masses right?
That you need to act this way or listen to this man cause a divine power says so.

edit on thSat, 15 Nov 2014 14:17:12 -0600America/Chicago1120141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Only scientifically illiterate people confuse scientific facts with scientific theories.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You do know hilter has nothing to do with what we are talking about right?
And you are taking his actions a little out of context.
Hate was his driving force, plain and simple.
What ever he used to rationalize that hate is irrelevant, he hated people that he felt were unfit and acted on that hate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join