It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Oh I forgot to add. I didn't post this in the religion forum I posted it in the Science & Technology forum but it got moved twice by moderators.

Not that I'm complaining, it has turned into more of that sort of thread.

it should have been posted in the "Im new to the internet" section because you have clearly been misled in regard to the reliability of Youtube.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Evolution is the greatest lie ever told. It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or not. Evolution theory is fraudulent science. It has not been proved by any means, does not have any supporting evidence based in real science and is akin to a cult.

Watch the video for more info.

Dog Breeding demonstrates evolutionary theory which is visible right here and now. It's not natural evolution but it is evolution in action. That alone is supporting evidence based in real science.

Are you serious?

Dogs are the same species. When any 2 of the same species mate their combined genetics equate to a new 1 of that species. It does not mean a new species has been created. That's what evolution is supposed to be. A new species of animal coming from a different species of animal. Your analogy is more akin to my black father and white mother creating me than it is to the theory of evolution..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Oh I forgot to add. I didn't post this in the religion forum I posted it in the Science & Technology forum but it got moved twice by moderators.

Not that I'm complaining, it has turned into more of that sort of thread.

it should have been posted in the "Im new to the internet" section because you have clearly been misled in regard to the reliability of Youtube.

The reality of YouTube is no different to the reality of ATS. They are both projection platforms that anyone with any agenda can use.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
a reply to: TechUnique
Hey mister, are you a Christian?
If so don't hide it, even if the world is about to end. Always proclaim your Christian fate.

I don't hide it

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well for what it's worth I don't think you're a nasty fellow and I don't think you're stupid either. I do believe you are wrong on some accounts, so we disagree.

Getting back on topic though. I saw the vid you posted, a few months ago while perusing YouTube. I don't recall the entire thing, but do remember some stuff about dinosaurs and ancient/old depictions of them. You may find the video below interesting. Also, that user has some good videos about evolution you may find worth watching. I'm not sure you entirely understand the subject.

There are many good websites that explain evolution in more depth than any YouTube video could of course. I'm only suggesting getting a better understanding of the subject before making your mind up about it.
edit on 11-15-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's what evolution is supposed to be. A new species of animal coming from a different species of animal. Your analogy is more akin to my black father and white mother creating me than it is to the theory of evolution..

Wrong.

Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

You need to educate yourself if you wish to debate evolution. Here is a helpful link to get yourself started.
Welcome to Evolution 101!

The definition
Biological evolution, simply put, is descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution (changes in gene frequency in a population from one generation to the next) and large-scale evolution (the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations). Evolution helps us to understand the history of life.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yes but a platform that is usually highly scrutinized and never used as a end all point of a discussion.

And I see my question got missed perhaps.
Is Christianity the only true religion in your eyes?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes I'm serious. You weren't arguing for evidence of cross species breeding. Your claim was that there is "No evidence for evolution based on science." Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

That was your claim. I showed you Real Scientific Evidence of Evolution. If you disagree then you aren't understanding what all is included within Evolutionary Theory.

BTW, your father and mother creating you with whatever inherited genetic differences you have is also evidence of evolution. Your immune system for example is built from both of theirs giving you a possible survival advantage which they didn't have. Like it or not, that is a very small example evolution.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I dont post often, but i watched this video and had to post a response on Youtube. I'll post the same response here and you guys can tell me what you thing (it's quite long)

TL
R This guy is wrong on many topics and I list a few reasons why.

Ok so here we go. First of all I fully respect your views and you have clearly researched your topic well, HOWEVER you are wrong on a number of points, and I will list them as such.

1. Evolution is a theory, and is widely purported as a theory, not a fact. Since you like to define your terms so much, let’s define scientific theory, I believe this article does a good job www.livescience.com...

2. You claim that we have not observed evolution, and I would like to correct you on this. The proper statement would be that we have not witnessed MACRO-EVOLUTION (as that would take a few million years), but we have proven MICRO-EVOLUTION thanks to the hard work of Richard Lenski and his 30+ year old ongoing experiment with e-coli, the information on which can be found here en.wikipedia.org...

3. At 9:55 you claim that the theory of evolution attempts to provide an explanation on the origin of life. It does not, it never has. It actually attempts to explain the phenomena that occur AFTER life has already been created. Science is still working on the origin of life, and who knows? Maybe we will have an answer one day.

4. Just because there are thousands accounts of something does not make it true. There are thousands of accounts of Bigfoot, Chupicabra, UFOS, ghosts, demons, angels, aliens.... u get the idea. In fact, in 1917, 100,000 people claimed to have watched the sun "dance" in Fatima, Portugal. en.wikipedia.org... does this mean the sun actually danced? Of course not, we would have been flung out of orbit if that were the case (That's assuming you accept the theory of gravity as fact, which it most likely is)

5. Please, PLEASE stop using the 2nd law of thermodynamics as an argument against evolution. Here is the definition simple.wikipedia.org... it DOES NOT conflict with evolution, seriously, check it out.

6. Your list, My God, I actually had to stop watching when you got to this list, honestly I need a sub list just to explain this mess
i:Biogenesis - defined by its inventor Louis Pasteur (the man who discovered antibiotics) as the production of living offspring from living offspring, i.e. all life [is] from life. I don’t see how evolution contradicts this.

ii: Mendels law of genetics - This is simply the observation that offspring share traits with their parents, and I don’t see how evolution contradicts this either.

iii: Spontaneous Generation (which ironically is contradicted by Biogenesis) was a theory purported by Aristotle in ancient Greece that states that creatures just spontaneously appear fully formed. He believed that crocs and alligators came from rotten logs that sank to the bottom of rivers. Come on, you're better than that.

IV: The law of information systems - I don’t even know what to say about this, this set of laws pertain mostly to computers and social groups and in no way are contradictory towards evolution. Here see for yourself en.wikipedia.org...

v: Specified complexity - This is a CONCEPT invented to support intelligent design. It is in no way scientific, seriously I can't even begin to explain the many things that are rationally completely wrong with this concept, and I beg you to look into it. en.wikipedia.org...

VI: Irreducible Complexity - Another CONCEPT put forth by the intelligent design folk. Basically it states that something as complex as an eye, or a nervous system can't have come about by random chance, but must have had a designer, much like a clock does not simply assemble itself. The problem with this concept is that evolution doesn’t state that these things evolve fully formed, but are the result of gradual evolution whereby the function of certain appendages are improved slowly over time. This is evidenced in the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, as explained by Richard Dawkins in this video www.youtube.com...

vii: Statistical Mathematics - What is statistical mathematics and what does it have to do with disproving evolution??? Seriously I don’t get how this can be applied to an argument about evolution, please enlighten me, I beg you.

Viii: Natural Law - This is a system of law that is determined by nature, and so is universal. Classically, natural law refers to the use of reason to analyze human nature — both social and personal — and deduce binding rules of moral behaviour from it. How does this apply to the disproving of evolution, are you just listing random things now??

Viiii: Beneficial Mutation - A beneficial mutation is exactly what it says it is: a mutation in an organism's genome that produces a beneficial effect. Evolution supports this, you are simply contradicting yourself now.

X: Genetic Complexity - The evolution of biological complexity is one important outcome of the process of evolution, and plays a huge role in evolutionary theory. How does it disprove evolution?

Xi: Information Theory - Information theory is a branch of applied mathematics, electrical engineering, and computer science involving the quantification of information. Information theory was developed by Claude E. Shannon to find fundamental limits on signal processing operations such as compressing data and on reliably storing and communicating data. What the hell does this have to do with evolution?

This took me an hour to write, but I felt I had to because you are wilfully propagating falsehoods under the guise of intellectualism and I find this despicable. You have Google, just like the rest of us. Use it.

edit on 15-11-2014 by mortisflash because: Holy wall of text Batman!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mortisflash

Very nice. My only suggestion is that you space it into paragraphs for easy readability. With it all stuck together like that many people will just skip it and after all that effort you don't want that.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's BS really, the vid sets up a situation quite deliberately, where it pretty much says "i'm gonna spin you a load of crap over the next half hour, and you'll get all twitchy at my presentation and misrepresentation of facts and events, but that feeling is actually you being annoyed that i am in fact right, so nehnehnehneh you suck and in my mind i win regardless" Oh dear.

And there is the challenge to keep listening. Always a sign to be wary of.

About 3 mins in he starts on the wrongtiousness.... No scientist believes that evolution is "FACT" as he claims, rather a theory. How can he be so wrong so early?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.[1][2] As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and aim for predictive power and explanatory force.[3][4]

The strength of a scientific theory is related to the diversity of phenomena it can explain, and to its elegance and simplicity (Occam's razor). As additional scientific evidence is gathered, a scientific theory may be rejected or modified if it does not fit the new empirical findings- in such circumstances, a more accurate theory is then desired

Scientific Theory

Because he means to, he's dumbing folk down with his lurid overarching unified conspiracy theory, and he touches on the "God vs Science" thing which is nice nod to part of what he is doing, which is in fact an attack on the sceptical approach to conspiracy theories and wider critical thinking.

I stopped watching at ten mins. Sorry man, but this was really poor.

I read that he bought Nessie into it? Really? Maybe i'll come back tomorrow if i'm in need of a chuckle!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You're right, I'll do that now
Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's commonly acknowledged that the bible is an account of history.

Oh! Commonly acknowledged! That's much better then scientific evidence, right?

Yes it is a belief. One which rings true if you manage to climb out of the rabbit hole.

So, anyone who doesn't agree with you has their head stuck in a rabbit hole, I see.

Evolution has tons of supporting evidence. This thread is pretty silly.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

When I say species I mean one animal evolving into another animal. Are we the same as a monkey? No. We are much different although strikingly similar.

Can a monkey build an Atom bomb?

No. Not even if it was given a billion years.

What you propose does not cater for MONKEY TO MAN evolution. For monkeys to evolve to man it takes more than gradual change over time, a lot more!

You have to understand that scientific language can be written and defined in a way which restricts the ability of true scientific expression. Forbidden science and archeology is fascinating.

The Vatican (here i go again with the Roman church bashing) has pilfered the archeological and scientific community in an attempt to suppress the truth and proliferate lies. This is evident all you need to do is research the Jesuit priests and the Crusaders.

Please don't fall for the propaganda. Although I may not understand the ins and outs of your !theory! does not mean that I am wrong about my belief system. If you genuinely believe in Evolution as factual science then you are in fact acting in precisely the way you think you're not.

Right now you are tangled in a matrix of lies and evil and you want the truth. You don't trust easily because you have been tricked by man. You can trust in God. He created you. He created this Universe.

People are evil. God isn't evil. He sent his only begotten son to die for our sins. Jesus didn't die for no reason. His disciples didn't write the bible for no reason.

And more importantly, Satan isn't trying to deceive you for no reason.

There is a battle for your soul and all the while you subscribe to Atheism or any other twisted religion that is not the one true way to God.. you are losing that battle.

I really don't want you to lose that battle, especially by the time it is too late.

Look around you. Read revelations. It's not hard to see the truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

It's commonly acknowledged that the bible is an account of history.

Oh! Commonly acknowledged! That's much better then scientific evidence, right?

Yes it is a belief. One which rings true if you manage to climb out of the rabbit hole.

So, anyone who doesn't agree with you has their head stuck in a rabbit hole, I see.

Evolution has tons of supporting evidence. This thread is pretty silly.

No. Evolution has tons of suppositions and cases of fraud where evidence has been fabricated in order to fit the ideology. That's what it is, it's an ideology.

Do you know how many genuine scientists and archeologists have been discredited and had smear campaigns against them over disproving the theory of evolution?

Me neither. Because the documentaries that expose this sort of scandal don't make it into the mainstream and the papers or journals that record the evidence don't get peer reviewed by the scientific community.

It's a vicious cycle of abysmal failure.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You can trust in God. He created you. He created this Universe.

Do you ever stop a wonder if your brain has been tampered by predictive programing?

Is there something stopping you from actually listening to people and science with an open mind rather than scoffing it off automatically based on a mere preconception?

Should sound familiar

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

Watched several times. Agree with all of what the video teaches. At one time (years ago) I did believe what the so called science professors were trying to get at but that was when most universities were not secular. As academia became an atheistic conglomerate the evolutionists got a free ride to the top.

Where most prejudiced people go astray is that they believe that to deny evolution is to deny true science. Evolution is not observable or provable or demonstrable and is not true science. Good video.
Thanks TechUuique

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
You need to educate yourself...

What part of the word LIE do you not understand?

As another man without a high school diploma, I discovered many years ago that the "educated" class is generally not educated at all, it is mis-educated. The whole purpose of American (perhaps all "western") "higher education" is obviously to bring minds into lock step with "The Agenda." As a general rule, the less official American education a person has been exposed to, the greater his/her ration of common sense.

"Education" is Spiritual Suicide

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Please don't fall for the propaganda. Although I may not understand the ins and outs of your !theory! does not mean that I am wrong about my belief system.

Unless you believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible (Genesis particularly), the theory of evolution shouldn't conflict with your beliefs. Also, the definition of a scientific theory has been pointed out to you a few times already. Please stop treating it like something other than what it is. Above you admit that you may not fully understand evolution. So why not take some time to research it more? There are many wise people in this thread who have tried helping you understand it more. What does the Bible say? He that judges a matter before he hears it, it is a folly and shame to him. How can you judge the accuracy or lack thereof of evolution unless you actually understand what it claims, and presents as evidence? You shouldn't let any bias you may have prevent you from seeking that information out from an objective standpoint. What if your current view on the subject is wrong? Are you willing to change your opinion on it? Or would you choose willful ignorance?

You are right. There have been frauds in the past. Do you know how those frauds were outed? Science baby!
edit on 11-15-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join