It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Why the USS Donald Cook Crapped It's Pants and was 'gravely demoralized' in the Black Sea

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SMOKINGGUN2012

And now the US is aware of it and can counter it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StopThaZionistWorldOrder
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder

The Russians probably have all types of electrical warfare weapons that the World has not seen.

Agreed, my favorite one is the one they told the Iranians about that allowed them
to hijack one of our most modern drones and land it.

Of course most people don't realize that same thing is in their cell phones, computers, and
alot of other electronics, similar to what the Chinese used to backdoor the entire pentagon.

Firmware backdoor

Proof of concept firmware backdoor

Backdoor into all US networks

So outsourcing has finally born the fruit I warned of many years ago.

Its almost like some folks are planning a take down of the entire US by
simply hijacking the control systems, much like the SCADA system
vulnerabilities in the utilities systems and other systems.

This was made clear by Stuxnet and other state sponsored malware
that has since been hijacked and been reformed in other forms.

Most people do not realize that the US is being betrayed by people
in and out of the US and they plan to get rich off it, John Perkins made that clear.

So as I said to people years ago on here, they need to get ready for what
is going to happen at some point based on events like this.

Some of the officers of the Donald Cook resigned, how many I do not know.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Except the Iranians didn't back and land the RQ-170, which is also not one of our most modern.

The RQ-170 was spoofed and crash landed in the desert as a result.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SMOKINGGUN2012

And now the US is aware of it and can counter it.

Yup. Sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

That's how it works. Once you start using systems, counters are developed. That would be why systems like this aren't used, certainly not like this claim.
edit on 1/30/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It is possible for damage to occur to radio, radar and passive EW equipment from EMP.

But shipboard equipment is protected inside a Faraday cage that is the ships hull.

Navy ships may lose there radar and radios that are connected to antennas but most have backup radios that are not connected till needed.

yes torpedos can be programmed to detonate under the keel of a ship which can do huge damage to even the biggest ships

yes no ship can survive a nuclear tipped torpedo.

These are a lot more dangerous then EMP.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

That's how it works. Once you start using systems, counters are developed. That would be why systems like this aren't used, certainly not like this claim.

Silly argument! Why do you think the air force gives all those free airshows showing off their fancy planes. Stealth was still supposed to be a secret and they were flying them all over to show huge crowds.

- The US might already know about this type weapon - my guess is they did
- The US could already have something similar and they are showing us they have it too
- It might be just one of multiple weapons of this type
- They might be using it in a way to give a false information on the ability and workings
- Using the weapon might not yield enough information about weapon to out weigh the immediate benefits of using it.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

What kind of radar is on those planes? Electronic warfare systems? What frequencies does their RAM work best on? Worst?

Stealth was totally unknown until 1986 and didn't go to an airshow until around the early 1990s. And all the details are still secret.

Watching a plane fly doesn't tell you crap about the important systems on board. They also don't fly around using game changing systems on soft targets.

edit on 1/31/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hi Zaph, How have you been? I also wonder if it could be a case of "We know that you know what we don't want you to know" .... maybe the intel community already knows about this?

A known unknown as Rummy would put it .......

a reply to: Zaphod58

edit on 31-1-2015 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

It could be, but every bit of information I have says that the system named is a self defense EW system. That means low powered, as it's powered by the aircraft systems.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Read "Superiority" by Arthur C. Clarke. Its a short story about a war where one side depended on vastly more advanced technology and was defeated by the other side simply figuring out their vulnerability and overwhelming them with superior numbers. Having the highest tech does NOT mean you will prevail in battle.

Even better read "The high crusade" by Poul Anderson
the underdog is an medieval english town attacked by aliens who have been supreme rulers of the universe for millions of years,the town folk,take out the aliens fly back to the aliens home world and take it over and from there the rest of the universe....

On topic i would not be surprised if Russia has a few aces up her sleeve i guess we will just have to wait and see
edit on 31-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Also if an EMP where to be used and shielding failed we have a ship being sold for scrap metal. You are not going to replace all wiring in the ship. And you would have to the ship become a a big 'parerweight . It would have been towed to port and spent months in dry dock and no way to hideal that.

Its the wire that is shielded, so no the ships wiring is not all going to burn up. Russia is just blowing smoke up someones backside. The Israelis and the U.S. are the leaders in electronic warfare period, end of story. Every time some ludicrous story like this comes out, eventually some pinhead will announce from the Pentagon that this is serious threat Just so they can beg for more money from Congress for a new toy.

If there is ever a war time footing with Russia where tensions are really high, no Russian combat plane acting in a hostile manner IE: (flying fast and low straight at the ship) will ever get within 150 miles of an Aegis Destroyer as it will be shot out of the sky like a duck.

www.navy.mil...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

On topic i would not be surprised if Russia has a few aces up her sleeve i guess we will just have to wait and see

I say about a thousand nuclear weapons is the only ace they need up their sleeve. If we ever get the technology to turn them off so they can not fly, then Russia needs to panic but beyond that and I think they just need to calm down and talk peace, not act tough.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

I say about a thousand nuclear weapons is the only ace they need up their sleeve. If we ever get the technology to turn them off so they can not fly, then Russia needs to panic but beyond that and I think they just need to calm down and talk peace, not act tough.

our entire history is war....in fact i am not sure that the human race is capable of peace.....its just war war war

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

Why does Russia need to panic? It's a stupid situation, we don't want to attack them, we don't want Russia, we build an arsenal of nukes to prevent them using theirs who are building theirs to prevent us using ours.

Russia doesn't want to invade America, it doesn't want Europe (maybe just the former USSR). No one wants a war with Russia and I don't think they want a war with anyone.

The only time we need to panic, is when someone gets it massively wrong.

As far as the topic, first the unreliability of the sources.

But unless Russia has perfected a way of sending a computer virus to the ships main bus via the Aegis, how is it possible? Would a virus need to know the operating system? Remember Independance Day where the uploaded a virus in Aliens (yeah I know it's a movie) how do you write a virus when you don't know the software the Aegis is running?

Don't know much about virus'

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh good grief, this needs to be in the HOAX bin!

I'm retired Navy, and this never happened. The claims by the OP are ridiculous, and the story is false.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I find the whole story to be a load of BS. If Russia did have a device like that. It would be useless during wartime. Airborne radar would detect enemy jet long before it could get close enough to use a device like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And for many counters, there is a counter-counter.

mwrf.com...

The cross-eye jamming requires substantially physically separated transmit antennae. This means aircraft. In a hostile environment, the counter for the Aegis on the destroyer is the air combat wing from the carrier nearby.

Incoming missiles are a threat, but no missile has a 40 foot wing separation to implement this.

The destroyer is the missile launcher and tracking system.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join