It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Why the USS Donald Cook Crapped It's Pants and was 'gravely demoralized' in the Black Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The real story that the MSM covered up with a bogus one is that the Russian plane flew over the US ship in the Black Sea with no weapons except a basket with an electrical weapon; it turned off the entire electrical system of the USS Donald Cook (all-powerful Aegis system) and then the Russian Su-24 proceeded to conduct a simulated missile attack 12 times before flying away...then the traumatized USS Donald Cook immediately left and 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service. No US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again. Apparently the more sophisticated the electrical system, the easier it is for the Russian EMP technology to do it's job.

FULL STORY HERE

& ON INFOWARS TODAY!
www.infowars.com...

abundanthope.net...
edit on 14-11-2014 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder
If true this is a big big deal!

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

+71 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Wow, this one again? The biggest reason that this is crap is that there's no way that Russia would reveal something this shocking against a single ship, when we're not fighting. Revealing this gives the US time to figure out how it happened, and work to correct it from happening again. You NEVER reveal something that changes things as radically as this system supposedly does unless you're engaged in an active shooting war, and you have a high value target in your sights. A single destroyer is nothing.

That and the fact that the best white analysis of this system puts it on par with the self protection systems used on the F-16 and C-130J, which are good, but nowhere near good enough to take down an entire Aegis system.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes, an Su-24 flew past the Donald Cook a number of times, but they would have allowed it to fly away regardless. They used to overfly US ships all the time for decades.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Keep denying it but it makes sense that, "The more a radio-electronic system is complex, the easier it is to disable it through the use of electronic warfare." The Russians are perfecting EMP technology and with our societies reliance on so much electrical equipment no wonder they are hedging their interests with electronic warfare capabilities.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

This?
Deagle

Description: The Russian Air Force Khibiny is an advanced aircraft-mounted electronic warfare (EW) system capable of jamming state-of-the-art air defense radar systems. The Khibiny jamming was tested successfully for some time on the ground in Buryatia, Russian Federation. On April 17, 2014, two Russian Air Force Su-24 bombers with no weapons loaded were sent to intercept the US Navy's AEGIS-equipped destroyer USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea. One of them flied around the destroyer up to 12 times while the other one remained away as done usually by both sides during the Cold War period. Unconfirmed reports suggest that the Su-24s were equipped with the Khibiny EW system and were able to neutralize the AEGIS phased array radar target tracking capabilities while the ship's crew was unable to re-boot the system. It is not clear whether the jammer affected the radar system itself or only the computer-based component or either both at the same time. The Russian Air Force plans call for the installation of the Khibiny jammer on all its advanced jets.

Seems to go back to 2009?
source

Electronic warfare system, the KNIRTI L175M Khibiny-M, is capable of accurate detection of the threats, threat coordinate mapping, and it’s also responsible for jamming signal generation and emmision replication/imitation, via wing-tip carried pods. The system has a separate display in the Su-35BM cockpit. The L175M, together with frontal and back radars and optronic complex is hooked up to “sensory fusion” package. Khibiny can also provide guidance for passive-radiation guided missiles, such as R-27EP and the new long-range type of AAM. Su-35BM also features approx. 150 aerials on it’s airframe. Apart from standard RWR (radar warning receiever), Su-35BM also has laser emission warning system, MAWS (missile approach warning system), and standard chaff / flare dispenser.

edit on 14-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

The Russians probably have all types of electrical warfare weapons that the World has not seen.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And they're dumb enough to use it on a single destroyer, in peacetime, to give us plenty of time to figure out a counter to it. Sure, because the Russians are dumb enough to do that. I mean why wait until there's the chance for a fight, and surprise an entire carrier group, and REALLY scare the hell out of people, when you can waste it on a single destroyer, that by itself is almost a non-entity.

So what you're really saying is that the Russians are stupid, and give away all their secret weapons.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yes. White world analysis put it on par with the AN/ALR-56M as far as self protection goes. The West has a SLIGHT EW advantage, due to the type of chips that they use, that have a higher speed than what the Russians use, but the gap has been significantly narrowed, and they don't have near the advantage that they had 10-15 years ago.
edit on 11/14/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

What makes more sense what the OP is putting forward or what you are putting forward....Hmm. I have to side with common sense and go with you.

No way would Russia be this stupid......No way. I do find it ironic the pro-Russia posters are trying to sell this crap when in reality it hurts the cause. If it is true....... which it is not Russia would have to have the most incompetent leaders in history of warfare.
edit on 14-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
You guys remind me of these GI Joe defense contractors that thinks the US military is invincible. The more sophisticated an electrical system the easier it is to attack it doesn't take an Einstein to figure this out.
Once again, The Russians probably have all types of electrical warfare weapons that the World has not seen or will be prepared for you really think the U.S. can stop electrical warfare attacks? Wow. I love the USSA as much as the next guy but let's be real.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: StopThaZionistWorldOrder
No US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

Why post such nonsense when a simple check would have found
news.usni.org...

Two U.S. Ships in Black Sea, French Surveillance Ship Due Friday

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Then why are they so stupid as to use them on a single destroyer that is no threat whatsoever, and letting people see them, and find ways to counter them, if they're so secret that no one has ever seen them?

Which makes more sense...

1. Use a top secret weapon on a single ship that MIGHT be able to do minor damage to your infrastructure, giving away valuable data on said weapon.

2. Keep said weapon top secret, and wait until you're in a position to use it against an extremely valuable target, such as an entire aircraft carrier battlegroup, and reveal it suddenly taking everyone by surprise.

Now me, I'm going with option 2. Unless you have the most incompetent military leaders EVER, anyone with half a brain is going with option 2.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I dunno how true or false this story is but the days of complete military dominance by America are long gone. I'll probably start a thread tomorrow that points this fact out credibly.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

You guys remind me of these GI Joe defense contractors that thinks the US military is invincible. The more sophisticated an electrical system the easier it is to attack it doesn't take an Einstein to figure this out.
Once again, The Russians probably have all types of electrical warfare weapons that the World has not seen or will be prepared for you really think the U.S. can stop electrical warfare attacks? Wow. I love the USSA as much as the next guy but let's be real.

OK what the heck.......GI Joe contractors.......LOL. Are you guys for real or what. I am anti military industrial complex in both the east and the west. When war is an industry liberty is lost.

So now that you know I am against the military industrial complex how are you going to try and spin it this time?
edit on 14-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Although not impossible I find this hard to believe.
Is there any other sources for this story?

If this was an Emp device it would have destroyed the electronics on the ship.

if it was just a radio jammer like the story says it would not have shut the whole ship down.

what could it be?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

No US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

Why post such nonsense when a simple check would have found
news.usni.org...

Two U.S. Ships in Black Sea, French Surveillance Ship Due Friday

So this OP is posting lies......Should this be placed in the HOAX bin......Just saying. I am pretty sure when the argument is lost they fall back on the NAZI script. It seems to be the fall back option for the pro-Russia ATS posters anyway.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You've obviously never bothered to read anything but your own threads have you. Otherwise you'd have seen me saying for years that the US and other powers need to be careful not to underestimate any opponents. The West is far from invincible, but they do have an advantage over Russia and China in several fields.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
I dunno how true or false this story is but the days of complete military dominance by America are long gone. I'll probably start a thread tomorrow that points this fact out credibly.

The US military industrial complex is out of control.......That being said the money is well spent and the US is still decades ahead of Russia. The US is still a super power Russia is barely a regional power after the fall.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The ship did leave now there are more ships back so what that is not even the main story. I'm not pro Russia I just happen to not have a military invincibility complex. There are multiple stories of military weapons failing or being recalled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join