It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the 'Stupidity of the American Voter'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Daedalus, I respect you and you know it. Glad to hear you're finding ways to deal with the suckage that is life sometimes.

Not sure why you've chosen this spot to jump into this particular conversation, but, fair enough. All insurance works on the premise of risk-loss. Actuarial science is a fine art which guides insurance companies to what used to be a fairly fine margin of profit, which through graft and corruption has been expanded over the years, but the margin of profit in insurance is always the difference between what people pay in for premiums and what the company has to pay out coverage (less company overhead of course). That's not "charity" that's just the way the concept works.

I'm not going to reargue the justice or injustice of the ACA because I know you to be a reasonable person in general that simply has a very different base opinion than I do on the matter. The ACA is not the best solution to the problem, but it was a solution, and it is in place, and it is helping people. I can make arguments in favor of the mandate but I too believe it's BS, though not for the same reasons generally listed by my friends on the right.

Sixty years ago, or so, any criticism of the government would have been "unamerican." Now, apparently, any complements toward the government are considered the same way. Times change.

And I'm not going to argue semantics with you. I understand how, similar to the way that some people think that the dollars they pay in taxes somehow remain marked as they move through the system as "theirs" rather than revenue, the same concept would claim that the money paid in "premiums" also remains personally marked somehow.

To me, that's insanity, but it's two different positions.

I've said several times though, I'm excited to see what the Republicans do with their power, up to and including a repeal of the ACA.

Other than that, I hope your life continues to improve, and see you around.

edit on 0Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:13:54 -060014p1220141166 by Gryphon66 because: Small note.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

"The comments in the video were made at an academic conference," Gruber told host Ronan Farrow. "I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments."

It's all OK now, he's sorry he said it

Link
< br />
The issue with this is the guy actually stated it a second time at another venue...

Me thinks they wont be able to walk this comment back.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: 200Plus

"The comments in the video were made at an academic conference," Gruber told host Ronan Farrow. "I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments."

It's all OK now, he's sorry he said it

Link
< br />
The issue with this is the guy actually stated it a second time at another venue...

Me thinks they wont be able to walk this comment back.

Yes, the cat is out of the bag.
The left will try to say that this guy had nothing to do with writing the legislation, but he has been associated with the crafting of the legislation before and no one took issue with it.... because he didn't say anything controversial.
Fact remains that he was a part of it and he has told us that the public would not have swallowed the plan if they didn't 'pull the wool over their eyes'.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Of Course Most Americans are Stupid , they NEVER Learn this Lesson..............

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Stupidity of the American voter, or stupidity of the Congressional democrat? That is who voted for it (to find out what was in it).

I have found that democrat bills usually have names that are the exact opposite of what's in them, kinda like what comes out of their mouths. "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" - It is neither affordable nor does it protect patients.

because "The Patriot Act" is totally patriotic?

Knock it off, tex. Because I think Obama is a moron, you assume that I like W? That's rather presumptuous of you.

edit on 12-11-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is a link to a report about the other video where Mr Gruber calls the American Public 'stupid'.

Daily Caller

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The thing is, he is insulting the democrat voter.

The people who didn't vote for his party aren't the "stupid" ones.

He's calling his own party "stupid".

And those same people he called stupid, are defending him.

How awkward.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This from Breitbart:

From an amicus brief of Economic Scholars (including Gruber) in the King case, dated March 21, 2014:
Economist and MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber has developed a sophisticated economic model that allows for a robust prediction of outcomes in the health care system, depending on various policy changes. The Gruber Microsimulation Model (“GMSIM”) utilizes two primary sets of data: (1) Fixed information on individuals, derived from 2011 Current Population Survey data and updated to 2013 and later years; and (2) varying information on policy parameters, which inform the changes in price and eligibility of various forms of insurance. See MIT Economics, Jonathan Gruber, Documentation for the Gruber Microsimulation Model at 2-3, available at economics.mit.edu... The GMSIM has been cited as one of the leading options for modeling health insurance reforms such as the ACA.
From an amicus brief filed by several states in the Halbig case dated November 3, 2014:
The best that Appellants and their amici come up with are YouTube videos of Professor Jonathan Gruber, a private citizen at non-governmental meetings in January 2012, years after the ACA was enacted. But Appellants fail to demonstrate that Professor Gruber’s message was disseminated to the State officials responsible for determining whether to build their own Exchange. In any event, Gruber later corrected himself, calling his earlier statements a mistake. Gruber had been mentioned in nearly all of the government's court filings related to this case but did not appear in the latest filing opposing Supreme Court review of the King case.

The title of the article is:

How Jonathan Gruber Went from Hero to Goat in Court Filings

Breitbart.com
How soon until his destruction is complete?
edit on bu302014-11-12T12:33:00-06:0012America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 12:33:00 -060012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on bu302014-11-12T13:07:52-06:0001America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 13:07:52 -06001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Betcha he didn't have much to do with the bill (although I don't know). Probably far from a major 'architect' of the legislation. Architects don't usually brag about the poor quality of the people who will live in their creations, but know that something is created to benefit those who will be embraced within it.

Wow, you must be who he's referring to, most modern legislation is NOT "created to benefit those who will be embraced within it". They are created to benefit those who created it. If you don't know that, you ARE who he is referring to.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well it's nice to see them just come out and say it so that the morons who vote Democrat can finally hear the truth from the horse's mouth. Something tells me it still won't sink into their heads though because the truth of the matter is that you really cannot fix stupid. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The guy was involved in the legislation in whatever capacity. I heard his little soundbite on the radio just a little while ago. The guy is really arrogant about pulling the wool over stupid American's eyes. In fact he gets very technical about taxes and corporations.

Now if you want to compare him to oh let's say Al Gore inventing the Internet....both are equally arrogant and misleading the public intentionally.

edit on 12-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They've found a third video of him saying it.

pjmedia.com...

This one was in 2012. Apparently, this guy speaks "off the cuff" a lot.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The thing is, he is insulting the democrat voter.

The people who didn't vote for his party aren't the "stupid" ones.

He's calling his own party "stupid".

And those same people he called stupid, are defending him.

How awkward.

De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Now either they don't realize how they got played or they knew it all along and think they can fool us into thinking they weren't lying to us.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yes, this is what I heard just a little ago on the Hannity show. He's talking about taxing the insurance companies who then pass the tax on to the consumer.

See, we've told people this and they say we don't know what we are talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess the vermin figures that there is no need to worry about the repercussions of his big mouth when you have mindless imbeciles as your supporters. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

The irony.

People he insulted are running to his defense!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

ObamaCare's Architects Reap Windfall as Washington Lobbyists

edit on 12-11-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I work for an agency that started writing about Obamacare for insurance companies about 3 years ago. THe pitch was simple--insurers were going to make billions from the new healthcare mandate. Who would be paying them? The working class and healthy, young folks with jobs.

From the beginning, Obamacare was all about big bucks for pharma and health insurers---it's nothing like "universal healthcare" that Canadians enjoy--it's a harsh tax and way to line the pockets of democratic supporters.

The problem? Those intelligent enough to raise questions were immediately labeled "racist" by media and Obama supporters. Now we have an even more expensive and less effective healthcare system.

Thanks to everybody responsible.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wish was as simple as stupid democrats who pushed this horrible bill through...unfortunately, it seems there was too much money on the table--all the clowns that voted for this bill were probably well-paid (or given huge political donations) by big pharma and insurers.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
I wish was as simple as stupid democrats who pushed this horrible bill through...unfortunately, it seems there was too much money on the table--all the clowns that voted for this bill were probably well-paid (or given huge political donations) by big pharma and insurers.

That doesn't really align with the rhetoric that both parties are equally corrupt, does it? Because if money talks in Congress, zero Republicans were listening that day.

Both parties are not equally corrupt. I think that BS comes from the left to make them contrast less with Republicans.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join