It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the 'Stupidity of the American Voter'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The medicalization of disability represents a giant step in the transformation of the welfare state into the therapeutic state. While the two systems resemble one another, both being need-based and paternalistic, there are important differences between them:

The welfare state seeks to relieve poverty and unemployment; its beneficiaries are not helped against their will; it is a constitutional state, regulated by the rule of law.

The therapeutic state seeks to remedy personal and social problems defined as diseases; its beneficiaries are often helped against their will; it is a totalitarian state, governed by the rule of therapeutic discretion.
edit on 11-11-2014 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xcathdra

Like it or not, Democrats are still Americans.

Or were you implying something else?

I am flat out stating the Obamacare monstrosity is a direct result of Democrats. Nationality in this case is not the cause, political ideology is.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

She made the comment while trying to weasel her way out of taking responsibility for failing to do her job. How many times was the request sent that their is a security issue at that specific Embassy?

Why were people in a position to assist told to stand down.

Her inability to take action that resulted in deaths is in fact a criminal act.

I dont see the Dems pushing for accountability or trying to locate those responsible. If we look at what occurred we see the Dems trying to blame some guys video and protests.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here is what we all have to realize! This arrogant SOB did not orchestrate this bill all by himself! This was Obama's idea from the get go! He just didn't know how to write the law so the so called "stupid people" would go for it, so he hired this dirt bag! He came up with the idea to make people think they were getting something wonderful from him, a free gift, if you will.. Ya see what the people need to realize for those of you that haven't, is Obama plays to both sides, no matter what!
As long as he is the one in power and he is thought of as the savior of the lesser peasants. That is all he ever wanted and still wants! Complete control of the American People! He hates the USA! Can you not tell this by his policy's?

He basically began his first year in office going around the world apologizing for the "awful American's" He stopped short of saying "I am embarrassed to be associated with these idiots and they should be ashamed of themselves!!"

Obama has from the moment he decided to run for office thought of you and me as stupid and beneath him. He has and continues to look down his nose at us for God only knows what reason, but a man like this who is so hungry for so much power and greed is a very dangerous man! You cannot trust him and more importantly should be very cautious of what he will attempt to do on the global scene...

AND beware, their is a hidden agenda in this clown revealing this information to us, now we just have to wait for the other shoe to fall!!

Pax

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The denial in this thread is astounding. Even when confronted with the fact that they were hoodwinked, and made fools, Liberals are not only unable to acknowledge it, they still defend it.

Then again, even after a tidal wave of scandals have essentially submerged this administration, there's some that would rather drown, than admit they've been played.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
The denial in this thread is astounding. Even when confronted with the fact that they were hoodwinked, and made fools, Liberals are not only unable to acknowledge it, they still defend it.

Then again, even after a tidal wave of scandals have essentially submerged this administration, there's some that would rather drown, than admit they've been played.

Its no different than the White House press secretary and MSNBC trying to spin some reality that Democrats did not lose in the midterms. They are moving into the RT area of thinking.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: butcherguy
I wanted to see who was covering this story, so I google searched this phrase 'ACA architect calls voters stupid'.
Forbes is covering it. I found the links that I have in the OP. I see right wing blogs with it, but I don't see ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN covering it.

Yea. Their stupidity and "toolism" would been seen in depth here. For those that needed the demonstration. The "surge" is on now. American Bullsitz company, National Bull#z Company, Central Bull#z Company.....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

One of the architects of Obamacare said the law was written in a deliberately “tortured” way and relied on the “stupidity of the American voter” to ensure its passage. In a newly unearthed 2013 clip, Jonathan Gruber, the MIT health economist who helped craft parts of the Affordable Care Act, got fairly candid about the tactics used to get the Affordable Care Act passed during a panel at the Annual Health Economists’ Conference last year. “This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure [the Congressional Budget Office] did not score the mandate as taxes,” Gruber said in one 52-second clip. “If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. OK, so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed.” Gruber then trumpeted the value of a “lack of transparency” — and called American voters stupid. “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” Gruber said. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass.”

The Blaze
Daily Caller
Live Leak
I think that most legislation relies on the stupidity of the American voter to pass....
But when the guy that devised the law comes right out and calls the voters stupid, well haven't we had enough yet?

Just goes to show the gov't doesn't give a ***k about you the people.
To have Obamacare and Romneycare as backup means either way America was getting this act implemented into law.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Help me out here, are you saying that the fact that one of the architects of this bill calling Americans stupid is not news to the Democrats? Why would they support such legislature then?

I'm not quite sure I understand, are you really supporting the Democrats on this one? Stockholm syndrome much?

"At this point, what does it matter?" Uhm, it matters because a 'crime' was perpetrated..

'That girl got raped'
- "So what? At this point, what does it matter? Quit living in the past"

That about sums it up?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The health care act was simply this. "WE created health care for everyone". That was the goal and in typical, democrat/progressive/liberal fashion...the details and the facts don't matter as long as the sentence is achieved. Hell, they would have been fine with breaking everyone financially and even killing a few million as long as they could claim that they "created health care for everyone". That is their goal people...a catch phrase without regard for the content and facts.

THAT is part of the reason they lost in this election. Yes...the American people are stupid (for the most part), but we are not such idiots that we can't see that what they say, is never what they deliver. Lies. Nothing but lies from the party and the administration.

"We enacted health care for everyone" = at the expense of everyone else and through lies
"I killed Osama Bin Laden" = No...a military group did

Our government is a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves. Dump them all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Snopes is in partial denial.
They cover the story, but don't get into the fact that the guy said what he did. They focus on whether or not the University of Pennsylvania pulled the YouTube video that they put up of the conference.
Snopes

Claim: "Obamacare architect" Jonathan Gruber recently said Obamacare only passed due to the "stupidity" of the American voter and a lack of "transparency," and video footage of his remarks was deleted from the internet.

Their answer: Mixture.
Yeah, when you add the 'escape hatch' of the video deletion.
edit on bu302014-11-11T05:59:28-06:0005America/ChicagoTue, 11 Nov 2014 05:59:28 -06005u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

i'm curious...

how exactly is it a better deal than we had before?

before the ACA, the decision to either buy, or not buy the services of an HMO, was mine, and mine alone....

after the ACA, now i'm told if i make enough to file income taxes, that i MUST buy it...or the government will rob me...

before the ACA, i could get a plan that suited my needs...one that only had the things i required, and nothing more...

after the ACA, now i get cookie cutter plans, bundled up with all kinds of crap i don't need, or want..and i hafta pay MORE for those things i don't need or want, and i can't get rid of them, because they're now mandatory services...even though i'll never use them.

how is it a better deal than before to be FORCED to purchase a product from a private corporation, that i can't afford, don't need, and won't be able to use?

how is being forced to give my money to a company for nothing, a better deal?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

it SHOULD be covered by everyone...

EVERYONE should know about this...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

so because you, and others like you are apathetic, and don't care how hard you're being screwed, nobody should care?

it DOES matter....what they did was wrong, and they should be held accountable for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
In light of the OP ... what a boneheaded comment!

He was likely at an academic conference or something but that still doesn't excuse his dumb choice of words.

Net effect of ACA. More than 26 million Americans are insured that weren't. The majority of Americans DO NOT favor repeal.

But I'm excited for the Republican efforts to demolish Obamacare. Almost as exciting as their potential gutting of Social Security/Medicare and Medicaid.

Goooo Reds!

I think you might want to check those numbers.

www.forbes.com...

Combining all of this data: of the 8 million sign-ups on the exchange, we can only be confident that around 1.7 million are previously uninsured and enrolled. We can add another 865,000 or so for those purchasing coverage off the exchange, for a total of 2.6 million previously uninsured individual-market enrollees.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What else is new? The American people are their own worst enemy. We can't think for ourselves, we rely on what popular figure heads on TV tell us to think. Like Oprah, or other "stars". (Sorry, she's the only name I know as I don't watch TV.)

If we would have thought about things critically, like who Obama was instead of just seeing him as "the potential first black president", we may have known about his dirty politics. But nah, we'll just follow what everyone else says... Can't be assed to form an opinion on my own.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

And as the guy in video points out, they HAD to do that, force you to pay for those services you don't need or want, in order to give that money to people who do need or simply want those services.

Basically, they lied and they knew if we were told that if we had what we wanted, we would then be forced to pay those people who didn't have what they wanted, even when we couldn't afford it, we would never go for it. Why? Because no one wants to go bankrupt. But now, a lot of people who used to have coverage either have to lose money to government so they can give stuff to others and go without ourselves or we have to go bankrupt ourselves trying to pay for what the government takes money from us to give to others.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Basically, they lied and they knew if we were told that if we had what we wanted, we would then be forced to pay those people who didn't have what they wanted, even when we couldn't afford it, we would never go for it. Why? Because no one wants to go bankrupt.

Then they act surprised at the results of the midterm elections.

The young people that thought they were going to get free health care said.... 'Whaaat?'

It isn't so much apathy as it is anger, IMO.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think this information should be brought to the Supreme Court. They need to change their opinion about this ACA. We all knew it was a tax to begin with and now the truth is out.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I think this information should be brought to the Supreme Court. They need to change their opinion about this ACA. We all knew it was a tax to begin with and now the truth is out.

Funny you should mention this -

Supreme Court Agrees To Hear New Challenge To Obamacare

Obamacare once again faces death before the Supreme Court.

The justices announced Friday they will decide on a lawsuit claiming that the language of the Affordable Care Act doesn't allow the government to provide tax credits to low- and moderate-income health insurance consumers using the federally run Obamacare exchanges operating in more than 30 states. The lawsuit contends that the ACA only permits subsidies to be distributed by state-run exchanges.

President Barack Obama's administration maintains this argument is baseless and that Congress always intended these subsidies to be available nationwide.

Click link for remainder of article.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join