It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the 'Stupidity of the American Voter'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
republicans don't have to worry though....the next few elections, they will be able to scare the crap out of the voting public to repeal it. then they can start working on privatizing social security, whittling down medicare, doing away with most entitlements to the poor and the middle class, with the savings going to cutting only your taxes. so hang in there you wealthy people, America will make you even more wealthier than you are now!!!

As usual

Your daily Partisan incoherent rantings. You have not only drank the Kool-Aid.

You ate the box...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: jimmyx
republicans don't have to worry though....the next few elections, they will be able to scare the crap out of the voting public to repeal it. then they can start working on privatizing social security, whittling down medicare, doing away with most entitlements to the poor and the middle class, with the savings going to cutting only your taxes. so hang in there you wealthy people, America will make you even more wealthier than you are now!!!

As usual

Your daily Partisan incoherent rantings. You have not only drank the Kool-Aid.

You ate the box...

really?...tell me which part of what I said above, has not been proposed by a republican congressman?
1...privatizing social security?
2...whittling down Medicare?
3...doing away with entitlements like WIC, help with housing, tax credits for the working poor?
4...percentage on upper income taxes being lowered over the decades?

which one of those hasn't already happened, or hasn't been suggested by the republicans?...what part do you find incoherent?...is it that someone is actually telling you what has already happened, that you find so, so, partisan?
edit on 9-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I don't have a problem with any of those cuts. I would make a1000 more.

I would cut all your freebies...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: jimmyx

I don't have a problem with any of those cuts. I would make a1000 more.

I would cut all your freebies...

so if your young, old, disabled, mentally ill and cannot care for yourself....just go away and die?....tell me, what modern government has been able to successfully pull that off?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sorry Jimmy...

It was all conjecture.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Mr. Gruber is testifying today before a Congressional committee.
Here is some of what he had to say, courtesy of the Washington times....

Jonathan Gruber, the man whose clumsy remarks sparked the latest Obamacare headache for the White House, apologized to Congress for “glib, thoughtless and sometimes downright insulting” observations about the stupidity of the American voters and how the health overhaul passed, testifying Tuesday he shouldn’t have forayed into politics in his academic speeches. Mr. Gruber said his caught-on-tape comments should not reflect poorly on President Obama’s signature achievement, which is under threat in the courts and from Republican opponents set to take full control of Congress. “It’s never appropriate to try to make oneself seem more important or smarter by demeaning others. I knew better. I know better. I’m embarrassed, and I’m sorry,” Mr. Gruber, an economics professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, told the House oversight committee. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Marilyn Tavenner, administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services had this enlightening bit of info:

His testimony overshadowed that of an actual government official, Marilyn Tavenner, administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), who testified it was “regrettable” that her agency included 400,000 dental plans with the enrollment figures it reported to the committee earlier this fall. When the dental plans were excluded, Obamacare enrollment fell to 6.7 million in the first go-around, or less than the 7 million target the Congressional Budget Office had estimated. Mr. Issa, who denied Mrs. Tavenner’s request to testify apart from Mr. Gruber, said it took a staffer 20 minutes to find the error. “Simply put, this was a mistake,” Mrs. Tavenner said, vowing it would not happen again.

edit on b000000312014-12-09T13:22:31-06:0001America/ChicagoTue, 09 Dec 2014 13:22:31 -0600100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join