It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

"Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute"

I guess nobody is perfect, or so it seems! LoL

As to the validity of the info, I imagine just like the Bible, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This will never be authenticated because it's crap.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's remarkable that this thing has been translated for 160 years and as soon as a film maker gets a hold of it, it's suddenly full of all kinds of cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
It's remarkable that this thing has been translated for 160 years and as soon as a film maker gets a hold of it, it's suddenly full of all kinds of cool stuff.

I don't think that is what happened. The DaVinci code basically stole most of the ideas in the book ... including the Jesus/Mary thing, which is not a new concept, it's well over 100 years old.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Another part of the great deception. Be not deceived people.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Agreeing with nukedog, it seems too good to be true, to be picked up by a film maker, yet disregarded by researchers. The idea of Mary Magdalene as being a prostitute is usually disregarded, as that has little evidence until medieval times. Futhermore:

After a seven-day wedding feast, the text is said to read: ‘Joseph had intercourse with Aseneth . . . And Aseneth conceived from Joseph and gave birth to Manasseh and his brother Ephraim in Joseph’s house.’

Now, in Jewish weddings at the time of Christ, the couple got married and left and went about their business, with only the guests remaining for the wedding feast.

Calling fake.
edit on 10/11/2014 by BombDefined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There is a book called "The Gospel of Judas" that contains some interesting and controversial information pertaining to what may or may not have taken place regarding the crucifixion of Christ. Dont hold me as to its validity, but it's rather a good read.

edit on 10-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Another refreshing thread & concept Daas, well done!

S&F.

It's gotten interesting already, let's see where this heads!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
I bet the Vatican is having a hissy fit!!

I bet they don't care at all. Seriously, this is an extremely poor hoax. The source of information is notoriously unreliable and the story itself is contradicted by the eyewitness accounts (either told by the eyewitness' or told by those who heard the eyewitness accounts from them) that are closer to the time of the events.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sorry, somehow my tablet double posted hours later when I revisited this thread. What the.....?
edit on 10-11-2014 by silverking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The only thing I'm certain of is the fact that all history is rewritten to portray what TPTB at the tome WANT us to see.

The Bible has been highly edited by man,; words have been proven to be mistranslated, and it seems obvious to me that much information is missing.

Why the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth has been so pains-takingly hidden for thousands of years intrigues me more than anything else about orthodox religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

Ok well , my questions are "what Gospel is he translating '"?
and where did he get it ? . i see no information on this at all .....

my second Question is , does this change the "divinity " of Jesus if its true ?

No, because Jesus wasn't divine. If he existed, he was just an ordinary man and this is just more evidence to say that it was true. He could love a woman (a prostitute at that) and father children with her.

Though I've heard this theory before and have no reason to assume it isn't true. It's more believable than the 33 year old virgin story that the Catholic Church likes to spin, especially in this times (since virginity wasn't considered a virtue for a man at those times).

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't have a hard opinion either way here, as i was only sharing information. But i will say that the material is at least worth considering. Why must we only seriously consider books agreed to as canon by powerful religious institutions with their own agendas? Sure, they wield the most influence. But with power comes responsibility, and history shows that the Catholic Church (and other entities) has had a significant hand in shaping Christianity and its scriptures. Even in saying this, there are still some disagreements today about the veracity of some books.

Yes, the information i presented may be far-reaching, but it is foolhardy to disregard it with a simple wave of a hand. It deserves as much attention as any other piece, and we should let it speak for itself. Once further information is divulged, we will hopefully be able to put much more information into context and take it from there.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It's just as believable as the bible.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

its more interesting how people believe in the bible...talking snakes...burning bushes...inbreeding...spare ribs making women...and bears being summoned to maul over 40 chilldren for making fun of a bald guy....and noah's arc....i could write a book on this crazy stuff...oh there is one

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i sure hope its true..
anything to shake up the church and believers is cool with me...

im not a religious guy but i would love to get access to the vaticans vaults and catacombs....you know there is some good stuff down there

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Well, this is all kinds of "messed up," but I'm sure the atheists are thrilled with this perversion of the Truth.

I'm highly skeptical of any "lost book of the Bible written 1,000 years after the fact." This sounds more like a deliberate attempt to deny Christianity its profound legitimacy - if not an outright hoax. (More Hitler Diaries, anyone?)

I'd be more inclined to believe the version that Christ survived the crucifixion, and moved to early France with Mary Magdalene, who was a prostitute who could never overcome her baser behavior. Christ loved her but ultimately left her. She stayed in France for awhile, and had a girl-child by the negro Saint Michael. (There is a church in France even today, with a statue of a mulatto girl labeled as the child of Mary Magdalene.)

Christ married a royal woman of early France and had a family. His descendents are thought to have been part of the later unifying royalty of the Merovingians (the long-haired kings).

The Knights Templars are said to have kept this super-secret of Christ's survival for centuries, bringing them great wealth - and causing their downfall when it resulted in their greed and corruption.

But a too-later, "lost gospel" claiming the Virgin Mary was really Christ's wife? Oh please ....
edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: corrections

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Actually no where in the bible does it say that Mary Magdelen was a prostitute.....just saying

Beyond that, I dont know to ME that this is really much of a surprise.......most pious people at the time did have children....

2. It also doesnt surprise me that they would have kept this secret, they wanted to crucify the kids father, it only makes sense to keep it secret that he had children in order to keep them alive......

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Got any proof of this?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
I bet the Vatican is having a hissy fit!!

" He who keeps the keys to Heaven rules the world." - The Davinci Code

I have always wanted the different religions to explain why they think they "own" God via religion. I dont remember reading about God being a Catholic, a Buddhist, Muslim or Jew. If we were expected to all worship one entity one would think "God" would not allow other entities to be worshiped.

whats the purpose of giving people free will only to punish them for not behaving as God wants?

My 2 favorite quotes -

" Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend."

and

" I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance. " - Amy Farafowler.

edit on 10-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join