It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Jesus Christ was a family man who had two children with his prostitute wife, according to a controversial claim by a recently translated “lost Gospel” dating back to more than 1,000 years. The text, recently unearthed at the British Library and translated from Aramaic by biblical scholars, mentions Jesus Christ’s alleged marriage to a certain prostitute. The gospel also reportedly claims the existence of Jesus’ two children, with their names and descendants even reportedly mentioned in detail in the text.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

New information has surfaced from a recent translation of a 'lost gospel', suggesting that Jesus Christ may have married a prostitute, thought by some to be Mary Magdalene, and fathered two children with her before his crucifixion.

the prostitute, who may have been Mary Magdalene, was married to Christ before he was crucified and raised two children together during his time in Nazareth. Although Magdalene had prominent presence in the canonical Gospels, there was no mention of any romantic relations between her and Jesus Christ.

Barrie Wilson and Simcha Jacobovici, scholars who translated the lost Gospel from Aramaic, say that that there is a huge possibility that Jesus Christ’s wife mentioned in the texts may have been Mary Magdalene. Theologians have speculated about Jesus’ alleged romantic involvements with the famed prostitute for centuries, and the newly translated text might possibly be the first, real evidence of Jesus not only as Mary Magdalene’s husband, but also as father to two children.

Also of interest is the claim that the virgin Mary was actually the wife of Jesus, rather than his mother...

Professor Barrie Wilson and writer Simcha Jacobovic spent months translating the text, which they claim states Jesus had two children and the original Virgin Mary was Jesus's wife and not his mother.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Further information, including details on the identities of Jesus' children, will be released during the week.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Huh, so is this just about a transcript that claims to verify it cause I have heard this theory many many times in the past.
ETA: What I have heard was that the virgin mary was far from a virgin and that jesus even had siblings.
Thought the gnostic gospels had something similar

edit on thMon, 10 Nov 2014 01:39:04 -0600America/Chicago1120140480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 10 Nov 2014 01:44:33 -0600America/Chicago1120143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Uh...

The whole Virgin Mary thing? No that was his mother. Magdalene and Jesus... Who knows. But the Virgin Mary was his mother, had a donkey ride and a confused husband of her own to show for it.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I bet the Vatican is having a hissy fit!!

Probably thought they had all the gospels they didn't want the public to know about hidden in their vault

They will be trying to find a way to discredit this latest info

Thanks for the find...

Very interesting indeed
So much has been covered up over the years

S&F

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Ok well , my questions are "what Gospel is he translating '"?
and where did he get it ? . i see no information on this at all .....

my second Question is , does this change the "divinity " of Jesus if its true ?

IMHO it won't..

because according to Orthodoxy Belief "Jesus is an extension of god " .

if true this will strengthen the Muslim belief that Jesus was a "prophet of god " (a normal man)

my 2 cents
edit on 10-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is further information on the material:

this new book focuses on a story to be found in a manuscript dating back to 570 AD and written in Syriac — a Middle Eastern literary language used between the 4th and 8th centuries and related to Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.

Written on vellum — treated animal skin — it had been in the archives of the British Library for about 20 years, where it was put after the British Museum had originally bought it in 1847 from a dealer who said he had obtained it from the ancient St Macarius Monastery in Egypt.

For the past 160 years, the document has been studied by a few scholars but has been considered pretty unremarkable.

But then Simcha Jacobovici, an Israeli-Canadian film-maker, and Barrie Wilson, a professor of religious studies in Toronto, took a look. After six years of study, they are convinced they’ve uncovered a missing fifth gospel — to add to the four gospels, which tell the story of the life of Christ and are said to have been written by the evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, in the 1st century AD.

If true, this would make it the greatest revelation into the life of Jesus in nearly 2,000 years. Jacobovici claims the manuscript, which is 29 chapters long, is a 6th century copy of another 1st-century gospel and casts parts of the Bible in a very different light.

Information on the central aspects of the text:

According to Jacobovici and Wilson, it tells of Jesus’s marriage through the story of the Old Testament character Joseph and his wife Aseneth.Jacobovici decided to look more deeply into Joseph and Aseneth, when he compared their story with other Old Testament tales.

There have been other, later, versions of the Joseph and Aseneth story, written in Latin and Greek, which have been preserved in monasteries. But by returning to the ancient Syriac, Wilson and Jacobovici say it was possible to read the text as it was intended and to decode the hidden story.

Central to their claim is that Joseph was actually Jesus — and that Aseneth was actually Mary Magdalene.

The new translation, according to Jacobovici and Wilson, records that the Pharaoh of Egypt officiated at the wedding between the couple, saying to Aseneth: ‘Blessed are you by the Lord God of Joseph, because he is the first-born of God, and you will be called the Daughter of God Most High and the bride of Joseph now and for ever.’
After a seven-day wedding feast, the text is said to read: ‘Joseph had intercourse with Aseneth . . . And Aseneth conceived from Joseph and gave birth to Manasseh and his brother Ephraim in Joseph’s house.’

He and his colleague Wilson point to several clues that they say give away its true meaning. Principally, the story about Joseph has little connection with other Old Testament stories about a man who is best-known for the tale of his murderous brothers, which inspired the popular musical Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

What’s more, Joseph is often seen in early Syriac Christianity as a symbol of Jesus. The manuscript calls Joseph — like Jesus — the son of God.

At one point in the British Library manuscript, an angel-like figure marks a piece of honeycomb in blood with the sign of the cross. When Aseneth — purportedly the Mary Magdalene figure — eats a piece of honeycomb, the angel tells her: ‘So now you have eaten the bread of life and drunk the cup of life.’

The parallels with Christian Holy Communion, according to Jacobovici, means that this is a ‘Christian text’.

The document is also preceded by a covering letter, written in the 6th century by the man who translated the document from its original Greek into Syriac.

It says the document has an ‘inner meaning’ about ‘our Lord, our God, the Word’.

But just at the point when it seems as if the text’s hidden inner meaning is about to be disclosed, there is a big tear in the manuscript — suggesting someone deliberately censored the revelation that was to follow.

‘There is a cut across the page, right through a line of Syriac writing,’ Jacobovici and Wilson say. ‘This indicates that the section is missing, not because of deterioration but because of censorship.’

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't know. It's interesting...i will give it that. Hopefully we will see further clarification when the conference is held later in the week though.
edit on 10-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

sounds like a great innovation of scripture .

who knows we are going to have to wait to get more info .

i do know that the gospels were written 80 to 100 years after Jesus so so anything could have been transcribed .

great thread BTW

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This thread should get real interesting
. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh Jesus, here comes a flood of memes that will be of biblical proportions.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So if your headline is correct, then maybe it was Pimp Jesus?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
A common thing done to further increase the mythology of a strong man dedicated to the people or a cause is for them to not have a woman, that way they are married to the people or the cause and have full dedication to it.

Propaganda, but one is done to this date.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It's a well known text, the archetypes involved will have Messianic correspondence because Joseph had that role, particularly Ephraim the tribe from which the House of Israel elected Kings, the other son of the two being Manasseh, but that doesn't mean it's a gospel based upon the life of Jesus or that he had two sons.

"And as Aseneth finished her confession to the Lord, lo, the Morning Star rose in the Eastern sky. And Aseneth saw it and rejoiced and said, "The Lord God has indeed heard me, for this star is a messenger and herald of the light of the great day.And lo the heaven was torn open and an indescribable light appeared. And Aseneth fell on her face upon the ashes; and there came to her a man from heaven; and he called to her "Aseneth"

Joseph and Asenenth

It's more of interest with regards to the Cult of Neith and Bees.

The bees of the Paradise of Delight have made this honey, and the angels of God eat of it, and no one who eats of it shall ever die.

And the man stretched his right hand out and broke off a piece of the comb and ate it; and he put a piece of it unto Aseneth's mouth. And the man stretched his hand out and put his finger on the edge of the comb that faced eastwards; and the path of his finger became like blood.

And he stretched out his hand a second time and put his finger on the edge of the comb that faced northwards, and the path of his finger became like blood.

And Aseneth was standing on the left and watching everything the man was doing. And bees came up from the cells of the comb, and they were white as snow, and their wings were irridescent -- purple and blue and gold; and they had golden diadems on their heads and sharp-pointed strings.

And all the bees flew in circles round Aseneth, from her feet right up to her head; and yet more bees, as big as queens, settled on Aseneth's lips. And the man said to the bees, "Go, please, to your places." And they all left Aseneth and fell to the ground, every one of them, and died.

And the man said, "Get up now, and go to your place;" and they got up and went, every one of them, to the court round Aseneth's tower.

Joseph and Aseneth text
edit on Kam1130313vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If it's not about 2,000 years old, then it isn't reliable. This is later than anything written in the Bible, what took them so long to write this? It's interesting how some people quickly believe this stuff and don't find that suspicious at all.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So a totally unrelated story in the text, with different names and different circumstances,is supposed to be composed of stand-ins for Mary and Jesus (bless their hearts)? That's like a scholar asserting that the Little Old Lady Who Lives In A Shoe, the one with so many children she didn't know what to do (move to a larger shoe?), is actually and in reality Snow White, and the children are dwarves, and the shoe is Nazareth.
edit on 10-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well.... This is the naked Archeologist...

I like his show, but he also claimed to find the lost tomb of Jesus as well...

Hardly reliable info, and its 450 years after the fact...

Hes Not a scholar either

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Huh, so is this just about a transcript that claims to verify it cause I have heard this theory many many times in the past.
ETA: What I have heard was that the virgin mary was far from a virgin and that jesus even had siblings.
Thought the gnostic gospels had something similar

Every Bible claims Jesus had siblings. Catholics are one of the only ones to deny it. The Bible claims Mary was a virgin when Jesus was born, it never states she stayed a virgin, and Jesus' brothers are talked about in EVERY Bible, although Catholic Bibles translate the word as cousins.

Mat 12:46
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.

Mat 12:47
Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

Mat 12:48
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”

Mat 12:49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.

Mat 12:50
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother

The word in question is adelphos. It is never once used to mean cousin in the entire Bible.

a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother

www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

Ok well , my questions are "what Gospel is he translating '"?
and where did he get it ? . i see no information on this at all .....

my second Question is , does this change the "divinity " of Jesus if its true ?

IMHO it won't..

because according to Orthodoxy Belief "Jesus is an extension of god " .

if true this will strengthen the Muslim belief that Jesus was a "prophet of god " (a normal man)

my 2 cents

Well lets think about the message that would send from the divine then.

Would it now be considered divine to have kids out of wedlock with prostitutes?

Gives new meaning to WWJD.

Makes me wonder what else could be locked up in the vatican vaults.

Is there anything saying they married in there? Of course this still needs to be authenticated. But just imagine if it is. WOW.
edit on 10-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Joseph was thick as $h!t...poor guy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join