It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

well there is this old theory they, being the bloodline, still rule and sit in positions of power.

Your throne shall be established forever
edit on 093030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
here is a little more on Simcha Jacobovici and his research.

Good TV, Bad History & Science
"[The Lost Tomb of Jesus] will make good TV but involves a bad critical reading of history. Basically, this is old news with a new interpretation. We have known about this tomb since it was discovered in 1980. There are all sorts of reasons to see that this is much ado about nothing much." -
Dr. Ben Witherington, New Testament professor at Asbury Theological Seminary and author of What Have They Done With Jesus?
The Lost Tomb of Jesus: A Response to the Discovery-Channel Documentary Directed by James Cameron

if you do a search on him you'll see even more about him. his fringe style seems to appeal to a certain.... well i leave there.
many scholars think he's a quack.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thanks for the information.

If he ran with old news and a new interpretation of the tomb, it is likely he would do the same in the case of this 'lost gospel'. That certainly puts a damper on things, but i still think the text itself should be analysed on its own merits. One thing that raised my suspicions is that a seemingly related documentary is also being announced. It would echo the opinion that this is a publicity stunt. Just food for thought.
edit on 10-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You do know the virgin birth was only for Jesus right? The bible clearly states her and her husband went on to have sons and daughters, and Jesus' half brothers became his followers...

Where did you get the idea that Mary was ALWAYS a virgin?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Got any proof of this?"

spiritualityhealth.com...
THE SOUTH OF FRANCE WITH MARY MAGDALENE AND THE CATHARS
"... the massive Gothic basilica 
at Saint-Maximin in the southern French countryside near Aix-en-Provence ... a small staircase to a marble sarcophagus containing the relics of Mary Magdalene and a bronze reliquary said to hold her skull."

en.wikipedia.org...
PENITENT MAGDALENE
Wooden statue of Mary Magdalene by Donatello, created 1453-1455, is the gaunt and emaciated figure of a belatedly repetitent Mary Magdalene.

(From feminists to Dan Brown, Mary Magdalene has been refigured today into some kind of super-heroine - which she wasn't. And I have sympathy for the fact that for a long time, women could neither own property nor enjoy legitimate work outside a family business. And many of these women today who are embracing her memory, may be revealing more about the horrible conditions of their own past lives as prostitutes, than a true adoration for a deeply flawed woman briefly beloved by Jesus.)

www.rot...
ten.com/
library/death/execution/crucifixion/
CRUCIFIXION AND JESUS
"There are some interesting clues in the Bible on the subject. The New Testament states rather specifically that Christ's legs were not broken while he was on the cross. This is significant because the breaking of the legs would lead to rapid death, due to the aforementioned suffocation.

"The theories all boil down to something more or less like this: Jesus was crucified, most likely at the behest of his political/religious enemies. Enter the Essenes, an ancient sect of monks and healers once led by John the Baptist. (Some historical evidence suggests Jesus may also have been an Essene.)

"Working together, the Essenes, Mary Magdalene and the Apostles paid the Romans to look the other way while they removed Jesus, still alive, from the cross. They took him to a quiet location (the tomb purchased by Joseph of Arimathea) and treated his wounds by wrapping him in a linen cloth soaked in the medicines of the day, such as aloe and myrrh.

"These drugs helped keep Jesus alive and in more or less three days, he recovered from his injuries. The cloth picked up an imprint of his body and wounds (this has been recreated in a modern lab setting), due to the medicines used and his blood and bodily secretions, and the cloth was saved.

"Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child. As the tale of Christ's miraculous resurrection spread, the secret of the child and the evidence of the cloth were closely guarded, and Mary eventually emigrated to France with the kid.

"A society formed to protect these secrets. The secret of the bloodline and Christ's survival eventually became known as the Holy Grail, and the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR WERE EVENTUALLY IN CHARGE OF PROTECTING THE SECRETS, including the knowledge of Christ's descendents, who would later be a French royal lineage known as the Merovingian line, and the cloth, which became known as the Shroud of Turin."

(I'm more partial to the theory that Jesus and Mary Magdalene went to France/Gaul together, possibly with some of the Apostles. It makes no sense that she'd go to France alone, leaving a believed-dead Christ - who was never seen again - in the Holy Land in hiding. Although the above theory would have both obscured Jesus' trip to France/Gaul, AND sanitized Mary Magdalene's scandalous tryst to have a child by another man.

(I'm also not sold that the Shroud of Turin was really Christ's shroud, since repeated tests have dated it to only the Middle Ages. What IS apparent, however, is that it had definitely covered a highly spiritual man who had also been murdered.)

edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: trying to get link to work

edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: trying to get link towork

edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: trying to get link to work

edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

edit on 10-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I can't find any reference to this "lost gospel" that was found...

Everything goes back to this as the source:

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

Which only says that a book is coming out claiming that Jesus Married Mary Magdalene and that they had children...That was basically Divinci Code.

All this seems to be is a ploy to sell a book...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

thought i'd through this in to keep his work suspect.

Finding Atlantis Jacobovici was involved in the production of a documentary shown in March 2010 on the National Geographic Channel in which he claimed that Atlantis has been found in Spain, and has said that evidence found by University of Hartford Professor Richard Freund includes the unearthed emblem of Atlantis, and the biblical angle that has been largely overlooked.[34]
Simcha Jacobovici

like i said interesting, but leaves a little to be desired.

edit on 10-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It is odd that a documentary is apparently set to be released as well.

That said, I found reports that all this is based on 'The Ecclesiastical History of Zacharias Rhetor (of Mytilene)', if that helps at all.

rt.com...
edit on 10-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The story of Joesph predates the supposed birth of Jesus by hundreds of years...

biblehub.com...

I am now thinking this is definitely a sham to sell a book. I found that the "Lost Gospel" is actually a document that has already been translated. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

Also, Asenath was not a prostitute, but a daughter of a priest of Egypt...Joseph was supposedly a very high ranking Egyptian official, second only to Pharaoh.
edit on 10-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Actually having premarital sex or children out of wedlock was NOT against Judaic teachings. Pretty much all religious views having to do with premarital sex and children out of wedlock came after the year 1500 AD. The only problem with bastard children was they were not allowed inheritance and family lines did not flow through them.

These are the only sins that were viewed of sex. Anything else was invented by humans:

www.biblegateway.com...

There is nothing there about premarital sex or having children out of wedlock.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The gospel of Judas is a good read, and actually holds more weight from a possible authenticity standpoint than anything that will come of this book.

Keep in mind though, that the teachings of the Gospel of Judas are conveniently in line with Gnostic teachings, and it was probably written by Gnostics as the earliest copy of it can only be traced back to a couple hundred years after Judas would have died.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Another manuscript to muddy the waters even more, HUGE SURPRISE THERE. Lol

Why can't we just listen to his words instead of focusing on the life and events around those words.

Love your neighbor as yourself and treat others as you would want to be treated, why is anything else even important? Oh yeah, they WANT us to argue and complain over unimportant stuff instead of focusing on what really matters. Maybe there's a reason one of these things pop up every couple of years.
edit on 11/10/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Why do you think the Holy Roman Empire wiped out the Cathars? The Gnostic teachings are probably a whole lot closer to the mark than the Vaticans current hogwash regarding what transpired. End of the day it's all organised religious misinformation based on a book written by Men with all their insecurities, fallibilities and control constructs woven in to the very fabric of the religion. Which is not to say its uninteresting.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Well I commend you for putting out the links for this idea. Just like the OP, it is a more believable account than the account in the Bible. By the way, your third link still isn't working.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

And thanks for sharing Stormdancer777...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Monogamy only became "the law of the land" in order to have lawful heirs, once ownership of land became the dividing line between the "haves" and "have nots". But sex has always been a separate trajectory, and most commoner marriages in the Middle Ages were the result of pregnancy. Illegitimate children in the Middle Ages had difficult lives, starting with the name on their birth recordings. (A last name of "Fitzroy" meant the blood-father-but-not-husband was royalty.)

Sex also had profound influence over early Architecture, since clans/tribes living in one big cave or log-house, resulted in too much incest and friction/rivalry over the more desirable men and women. The earliest cities not only had walls around them, but multi-roomed houses for extended families only.

And for thousands of years, war conquerors considered rape as just part of their war booty. (Which may have been where that pop-culture word "booty" came from.) So unraveling the shifts of DNA thru various cultures, included both consensual and non-consensual sex.

Mary's Virgin Birth has been suspected of being another case of artificial-insemination. Whether this was the result of the advanced-science of the Essenes or ETs, is unknown. But Joseph was well aware that the first child Mary bore was going to be "special." And Yes, he and Mary went on to have other children, some of whom were closely related to Jesus' later ministry (like James).

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree with you. I love me some Gnosticism.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"By the way, your third link still isn't working."

I couldn't get it to work, despite repeated Edits. You have to input the link manually, putting the word "rotten" together and adding the rest of the link on the following lines.

I've had this problem in other forums, where I've tried to post info TPTB don't like.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have always thought it would be funny if Jesus' descendant was a bait salesman, a meth head or in a dodgy 80's style metal band who are rubbish. Or what about some morbidly obese person who has to have one side of their dilapidated trailer cut open so they can lift them out with a forklift and take them to hospital while they feebly complain about missing the X-factor on the TV that night.

I think when we imagine the descendants of Jesus Christ we tend to envisage some noble, wise and spiritual person with good cheekbones.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

But if you believe in Reincarnation, you'd understand how the Soul is most crucial to Spirituality - not bloodlines. The descendants of Jesus thru the Merovingians may all be goof-balls or morons. But someone like Bishop Tutu or Mother Teresa may actually have had the more advanced Souls.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join