It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: daaskapital

Another refreshing thread & concept Daas, well done!

S&F.

It's gotten interesting already, let's see where this heads!

would you find it as interesting if it was a thread claiming outrageous stuff like, Muhammad was actually a homosexual ?

Just saying.......

Most of this stuff in here is outright rejected by researchers............this is a publicity stunt imho

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
i sure hope its true..
anything to shake up the church and believers is cool with me...

im not a religious guy but i would love to get access to the vaticans vaults and catacombs....you know there is some good stuff down there

So rather then being in favor of truth, youre more in favor of just causing discontent.......

That seems objective

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Actually no where in the bible does it say that Mary Magdelen was a prostitute.....just saying

I know. I'm only relaying information. I'm not really dedicated to any one religion, so i try to avoid having many hard opinions on these topics.

Beyond that, I dont know to ME that this is really much of a surprise.......most pious people at the time did have children....

Yeah, i'm not so surprised either. Jesus was around a many long years, and much of his life isn't documented. Hell, he could have slain dragons during his early adulthood for all we know, lol.

2. It also doesnt surprise me that they would have kept this secret, they wanted to crucify the kids father, it only makes sense to keep it secret that he had children in order to keep them alive......

Yes, i do agree. If one is to also seriously consider the content of this 'lost gospel', it states that there was an assassination attempt on Mary Magdalene and her (and Jesus') children. If true, it would only add to the need for secrecy.
edit on 10-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Muhammad raped a 13 year old and it's true, this is a load of crap with no proof lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I ask of you not to derail the thread, please. Muhammad has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and if you really want to go down the proof route, i'm fairly sure we can say that Jesus isn't the messiah since his virgin birth or resurrection can't be proven.

The arguments of 'proof' are futile in these situations. Rather, we must look at historicity and evidence in order to presume whether or not a text is legitimate.
edit on 10-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Who'd of thunk the Enquirer has been around so long... :p Surely there was a reference to the Kardashians in this lost gospel?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
these 2 elements pop out at me...

originally posted by: nukedog
It's remarkable that this thing has been translated for 160 years and as soon as a film maker g
ets a hold of it, it's suddenly full of all kinds of cool stuff.

originally posted by: daaskapital
Here is further information on the material:

"...this new book focuses on a story to be found in a manuscript dating back to 570 AD and written in Syriac — a Middle Eastern literary language used between the 4th and 8th centuries and related to Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.

Written on vellum — treated animal skin — it had been in the archives of the British Library for about 20 years, where it was put after the British Museum had originally bought it in 1847 from a dealer who said he had obtained it from the ancient St Macarius Monastery in Egypt."

sure the existing manuscript could be a surviving, later copy of an original collaboration by the other 4 gospel authors (Matt/Mark/Like/John)

sure the Virgin Mary might have actually been a 'redeemed' - made whole again- former Prostitute known as Mary the Magdellen....
which would fit well with the Maverick Jewish Priest (self proclaimed at that) named Jesus son-of-Joseph, who was on a myrtyrdom role by the cult of Nazarene-Essenes to enact a living play of the enigmatic conflict between goodness-&-Evil

Jesus, of the line of Joseph, through the lineage of David, only claimed himself as a Teacher (Rabbi) but not Annointed..
it is still unresolved that the conception of Jesus was not by the insemmenation of Mary by a time-traveling-or-high tech Angel with the 'Seed' of King David to begin with...

this lost religion oriented manuscript may indeed be a 'coded' revelation of the actual life encounters of Jesus & Mary
(after she became are Virgin, once more... through the forgiveness of Sin and the mystical powers of Jesus...)
edit on th30141563021010362014 by St Udio because: idontknow

edit on th30141563124310542014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The difference being that Jesus having children is plausible.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute"

I guess nobody is perfect, or so it seems! LoL

Actually, if we play within the current ruleset of Christianity, and use this new information as an addendum, it means that the definition of perfection has changed.

If Jesus was/is perfect, then anything Jesus did was perfection personified. Changing what Jesus did changes morality for Christians, it doesn't discredit Jesus.

Not that it matters, a good portion of these people think its the literal word of God, but doesn't think he actually meant things like, "It's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven", and "Feed the poor."

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
as for this: "Not that it matters, a good portion of these people think its the literal word of God, but doesn't think he actually meant things like, "It's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven"...
"

well.... I ask you to consider the DNA gnome of a camel could very easily pass through the eye-of-a-needle...with lots of space all around that "camel'

we don't need to physically puree a camel to make that analogy moot... just do the DNA essence of 'camel' to accomplish the task
edit on th30141563093310482014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Again it has to be pointed out the text does directly associate Joseph with Messianic expectation and any comparison to the role of Jesus is a valid one in the symbolic sense, there were a lot of elements in the story that made it into the Western esoteric tradition such as the Princess in the tower, Aseneth, and her relationship to the Pleiades, in some ways not a bad thing drawing attention to a text which few trouble to read.

And seven virgins had the remaining seven rooms, one each. And they used to wait on Aseneth, and were of the same age as she was, for they were all born on the same night as Aseneth; and they were very beautiful, like the stars of heaven, and no man or boy had ever had anything to do with them.

And how will Joseph, the son of God, regard me, for I have spoken evil of him? Where can I flee and hide myself, for he sees everything, and no secret is safe with him, because of the great light that is in him?

No literal information regarding the life of Jesus involved then, but as was noted in the margins the apocryphal work does give good insight, particularlry with regards to expectations of a Josephic rather than Davidic Messiah.

And Joseph was wearing a marvellous white tunic, and the robe wrapped around him was purple, made of linen woven with gold: there was a golden crown on his head, and all round the crown were twelve precious stones, and above the stones twelve golden rays; and a royal sceptre was in his right hand.

Apocalyptic imagery in Joseph and Aseneth.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My first thought on this is if they can prove Jesus descendant bloodline is that many many ATS members who post daily how Jesus was made up/fairy tales etc will need to immediately re-evaluate their entire existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Question for you. What makes the account in the bible more believable to you? To me, the idea that Jesus married a woman (and being poor, marrying a prostitute isn't unheard of) and fathered two children is VASTLY more believable than Jesus being a virgin who abstained from sex to preach the gospel as an extension of god.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I see no problem. Jesus was all about the poor and downtrodden, ie the masses. He knew the power of the masses and thst is a big part of whatbscared the authorities. The "son of god" did not have any interest in rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful in fact he basically turned his back on them.

Besides, my mother was a prostitute, and my daddy was a pimp, her pimp to be exact. She never prostituted again after she got pregnant. Or, I guess, or at least I'd imagine, when she Found out she was pregnant... but anyway, my mother was the most loving, caring, non judgemental person you could imagine. So, as you could imagine, life was not easy for her in this dog eat dog world... But she never let it change her. She was there for anyone who needed a friend, she was like a mother to all of my friends, and girlfriends.

One of my friends or girlfriends would call the house asking for me, and sometimes I would not be home, and instead of getting off the phone like a normal person, they would stay on the phone talking for up to an hour or sometimes more, and I would hear about it later.

That's not to put prostitution on a pedestal, but you have to realize that very few prostitutes chose that way of life. They are some of thee most stepped on people in the world, and in the most need of love and understanding. I guess Christ went to where he was needed most. They are still people and still deserving of love. A lot of times, when their family discovers what they are doing for a living, their first reaction is to completely and utterly disown them and totally cut them out of their life, which is one of the most anti-Christly things someone could do and the opposite of what would help them.

But a lot of times, people are not interested in helping. They are more concerned with protecting their own reputation and preserving their image. They are thinking "what would so and so think if they found out i was friends with or a family member to, a hooker??" And they go into damage control mode which involves erasing said person from their life so that they can preserve their image and have a chance to succeed in the beast system of dog eat dog.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Several things that everyone tends to forget when it comes to Jesus:

1) He was born in a time where speaking or committing a heresy would have been punishable by death.
2) Jesus was born of Jewish parents, and subject to Jewish laws and customs. It means that he would have been expected to and would have had a wife and to father children, like his parents before him and them before them.
3) As he was a teacher, and a rabbi. So that is a good indication that he would have been married and had children, if not had his wife chosen for him, and then arranged and had to have had children with her.

We should not be surprised that the obvious is so often overlooked, rather than the truth be put out. The virgin birth, that is a leap of faith, but to think that Joseph and Mary did not get down with it after the birth, well that is hypocrisy. Mary, was wed to Joseph, she would have been expected to perform as his wife, including what would have been expected of her in the bedroom.

The interesting note on all of this, is that Joseph was chosen for 2 reasons. 1) He was not poor, but was a man of means and wealth. 2) He was older than Mary, and was not expected to survive for too long after the wedding, but did. He even had children from a prior marriage, one of whom traveled with him and Mary, and Jesus for a bit.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
My first thought on this is if they can prove Jesus descendant bloodline is that many many ATS members who post daily how Jesus was made up/fairy tales etc will need to immediately re-evaluate their entire existence.

YUP, This can't be true, Jesus never existed.

If he was married, which I think may be possible , but not because of this article, I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
saw this name and had to stop, Simcha Jacobovici.
this guy has some theories that are interesting. but some of the ways he sets out to prove them well i think leaves a little to be desired.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Well said post there mate. I happen to be of the opinion that prostitution should be 100% legal. That way the industry can be regulated (ex: periodic STD testing), pimping would be gotten rid of, and these women would be better taken care of. But it seems society likes to shun the things it disproves of instead of helping them out as you so nicely put it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
as for this: "Not that it matters, a good portion of these people think its the literal word of God, but doesn't think he actually meant things like, "It's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven"...
"

well.... I ask you to consider the DNA gnome of a camel could very easily pass through the eye-of-a-needle...with lots of space all around that "camel'

we don't need to physically puree a camel to make that analogy moot... just do the DNA essence of 'camel' to accomplish the task

Not really, but then again, there are people that, while commanded by God to cover their hair, shave their heads and wear wigs.

It's called missing the point.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If this extremely subjective material is objective then would that mean his bloodline has lasted, 1 wonders?

Interesting data share...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join