It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN declares arms trade treaty to go into effect Dec 24

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

On its official website, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (yes, that’s really a thing and yes, it is housed right here in the United States) announced that the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) “will enter into force on 24 December 2014.” Merry Christmas! It is ironical that on the day before the world’s 2.18 billion Christians commemorate the coming of Jesus Christ to the Earth, the United Nations will officially put into motion a plan to deny them of a right given to them by the very God whose birth they celebrate. For those unfamiliar with the text of the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty, here’s a brief sketch of the most noxious provisions: • Article 2 of the treaty defines the scope of the treaty’s prohibitions. The right to own, buy, sell, trade, or transfer all means of armed resistance, including handguns, is denied to civilians by this section of the Arms Trade Treaty. • Article 3 places the “ammunition/munitions fired, launched or delivered by the conventional arms covered under Article 2” within the scope of the treaty’s prohibitions, as well. • Article 4 rounds out the regulations, also placing all “parts and components” of weapons within the scheme.

Link
Great on Christ-mas of all days what a bummer o well this should be interesting ...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Who are the United Nations? Thats how much I care about them.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Same here I have an idea but could care less what there motives are...a reply to: EaglesFan

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In the case of the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty, there is no doubt that regardless of presidential signatures or congressional consent, this treaty cannot pass constitutional muster and therefore will never be the valid law of the land.

Well, thats good. Not that they won't keep trying to subjugate everything and everyone.

Like they'll declare guns are illegal and then after the furor calms down they'll then say, Don't worry we aren't taking your guns, just that magazine, that ammo and that there thingy…

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This treaty in many of its articles is repugnant to the Constitution.
It is therefore not only not enforceable, but null and void here.
Those who own the UN can attempt to enforce the treaty, and
probably will to their direct peril. We know who they are.

link   
We are a sovereign nation. How can anything the UN passes affect us since our Constitution supersedes any treaties or agreements that would conflict with the second amendment? I know I am probably being naive, but any international restrictions on guns would be illegal by default in the US.

link   

"...all means of armed resistance..."?

They don't even bother to hide the fact that it's all about eliminating RESISTANCE to something do they? What might they have in store for us that folks may choose to resist?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Funny I don't remember the bible saying anything about God giving everyone guns. So what if it's Christmas not all religions celebrate it Christians need to remember they are not the only religion in the world. If you want to buy a gun buy American help to keep jobs at home.
edit on 9-11-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Arguably, the Arms Trade Treaty would become the law of the United States if the Senate were to ratify the treaty.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We are a sovereign nation. How can anything the UN passes affect us since our Constitution supersedes any treaties or agreements that would conflict with the second amendment? I know I am probably being naive, but any international restrictions on guns would be illegal by default in the US.

Show in the Constitution where it says anything about your legal right to buy weapons from foreign nations. It just says bear arms which Americans are fully capable of doing plenty of weapons are made here in America.
edit on 9-11-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not saying it'll happen just interesting that they would even attempt this it's HIGHLARIOUS!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Unless, of course, Americans once again acquiesce to President Obama’s assumption of illegal authority and relinquish their rights and weapons regardless of the reasons they should not do so.

That's the scariest part the Obama Aid drinking fools....

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Link 1
Man I'm on fire today
Link 2

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

There's a particular brand of "kool aid" that's good for you? Which brand do you espouse instead of the Obama brand?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So you don't have the right to defend yourself?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that anything the UN does has no bearing on what takes place within the borders of the United States. There is no absolutely no chance, right now, that the senate would even consider to approve a treaty or any legislation that would block buying and selling from parties within the United States. That's not what this UN treaty does however. It only applies to international purchasing and selling.

But all in all, the UN can take their anti-firearm agenda and shove it.
edit on 11/9/2014 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Obama is exploring all avenues.

Don't think he isn't.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The right to bear arms is not a god given right.
And Xmas is not Christ's birthday either.
UN cant take the guns but that is cause of the constitution not cause of god

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The UN should not get any funding from the US. Enough is enough......agenda 21. This is what TPTB want read it and understand what the future will hold if we do not see the truth.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I'm pretty sure that anything the UN does has no bearing on what takes place within the borders of the United States. There is no absolutely no chance, right now, that the senate would even consider to approve a treaty or any legislation that would block buying and selling from parties within the United States. That's not what this UN treaty does however. It only applies to international purchasing and selling.

But all in all, the UN can take their anti-firearm agenda and shove it.

If the US passes or does not pass the treaty either way would be for symbolic reasons. The treaty is mostly a copy of US law anyway. If it passed nothing the us does would change and if it did not nothing the US does would change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join