It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN declares arms trade treaty to go into effect Dec 24

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Can't have an armed public if you want to take their stuff. Kill dissent by disarming the masses. That's probably why. People need to tell others on a mass scale that the road to hell is paved with good intentions before it's too late.

Do not go gently into that good night.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
It's obvious no one has read the treaty and are merely going off what the OP is saying... It mentions nothing about "armed resistance" and deals only with the export of arms, not the internal regulations.

But hey, this is ATS, what does the truth matter when you can just go off half cocked about bollocks?

Link to Treaty

I agree with your premise,, but your premise depends on the nature and the truthful representaion of what the treaty says, and how it is implemented. And with the way Obama makes things happen in spite of what any document says , just shows that a piece of paper called the UN small arms treaty is only a small doorway to be used by his team of oath breaking scumbags, to create new and exciting ways for him to take from you, that which so many in our short past, have given their lives and blood to protect you from.

But hey, this is ATS, what does the truth TRULY matter when you ignore all the warning signs of such a massive effort to turn the country into a GULAG, like it is already quickly progressing into? I'm sure our current population of Ostriches would continue to ignore the true and present danger though.
edit on 10-11-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Beg to differ on that Mr Spad that would mean that the UN is implementing law in USA which thus what do we have a costitution for also who makes desicions in the UN so we are to allow them to dictate our law to thier liking...a reply to: MrSpad

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Does anyone really think that our government is not slowly destroying our Constitution? This action will not be the big thing that will take weapons from the people, but it will be a foot in the door to do so in the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I agree every day they take a hammer and chisel to the constitution thats why they are pushing this treaty...a reply to: JHumm

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

There are many non-violent uses for guns, some people collect them, others use them for many target shooting sports. The love of guns has nothing to do with the desire for power, they are a great tool with many uses. In regards to hunting while a bow and arrow would work fine in many cases there are equally as many cases where a gun is better, for example a farmer getting rid of pests especially if there are a bunch of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Guns were an essential right because They were used to defend the families of and members of the first American army that law was enacted by the forefather's JUST IN CASE America was to ever be threatened again WHETHER foreign or Domestic now lets be realistic with each other say this passes by some miracle.., Do you think the criminals are going to give up there guns?? Do you think that they dont have guns stashed.. another thing ATS is always complaining on police brutality ok so what happens when the officers know the good people no longer have guns have you guys ever seen response times for Pd's to respond to a crime o hey maybe well get some "WASP SPRAY" like the media advises or your keys to set off alarms lol its a joke to think that the disarmament of America will solve problems lol..
edit on 10-11-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

UN treaties and anything they say does not trump the Constitution, so like others on here say--who cares?

We need to move the UN off out of our borders and remove our nation from its membership. The creation of the UN is a pockmark on the history of the US. (one of many, unfortunately, but I never claim our country is perfect)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As sweet as that sounds itll never happen..a reply to: SlapMonkey

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Im sorry im really groggy right now and this is the first ive seen of this. What does this mean for an everyday US citizen who otherwise is allowed to own firearms? Does this mean i cant get any firearm or ammo after this date period or whats the deal? Sorry if its already been explained im fighting a hellaious cold and bearly can keep focus

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Drkguardian

no change other than it may take a bit more paperwork to import guns but i'm sure the big importers already have the paperwork sorted, so buy American guns and ammo and job done

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Thanks for posting the link to the treaty. I recommend that everyone posting read the 12 pages in the treaty. Having just read it myself I would broaden your definition of what the treaty covers. In my view there are 3 main areas that it covers: 1) Arms Exports 2) Arms Imports and 3) Ammunition / Arms Tracking Systems by (International) State controlled by the UN.

My gut reaction after reading it is that the treaty is more about maintaining the arms monopolies of large defense contractors that currently exist than about gun confiscation. It also creates legal justifications to bully individual States (countries) to stop exporting arms to other States that the UN (I.e. USSA) has sanctioned or embargoed.

They specifically mention export / import of arms "parts" which tells me that the arms manufacturers are very much afraid of 3D printing of gun parts and want to restrict this to hobbyists.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I agree with your sentiment here. When fraud, Ponzi schemes and psyops are the norm expect more of the same.

However I agree with stumason that this treaty is not about domestic gun confiscation. As I posted above it covers Exports, Imports and Tracking of Production. Where it affects us domestically will be around one's ability to 3D Print gun parts and export them. Also I think we will soon find that ammo for that Russian / Hungarian / Bulgarian / etc. AK-47 will soon be unavailable in the USSA.

What is amusing is that if this Treaty had been in force since 2001 then the UN could have restricted all of the USSA weapons deployments globally for the last 13 years. What's that, the USSA has veto power in the UN? Never mind.

link   
Screw the UN, it is a failure.

link   
Screw the UN, it is a failure.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Haha, "member of the Crown", what a load of old bollocks. And I'm not "misinforming" anybody, that's your doing. It's quite clear what this Treaty is about and it has bugger all to do with taking away your oh so precious guns.

And I never lost any right to this debate for two reasons:

1. It's an international Treaty
  2. This is ATS, an international discussion board.

So, as they say in merry old England, wind your neck in.
edit on 10/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The United Nations will officially put into motion a plan to deny them of a right given to them by the very God...

Lol, sorry to burst anyone's bubble but if there's a god he doesn't give a s*** if you get to own a gun or not.

The ridiculousness of my fellow humans embarrasses me.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've never understood those who equate having a gun with being free.

The US is a toilet.

Perhaps everyone should be open to making some changes.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lol seems you are not to keen on reading mate i listed my concerns after reading the full treaty but it seems someone was to busy powdering his wig this argument excludes you in the sense that this is happening in a state where we actually stand up for our rights and dont allow our government to step on us like roaches you remind me of piers snot morgan your just another brit sticking his nose were it doesnt belong sir good day!!! ,a reply to: stumason

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This subject, The UN Small Arms Trade Treaty, is the reason I joined ATS.

This is the "nudge", folks. This is the foot in the door.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join