It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomoly. I think I found something interesting.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post on here, so excuse me if this has been posted before, but I have just recently started going through all the pictures that Curiosity has taken on Mars, and I think I found something pretty interesting.

Here is the link to the original pictured posted on the NASA site.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And below is the picture. It almost looks like there is a large handle on the top of the object.

Again, I'm sorry if this has been posted already, I couldn't find it anywhere in recent posts. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnstoppableDestroyer

i see a black cat with its head turned slightly so you see just one of its ears.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here it is kind of zoomed in, but it starts to get blurry. Im no expert at photoshop or anything. Maybe someone can help.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Welcome...very intriguing photo.
It almost looks like a fallen tree trunk.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Got to admit... normally when i view these kind of posts i only see rocks... Even after they circle the "object" put big red arrows, change the contrast, etc. i still just see rocks...

I do see a lot of rocks... but i do see "something" i dont know that its not natural.. but looks almost like a piece of scrap metal thats been heavily weathered/rusted. And old pipe/drain... or something.

nice find.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting, but I noticed something even more interesting in the original photo. If you look to the right and zoom in, it looks like something mechanical lying on the floor, Near the top of the slope.

Sorry not very tech savvy, so unable to crop or highlight what I mean. Maybe you can help out with this?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

lol I saw it too. I'll try to upload it right now!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's a fascinating photograph, not just the object you highlighted. It's strange to see such a large dark stone all by itself.

But there are other things too - what is that ridge of blue stones near the top left? Then there's what looks like burned-out dinghy below the sand dune. At other places there are two or three stones piles on top of each other. All the flat white pieces of stone look like shards of fibreglass, while the blue stones are more circular. I'm wondering why there is a difference?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you are referring to the large dark "blob" structure, I think it's just a rock. The rock is only about 1/3 of the "blob", the rest is shadow - cast "downhill" on the dune the rock is resting by.

At least, that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I think this is it. I thought it interesting too. And nice find too OP.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi

I think this is it. I thought it interesting too. And nice find too OP.

Yes, that's it.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I think I noticed it, as well.
Yup. that's it.
Thanks for posting that.
edit on 6-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok i see the tree trunk looking thing now

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is an older picture of a rock (it was later filmed from another angle and its rockiness was evident - no handle on top), and at the time of its 'discovery' earlier this year was a very prominent image not only on ATS but on other internet sites, including youtube.
edit on 6-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That exact circle of rocks...to the right of the 'fallen tree trunk'...and down to the bottom of the slope, by the edge of the dune is interesting, as well.

After further research...I think it might be the same circle of rocks (seen from a different angle) shown here:
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I figured this was already posted. Thanks for the info!!

a reply to: Aleister

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

The 'handle' appears to be a rock in the background

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
wow, a lot to see in that pic,,, almost wouldsay it lookslike a temple site post Nuke... Mars has beenwar related in many ancient cultures for some reason... great find!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
double
edit on 6-11-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Its late and all, but that sand dune is just insane. I can't seriously be the only one that sees a problem with the blurry shading on that. I'm not suggesting anything other than "it looks odd", that's my takeaway from this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join