It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Empty Verses: As Above, So below.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I seem to appear,
At the end of the rear,
Of each page that gets posted.

I hope those who feel roasted,
Find they are toasted,
By the derriere.

I have exhausted my purpose,
Of dumping my surplus,
Of trivial to and fro.

I thank the prose,
Of you who pose,
But it's time I go.

If I write my cure,
I will for sure,
Annoy the pure.

If any of this has rung,
Your inner spring sprung,
I've spoken my central sung.
edit on 2014:11:8 by ErgoTheAbsurd because:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What you put out, is what you get.
No good deed goes unpunished, while no evil deed goes un rewarding.
Every action, has it opposite reaction.

Lets say in a mythological tone of voice, we are dependent on some fictional Gods decisions, as much as those Gods are as dependent on our decisions.

Its seems to be a Karmic standpoint.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I don't have much to add to this coversation, apart from the fact that the first time I heard anything similar to this saying, was when I was attempting to learn how to speak to the otherside a good few years back. The exact words I heard were "as it is below it is above". Imgaine my surprise when more recently I googled these words to discover that this saying has been well known and repeated for many a year.

Given the context of the conversation I was attempting to have at the time, I understood it to mean that up there is very much like down here, which actually fits my beliefs perfectly, I suspect that the last laugh is had when we die and wake up in a new life very similar to the set up on earth.

Hey there eccentric lady:

I would likely like you, if your name fits you.
LOL

You've given me no hope, though, this morning, if your post and experience are surely true, nor even sideways, as then all sides would be informed exactly the same damned way.
regards, which means I am both considerate of you, and looking toward all possible sides including in front,
tetra
I am editing to say I would have hoped the other sides, and/or at least one of them was using some other search engine other than google, like bing or something. lol
edit on 8-11-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd

Ergo I hope you aren't a virgo….
for that would make you just like my mother
who likes to smother
and is just like all the others
who hate me

and though you meant to tease
or maybe to appease,
you're nothing at which to sneeze
and have put me at my ease.
as to my pleasure
there is without measure
a regard for you as well as all others
who inhabit the site
and are not at all like my mites
for you've never bitten
nor caused me to wear a mitten
as as not to scratch
the sores i am vexed with,
much like a damned pox
of which long ago I was cursed
by a witch who was versed
in many of the spelling arts
which gave us all the farts.

tetra

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234
a reply to: AlephBet

I wasn't going to paste all that misrepresentated science, but I wanted to correct one grossly incorrect idea that I have seen a lot lately..

"consciousness collapses the wave function"

No, it does not. The act of observing collapses the wavefunction, but not by some jedi mind trick. This could be a laser beam simply determining location of a photon, it isn't consciousness as you (and many quacks) falsely assert.

I hate misrepresentated science, because to the layman it looks like real science.

There are probabilities at our disposal continually. I might choose to eat, or go to sleep or move into another room. When I make the choice, the wave function is collapsed from indeterminate to determined.

"Consciousness causes collapse of the wave function and thus actively selects the event observed in the future as an agent choosing among the many possibilities physically represented by the probability distribution imbedded in the quantum wave function."

Explained by a physicist:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

To say that "As above so below" is empty of meaning means you do not know what it means?

I find it interesting that you say when you contemplated the verse you felt shame, say nothing comes to your mind and a foul taste entered your mouth. You then go on to give it the meaning of "astrology" which implies the verse has that meaning to you. Ergo it is not a verse empty of meaning - even to you.

If you do not know and cannot tell us the meaning of the verse (as explained by the 3x brilliant Hermes) then you can honestly only say "I don't know what the verse means" or "The verse is empty of meaning to me".

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Ergo I hope you aren't a virgo….

I'm the dumbing of the Age of Aquarius,
Which leaves me quite aware of us,
Without the proof of the truth of our cross.

who hate me

I honestly can not hate,
I merely honestly masturbate,
I relate, your fate, via my state.

and though you meant to tease
or maybe to appease,
you're nothing at which to sneeze

We birds of a feather,
Flock together,
And find ways to weather.

and have put me at my ease.

Creation is culpable,
For all that is capable,
Who seek the trivial.

as to my pleasure
there is without measure
a regard for you as well as all others

The primary crime,
Of your sublime,
Is to contemplime beyond the slime.

who inhabit the site
and are not at all like my mites
for you've never bitten

There truly are,
Minds who prefer the far,
Out rejection of the Zahr.

Though he may be right,
In his might,
We offer an insight to his plight.

nor caused me to wear a mitten
as as not to scratch
the sores i am vexed with,

You are smitten,
With what you've written,
I scratch your back,
For as long as I'm flummoxed.

much like a damned pox
of which long ago I was cursed
by a witch who was versed
in many of the spelling arts
which gave us all the farts.

Why do you care,
What some wild hair,
Demands of your flair?

The only reason,
She affects your season,
Is she truthfully declares.

Some manner of your self,
You've placed on a shelf,
Hoping to shove it to despair.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Dear Ergo:

I'm not sure what to do with that.

Nor this, what was just at the bottom of my browser screen, but that disappeared as soon as I put the cursor near it:
"Run script: " (@@)" : I may have left something out but it was in quotations, and there were parenthesis, but I may have left something out. But I have absolutely NO idea what it means, which is a little dangerous, as I continue to use this computer and it may be doing things without my knowledge…..

Anyway, back to your musings and poetry that makes me not sure of the meaning…that's the trouble with symbols and communicating, I find, though I indulged in the poetry with that risk, just like communicating with a computer, which we all do, as anything can be piped into it, via the modem which is two way street like all communication, unless one is tied up and gagged, which I'm not suggesting that be done to anyone, even to the computer.
(Can a machine have intent? interesting question, that..)

as to flummoxed, I get that you're confused, just by your avatar, even without your musings. So, apparently, am I, frequently. But this part has me really concerned:

Why do you care,
What some wild hair,
Demands of your flair?

The only reason,
She affects your season,
Is she truthfully declares.

Some manner of your self,
You've placed on a shelf,
Hoping to shove it to despair.

I truly care, because I am suffering, and I think someone/something is making it that way. It isn't just happenstance, or of my own creation (the suffering, though there may be an endeavor to seem to make it thus.) Whomever here you regard by "she," has not, I don't think, been truthful, at all. But you've given a "she," there for consideration, and a "truth," to be considered, and further communication about that is somewhat dangerous, as well, as I don't know what truth is being referred to, nor whom she may be. But the despair, as well as the suffering, is mine, and I don't think it's because anyone has been truthful about me, otherwise, I wouldn't be suffering so.
tetra

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The Empty Verses:

AS ABOVE

SO BELOW

Thrice great? Thrice awful!

Above and below what? What “one thing” is that? We will never know, because they never tell us, but if other Hermetic texts are any indication—yeah we get the idea. People have guessed and conjectured for thousands of years on what this “hidden wisdom” might mean. No end nor result but the squandering of time, but it is no less an axiom of those who wish their withins were without, that the spiritual world and the material world were somehow one. Or to others, it is a macrocosm/microcosm sort of thing, as if the lines we draw through things in our minds had any real existence. Unfortunately, that which is above is nothing like that which is below. I mean, take a look. I’ve climbed enough mountains to know that If I were to go any higher, I would not live for very long. I love to swim, but the same, if not worse, could be said about that which is below.

Scientifically it is without explanatory power. Logically it is contradictory. Rhetorically it is fallacious. Aesthetically, it is boring. At this point it doesn’t even matter, and one might lose his mind—or worse, become more seduced by it—if he wonders any longer. As with all attempts at this obscene sort of wisdom, it becomes its own content, it uses itself to argue itself, with zero connection to anything other than what it attempts to say; it is like a whirlpool from which there is no spiritual escape, or better yet, a toilet.

In terms of profundity? ...Well it sounds profound, and sometimes that is all that matters.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

Just throw aliens into there,

Because they thought that the gods flew around on cheriots during those times.

Both the greeks and the Egyptians. *Because well the greeks were the Egyptians, and before then they were the babylonians*

As above so below implies that the unity and power in heaven manifests itself through us and our society. Heaven is the Stars. Not any set constellation persay, tho we relied on tracking the stars to know the years and changes in seasons.

So stories were given to them to make them important. Orion dips above and below the horizon. It is usually the main focus of all cultures because of this.

When we see Orion we know it's Winter is coming. Depending on where you are standing it will dip along the Horizon During the summer periods. And during the winter periods Orion climbs higher into our point of view for the majority of the human population. The crux constellation or the Cross constellation hangs with the sun and sinks with it on December.
So the stars and the stories we give them are important to agriculture as well as our festivals and ceremonies/rituals.

As above so below. Dictates how we maintain a flow with society. As the Earth spins it gives us 24 Hours of time, As the Earth wabbles it gives us Seasons. And by tracking the stars it makes it Easier to know our latitude. Without the stars it would be incredibly lonely.

Sure the sentence does draw upon some sacred wisdom but its also just very obvious.

Now with electronic clocks its much easier to track time. Satellites ect. Back then people used sun Dials. So....

It's understandable. Some days you wouldn't even know what time it was. It's not like you could look at your wrist dial and guess the time.

It's not like you could ask the emperor to check his Iphone for the time.

Back then knowing the time was very important to organization. Some days they had no idea what time it was because sometimes it gets really cloudy. And a sun dial won't work. So they put holes in rocks and judged by how bright the holes are to guess the time.... Well i guess it works but w.e. It's not a garentee. And trying to peering at stars through a hole is also very difficult.

How the alignment was drawn up for the pyramids an and the *star shafts* is beyond me.

To me the star shafts are Exhaust vents. Because the Pyramid is a Machine.
But that's just my belief.

But yeah the ultimate desire for humanity is for our creators to rebuild society into an super advanced paradise. Because back then people lacked the modern *necessities*. But yeah i agree with a lot you said about it just being dribble. Quotes upon quotes where the understanding is lost in complexity. Just take it for what it is. Religions delt with alien gods. These alien gods told us to track the stars, So we did. And we have been tracking ever since. Praying that the aliens gods will bring their advanced lifestyles and technology to us. Saving humanity from itself. The end.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Dear Ergo:

Admit you are out of your depth,
And accept,
I am a shallow precept.

I'm at a bit of a loss,
For I don't wish to be dross,
But you bring forth challenging loss.

Please give me some time,
To consider a non-rhyme,
That acknowledges your agenda prime.

At the end of the day,
What we have to say,
Will always have sway.

Some butcher of life,
Will always create strife,
Where success is rife.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Dear Ergo:

30 something year old human male dude here.

Nothing need be done. That said, I understand what you mean.

Nor this, what was just at the bottom of my browser screen, but that disappeared as soon as I put the cursor near it:
"Run script: " (@@)" : I may have left something out but it was in quotations, and there were parenthesis, but I may have left something out. But I have absolutely NO idea what it means, which is a little dangerous, as I continue to use this computer and it may be doing things without my knowledge…..

I write code, I contemplate code, I have even wondered whether the guy at the gas station is phoning my significant other to tell her I'm buying some Sake. I've been full of # every time. However... there is a part of me, which will never die... that will perpetually test the theory that I'm a test subject and therefore every action I make is subject to observation and reportation by "people" I would never otherwise engage with.

There is nothing useful in my comments, except to let you know I'm just as capable of the paranoid point of view as you. Ka-ka-chew.

Anyway, back to your musings and poetry that makes me not sure of the meaning…

To play with and molest words in order to create concepts that stimulate and provoke the daily mind of grind.

that's the trouble with symbols and communicating, I find, though I indulged in the poetry with that risk, just like communicating with a computer, which we all do, as anything can be piped into it, via the modem which is two way street like all communication, unless one is tied up and gagged, which I'm not suggesting that be done to anyone, even to the computer.
(Can a machine have intent? interesting question, that..)

Well... so... uhmm... yeah. If anyone were to assume there was only one interpretation of my versation... they would be sorely mistaken but not forsaken. My writings to you, contain an overt intention with an inner circus tention. My inner circus is for me though, and if you don't find my clowns funny, I won't find your thoughts runny, merely not sunny.

I will honestly say, without any veiled language, my entire purpose, is to be a porpoise of light and amusement.

as to flummoxed, I get that you're confused, just by your avatar, even without your musings. So, apparently, am I, frequently.

Honestly I spend very little time confused. That doesn't mean I know everything, but I am comfortable working with what I do. I'm very comfortable with the understanding that to know something requires not knowing something other. I can't be both an MRA and a Feminist in this modern environment, for example... at least not without a degree of mental gymnastics that seem way more exhausting than getting drunk and posting rhyming bull# on ATS.

But this part has me really concerned:

Oh... now we're getting somewhere worthwhile. I only regret we don't have a double sized pillow to share while chatting.

I truly care, because I am suffering, and I think someone/something is making it that way.

I see. Is there anything you could do? Including a bullet to the skull? Figuratively of course... none of us chatting at this level wish to shoot source.

It isn't just happenstance, or of my own creation (the suffering, though there may be an endeavor to seem to make it thus.) Whomever here you regard by "she," has not, I don't think, been truthful, at all. But you've given a "she," there for consideration, and a "truth," to be considered, and further communication about that is somewhat dangerous, as well, as I don't know what truth is being referred to, nor whom she may be. But the despair, as well as the suffering, is mine, and I don't think it's because anyone has been truthful about me, otherwise, I wouldn't be suffering so.tetra

So let's say we're playing a game. I place the ball in cup A. You see me do so. She sees me do so. Party 3 sees nothing. She says I put the ball in cup B.

What do you feel? How does this affect your relationship with you current life precept?

Does her assertion that the ball is in cup B, really affect your understanding it's in cup A?

Do you fear a friend will believe her over you regarding cup B? If so, doesn't this inform you greatly of your future friendship to be?

It all depends on whether you know where the ball is at all.

When you know it's in cup A you can stand tall and resist with an inspiring wherewithal any assertions otherwise.

However to realize, you don't know where the ball is at all, might reveal your new wise.

I don't know your situation, I only know my infatuation.

With claims to the left, and claims to the right.

I see a useless battle of might.
/hug
edit on 2014:11:8 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: Closing tags.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

originally posted by: dr1234

I wasn't going to paste all that misrepresentated science, but I wanted to correct one grossly incorrect idea that I have seen a lot lately..

"consciousness collapses the wave function"

No, it does not. The act of observing collapses the wavefunction, but not by some jedi mind trick. This could be a laser beam simply determining location of a photon, it isn't consciousness as you (and many quacks) falsely assert.

I hate misrepresentated science, because to the layman it looks like real science.

There are probabilities at our disposal continually. I might choose to eat, or go to sleep or move into another room. When I make the choice, the wave function is collapsed from indeterminate to determined.

"Consciousness causes collapse of the wave function and thus actively selects the event observed in the future as an agent choosing among the many possibilities physically represented by the probability distribution imbedded in the quantum wave function."

Explained by a physicist:

I'm glad you at least found a real scientist to back up that idea, and in that sense it's true... in that same that consciousess makes life because the decision to have sex is made up in the mind before the act. It is still a misrepresentation of what's happening, sorry.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd

hmmm. What I notice the most, is you did nothing nor even attempt to at the "code" I saw at the bottom of my browser. I assume that may mean it's just browser crap….
Other than that, you seem to be what someone recently told me: most people are just getting drunk and trying to get laid. lol.
tetra
eta….more lol, as I just noticed your avatar is the ridge of a potato chip, which seems to make the symbol of infinity. more lol
at least, you make me laugh….and for that I would give you a /hug too.

So at the end, I've this to say, as I just now saw this poem:

Admit you are out of your depth,
And accept,
I am a shallow precept.

I'm at a bit of a loss,
For I don't wish to be dross,
But you bring forth challenging loss.

Please give me some time,
To consider a non-rhyme,

Stop insulting me now. Couched in a rhyme or not, it's still very obviously very much of a friggin' insult.
tetra

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If consciousness causes the wave to collapse, then how on earth did someone ever come up with the "quantum wave function," at all?
regards,
tetra
eta: Don't feel in any way obliged to answer that as it was just silliness on wordplay.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If consciousness causes the wave to collapse, then how on earth did someone ever come up with the "quantum wave function," at all?
regards,
tetra
eta: Don't feel in any way obliged to answer that as it was just silliness on wordplay.

When you read the words on your screen, did I write them the moment you read them or before? Of course, before. Ten years from now, can another user collapse the wave function from the hard drive of the ATS server to read the same words? Reality was written into existence.

The word Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strong) Bet (House). What does the Aleph Bet write? Hint. DNA comprises links of letters in a chain (word).

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Light shining on information is a hologram by definition. The residual self image of my thoughts is in a form of light and information in a space. Time is when you collapse the wave function from the hard drive.

edit on 8-11-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Oddly enough I am not sure if they even have broadband up there, will be sure to ask it i ever get the opportunity to chat again. I have no doubt they struggle to communicate with us, as much as we struggle to communicate with them. Us looking forward to residing in heaven is no different to a child looking forward to being an adult!

Eccentricity is a wonderful quality to live with, some of the time. The only name i could think of that actually fits my personality. people either really really like me, or really really don't lol.

Im shocked to find someone looking for hope here...........;-)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eccentriclady
yeah well it (hope, that is, and I do mean the thing, noun, hope) resides in the strangest places. I surprise myself sometimes, too, in where I'm looking for it, as well.
thanks for answering me without an insulting me--at least I think you didn't. Sometimes it's just really, really obvious….but you know, I'm shallow and out of my depth, and bring people to the point where they are at a loss, evidently. Have a good night, and I do mean just that.
regards,
tetra

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50
my insults tend to be obvious, subtlety is not a concept I can grasp easily. Hope is elusive and never where you expect to find it.

Nowt wrong with being shallow, out of your depth is great if you are learning to doggy paddle.

A good night to you too

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But now I feel awful for just being silly with words, when you are talking about the Word, with a capital, and I do not make fun of nor use that for silliness….
I take it quite seriously, and mean all respect towards that, aleph.
Please do not use this way of communicating to make me look disrespectful to something I hold in high regard. That is patently unfair on many levels, both to the Word, and to me. You need not care about me, but I assume that you care about the Word more than that.
tetra
with regard for you, whether or not you have it for me. And if you claim to be a Christian, you are supposed to have regard for me, for I am just another person, as yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

hmmm. What I notice the most, is you did nothing nor even attempt to at the "code" I saw at the bottom of my browser. I assume that may mean it's just browser crap….

My dad has often asked me to debug things for him remotely, and it's usually impossible without being able to touch and fiddle with the system directly. I don't know what you saw, and don't recognize anything in particular from what you did share.

Other than that, you seem to be what someone recently told me: most people are just getting drunk and trying to get laid. lol.

While I do alter my perceptions with chemicals, it's not a particularly important facet of my being. As for getting laid... I've been my own best friend the vast majority of the time much to the chagrin of some very well meaning people who weren't prepared for my particular brand of repression.

eta….more lol, as I just noticed your avatar is the ridge of a potato chip, which seems to make the symbol of infinity. more lol

Yeah, it's a bit of an outside inside joke.

at least, you make me laugh….and for that I would give you a /hug too.

In truth that's all I'm really here to do, at least in this form of myself. Playing with words.

Stop insulting me now. Couched in a rhyme or not, it's still very obviously very much of a friggin' insult.

If you check again, I was insulting myself. I was attempting to make it clear that my "game" is pretty shallow and you were "out of your depth" meaning you are the deep one and had joined me in the shallow end of the pool.

It is a thread about "empty verses" after all. The entire structure and intent of the thread is about how we so often say things that appear to mean something, but really are closer to mostly empty canvases we project our own meaning onto. Thus all the attempts to make you smile.

If you perceive any ACTUAL meaning in what I have to say, it's entirely because you see it yourself. It doesn't mean I'm not working with the material you provide, but I don't know you and wouldn't begin to honestly try to debug your suffering from afar.

/hug again

edit on 2014:11:9 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join