It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Empty Verses: As Above, So below.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
above and below. they do not exist. hate does not exist. love does not exist. feelings and emotions which are our enemies and friends are like pain. only a perception in everyone's own mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have only a small clue what I am talking about. And they reminded me of foo fighters.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neodruid66
I have only a small clue what I am talking about. And they reminded me of foo fighters.

Most of us have and get by on just a small clue….and have to be content with that when we really aren't but haven't much choice in the matter.
Anyone says they've got beyond that small glimmer is courting disaster, imho, of course.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I like our ability to ascribe our own meaning to symbols and words.
I think it is creative and encourage anyone to explore their depths this way.
I think it is within this sort of mental activity our internal and external worlds meet and weave our experiences.
That is my experience, anyway, and no one is going to be able to convince me to stop ascribing meaning, and no longer value that internal process.

Nor that emotions are the enemy of intellect,
nor that women are only mindless objects for the use of men,
among various other silly notions.......

You do as you wish and will
I choose to remain whole,
above, below, inside and outside, subjectively and objectively, feeling and thinking, receiving and projecting, right and left, in darkness and in light......
edit on 6-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As above, so below.
As with in, so without.
is the complete quote as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Perhaps the earth is an energy filter and children are the seeds that must branch out their thoughts and feelings.
Everything in the universe branches out.

Even Your avatar... (branching out...) What if You cut off a piece of that tree and planted the cut piece 7 miles away, would it be the same tree? If You answered 'Yes' please continue or not (Free Will Zone) If You answered 'No' then have a nice day...

Are You 'Yeses' still here? (it is 'Okay' if You voted 'No' and are still reading....) Doesn't that cutting contain everything that 'made' that original tree? Wood (pun intended) it grow the same or would it's new ecological niche have a bearing on how it grew?

Incoming curveball: What if that tree and everything else We 'think' is "physical" is actually an 'illusion' and what We deem to be an 'illusion' is actually 'real'? Where 'thought' is "real" and the 'physical' is the "illusion"? Where would that be?

Tetra50: I KNEW You'd answer 'Yes' and get this far... What You typed about 'time' being 'linear'.. A short time after My initial 'Epiphany' I was shown that when I'm 'done here' it'll be 1914, so when I read "The Egg" I almost 'snip' I guess it would be 'snipped' My pants...

Interesting thread all the way 'round...

namaste

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Humanity could not survive without the above and below...it is fear that causes safety in flight. It is love that makes us many. I am only trying to get to the bottom of an experience. Maybe I am courting disaster...
The monarch butterly is my favorite. It is a neat trick they perform. There is a chance that could be an analogy to humankind also but I know it has to be measured in some way to be allowed in the human consciousness.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
okay Jim, where you takin' me, cause I'm all done with that nasium. harhar
little early morning banter for those up all night folks….
so, how come you knew I'd get this far, beyond the nonlinear thing….hmmm?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Humanity could not survive without the above and below...it is fear that causes safety in flight. It is love that makes us many. I am only trying to get to the bottom of an experience. Maybe I am courting disaster...
The monarch butterly is my favorite. It is a neat trick they perform. There is a chance that could be an analogy to humankind also but I know it has to be measured in some way to be allowed in the human consciousness.

Newsflash: We are all courting disaster, here. Some may not admit that, but they know it. It's why they're here….they are primarily, or should I say we, here, are adrenalin junkies, if we're anything….
butterflies or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am certain of living life in this reality and passing away at some linear time. I know love is real and hate is real.
They are made real by ourselves. However there is more in the above and below than we can measure.
That is why I say we must feel the energy. I love freewill.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I am happy to answer any questions. The recommendation I would give is deeper meditation with binaural beats...
try to meditate to where you cannot hear the beats. focus only on the energy your brain is turning into thoughts.

That means that you will be thinking.
Try not thinking and only feeling. That is how I met some foo fighters.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am only saying to take in the big picture. What is the humanity anyway? Are we just another species that may go extinct? I know we are not.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You said;

it uses itself to argue itself, with zero connection to anything other than what it attempts to say;

YOU also use yourself to argue your own existence. "I think therefore I am" Using thing to prove thing is a philosophically valid proof in and of itself.

As far as the saying "As above so below" when the entire saying is seen in light of what he was attempting to expound upon in light of the mentality of his day... he was pretty intelligent and progressive for that day if you ask me. But that is me, you might have a different opinion - which is the exciting fact of life, everyone gets to have their own opinion and no one can take yours away.

But as far as many people wanting to sound profound, when the reality is often not so, is a simple fact of life we must learn to live with, shake our heads and move on.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This originally came out of ancestral religions in Mesopotamia. People believed that Earth and the heavens were interconnected, and had a mirror or reflective effect. So if something "big" happened in Space - it would soon be reflected on Earth. And vice versa. Thus kings were careful when and where to start wars, in case it triggered a catastrophic "war in the heavens."

This gave enormous power to the priests, to try and correctly interpret "sky signs", since a war in the heavens might mean a coming war/attack on Earth. (And there IS evidence for nuclear destruction of ancient, pre-historical cities in the Indus Valley and in Mesopotamia.)

Enter the Chaldeans, who started keeping records of moon phases and the positions of the other planets (then known) in our solar system. They laboriously interpreted the data, in relation to events on Earth. And from this came Chaldean Astrology.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

It is still taught to this day that everything is seen as if in a mirror. The concepts have transferred through - although religions have changed.

edit on 6-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd
A more modern interpretation.
With Fibonacci sequence of course.

Man delved the Brots,
Oh what worlds he saw!
Many mini-mes mirroring Mama's spots.

Dare any perfect flaws,
Ascend above or below her top?
Doctor Brot intimates a "Naw".
edit on 2014:11:6 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: No rhyme or reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

are you really this confused?

Above and below what? What “one thing” is that?

it is speaking in terms of fractals. you see very similar patterns the further you go out, from planets and galaxies to protons and electrons. the details in the macrocosm reflect the details of the microcosm.

its really not a difficult concept to grasp. nothing new under the sun and all that. the stuff that has always worked will be the stuff that continues to work long after everything that doesn't work ceases to work. both above...and below.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

above and below. they do not exist. hate does not exist. love does not exist. feelings and emotions which are our enemies and friends are like pain. only a perception in everyone's own mind.

perfect apathy and disparateness are your recommendation then? feel nothing and be content?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I have great respect for all True Religions and Prophets. But the Asian and Native American religions are the only ones that speak of Yin/Yang, or positive and negative that has always existed and always will. Both positive and negative have their place in the universe, and it's always about "balance." (OR Life in Moderation, as the ancient Greeks put it.)

Too much negative, and people's lives are a constant struggle, and they never get beyond food/shelter/water concerns to pursue skills, relationships and their dreams. Too much positive, and people sink into an unchallenged haze - and are ripe for the plucking when evil comes calling.

And the Hindu religion (primarily in India) is the only one that speaks of "cycles," from reincarnation to environment. That's why I don't believe in global warming. (Our planet has "cycles" that are either still undiscovered by science, or occur over so many thousands of years, we don't yet have the historical data to recognize the cycles.)

So these ancient "reflective" religions comforted primitive people with false cause/effect understandings, before science. This also explains the ancient fear of a rare eclipse, which they believed warned of something monumental soon to happen on Earth. (Like in the medieval-set movie, "Ladyhawk.")

And today Astrology is considered fake, or a pseudo-science. I followed it heavily for a few years, and it does indicate positive and negative trends/energies, or better/worse days to get certain things done. But everyone always has free will, and individual efforts are stronger than these trends/energies.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

Move on from one thing to multiplicity from unity.

Unitary Matrix

Jesus told Peter to fish on the right side of the boat. When he did, they caught 153 fish, or the measure of the fish by Pythagoras. Why is this so in relation to the one thing and in relation to unity over multiplicity? How does this then relate to quantum mechanics, collapsing wave function and the Sol and Luna relation of Father and Mother?

Just because you have not seen it yet does not mean it is not true. Why does probability have amplitude and how is law responsible for this above the temporal dimension? Why are all these truths at right angles above and below (orthogonal)?

If you will do the research, then answer my questions, you will rewrite your thesis in the OP with truth.

when I read the phrase "unity over multiplicity" I see "you will be assimilated, resistance is futile".

am I the only one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join