It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: VoidHawk

object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

Firstly, the Pheonix lights witnesses gave same description - word for word.

Secondly, 'He who shall not be named' talked of the pheonix lights, and later uploaded a photo of 'something' that is eerily similar to yours.

here is that photo:

Link to original post of pics

Any idea why the pic you posted is a different color from the original posted here ? It looks like it's been 'oranged up' to fit this thread so I thought I should ask.

The one in the link you posted, looks like a black and white version of the photograph. Look at the street lamp.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well, the black and white "version'' is supposed to be the source. Why the difference?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Did the light source look like a flame?

The reason I ask, is that a few years ago, I saw what looked like 2 aircraft flying close together and one of them was shooting out a flame at the other, in broad daylight over the City of Bristol.

I say it looked like 2 aircraft, but it could have been conjoined as they were so close together, yet appeared to be 2 totally different craft.

I have never seen anything like it before, or since. Just wish I had the presence of mind to photograph it, but I was so engrossed by it, I just did not think to do so.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well, the black and white "version'' is supposed to be the source. Why the difference?

Ah, I see what you mean. Good call.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Assuming you're not lying about the flight description, then congrats, you saw the triangle. Don't expect the light patterns to always look the same or even always on for that matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

"I think its a marillian fighter, igniting their hyperflux couple engines to get into hyper vortex"
Joke

How the hell would I know what that is..

But I can imagine youre heartrate came to 300bpm when you saw it , great picture...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

Firstly, the Pheonix lights witnesses gave same description - word for word.

Secondly, 'He who shall not be named' talked of the pheonix lights, and later uploaded a photo of 'something' that is eerily similar to yours.

here is that photo:

Link to original post of pics

I like where this is going!
Awesome to you and the OP, my interests have just gone 'ping'.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When I take photos at night with my cell phone, it takes longer for the phone camera to get enough light to make an exposure. The longer exposure time means that any light source that is moving, (the motion of the object or the camera jigglng) can look like a light streak.

So what might have been a point of light to the eye now looks like a line, streak or curve of light in the photograph due to the exposure time of the image. For instance my night time photos of car headlights almost always look like straight, wiggly or curved streaks of light. The faster cars make longer streaks, the slower cars make shorter streaks.

This line in your photograph looks like a slow moving point of light whose "line" was curved due to jiggling of the camera. It's hard to hold a camera still, especially when zoomed in.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
That issue was addressed by anonymason in this post here complete with EXIF data (technical data).

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Thanks for the reply. I didn't catch an answer to my question about the color though. Have you heard anything about why there are two different color variations of the same pic?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I dunno the technicalities.... i would suggest asking the same question in this thread. Although it may have already been addressed.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Interesting!
And in the thread shared here by cometblaster, there is a link to another similar UK ufo thread about the same one coming back - a year later...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Don't expect the shape on that picture to mean anything.

Unless you use a tripod, with a crappy digital camera it's impossible to achieve exposure fast enough for a clear picture.

The shape of that light is 99.99% likely to be the movement of your hand. Do you have any basic knowledge in photography?

You did took a picture of a light/craft, but the shape on the pic isn't the shape it was in the sky (it was probably just a round light).

The shape of that light is because of a similar phenomenon to this. It can look really cool

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Your drawing of what the back of the craft looks like DEFINITELY reminds me of something:

This is what was seen by multiple police officers, a truck driver and a teacher across Illinois back in 2000. They all (except the truck driver) reported a large, silent, black triangular-shaped craft that had a light bar across the back. That's what your report and drawing reminded me of.

The above sketch was actually made by one of the police officers of what the back of the craft looked like.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

It's a point source of light made into an arc-shaped trail by camera-shake during the exposure.

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I've seen this thing before. It was probably about a year ago in the same location.

Planets appear in the same place in the sky at the same time of year ...
en.es-static.us...
[ From left to right, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury ]
edit on 7-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Hi any exposure details as for the difference in colour to what you see, as it was a phone camera it's probably using auto white balance.

Also the difference in shape that again most likely due to the fact that the shutter speed will be low and the object is blurred and the phone will have set a high iso value which produces noise which is always a problem at night with tiny digital sensors used in phones as it degrades the quality of the image!

For example this image already posted

exif data of that image.

Camera Make [0x010F] HTC
Camera Model [0x0110] HTC One X
Picture Orientation [0x0112] normal (1)
X-Resolution [0x011A] 72/1 ===> 72
Y-Resolution [0x011B] 72/1 ===> 72
X/Y-Resolution Unit [0x0128] inch (2)
Software / Firmware Version [0x0131]
Last Modified Date/Time [0x0132] 2013:03:07 00:21:10
Artist [0x013B]
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) [0x0213] centered / center of pixel array (1)
Copyright Owner [0x8298]
EXIF Sub IFD
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) [0x829A] 7/100 second ===> 1/14.28571 second ===> 0.07 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop [0x829D] 2/1 ===> ƒ/2
Exposure Program [0x8822] normal program (2)
ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] 1250

Exposure details 1/14 of a second at iso 1250 shutter speed is very slow iso is very high so not good for images at night.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Your drawing of what the back of the craft looks like DEFINITELY reminds me of something:

This is what was seen by multiple police officers, a truck driver and a teacher across Illinois back in 2000. They all (except the truck driver) reported a large, silent, black triangular-shaped craft that had a light bar across the back. That's what your report and drawing reminded me of.

The above sketch was actually made by one of the police officers of what the back of the craft looked like.

I just gotta reply to your post first because that IS what I saw!
I so wish I had a better camera because I really did see what your pics show!
The sketch you provide is spot on, except for the colour. As I mentioned in the op, I think the light has something to do with propultion so maybe it brightens up as power increases.

The rear end.
The light intensity seemed fairly uniform along its length but brightened towards the ends, your picture shows a bright light in the center, so there's a slight difference, maybe they've upgraded it?

THANK YOU for posting that!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Is this any help? I've removed details about the phone as it wasn't mine.

It wasn't very high up and there was thick heavy cloud cover.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

No exposure details yet? can you post them ?

just saw them
edit on 7-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No shutter speed or iso ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join