It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing in the sky?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What is this thing in the sky?

I've seen this thing before. It was probably about a year ago in the same location. Tonight I looked out of a window and saw it again so I rushed out and managed to get this photo of it. The photo was taken on a phone with a 5mg camera.

The photo does not show what I observe with my own eyes. It's a phone camera and it seems easily confused by light sources.
The object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

The first time I saw this thing I had a very good look at it as it doesn't fly very high and moves very slow. I've drawn a picture below showing what I saw. The picture differs from what the photo shows us and I suspect that may be because it's easily confused by light sources! We'll come to that in a little while.

The picture is very pixelated because the camera is only 5 megapixels, but as you can see, it's not showing what I see with my own eyes, I find that intriguing!

As some of you may be aware, digital cameras are sensitive to infra-red light, you can test that by pointing your tv remote at the camera and viewing it in the viewfinder. Press a button on the remote and your camera will see what you can't!

The shape of the object in the photo does not match what I can see and I'm now wondering if the camera is picking up infra-red from the object, but ignoring the orange light that I can see and that's why it appears a different shape.
Maybe an ats camera expert might have some input on this?

This object flies about like it wants to be seen! The first time I saw it, it was making a very tight circle. The way it moves indicates its very much like an airplane - slight banking as it turns etc, but its speed can be very slow, so slow that a plane would not be able to stay in the sky! And there's no noise! none at all.

This thing is VERY visible, the orange glow is on all sides. On the rear I can just make out that its segmented, its also not so bright on the rear.
Both times I have had a good view of this thing and I know its not Chinese lanterns or swamp gas! It's a craft that glows bright orange on all sides, but not on the bottom, I dont know about the top.

I don't believe its alien, and I don't think its military because I don't get why they would fly this thing so visibly, so I'm more inclined to think its some elites own personal high tech transport!?
Whatever it is, it seems to defy gravity and must have a huge power source to be able to glow so bright!

I think the orange glow must be something to do with its means of propulsion?

This was on the south coast (uk) and both times its headed west along the coastline.

Anyone else seen this thing?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Simple a Chinese lantern that was left over from Halloween.
Or swamp gas.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The Celestial Cheeto!

Now that I got that out of my system... I have no idea. I'd be interested in hearing more about how it was moving. Is it possible that the angle changed between when you spotted it and snapped the picture so that the picture is more of a rear-top view? That would at least potentially explain the difference in the shape.

EDIT:

I re-read your post, you described how it moved adequately. How long did you see it for and did it fly off/up, fade out or ... ?
edit on 2014-11-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's a drone. Wait no. The deck of cruise ship past the harbor.

First of all I commend you for putting it up, getting the pic in the first place. Phone cameras aren't the best and usually by the time someone can get a pic, the object is gone. The quality isn't good but you got it on film is what counts.

Recently there was a thread about a large orange ball sighted and photographed. In the center was clearly a circular mass. I thin the thread was called Orange Ball in the Sky.

Is orange the latest fashion trend in UFOs? It screams Autumn. Now I have a feeling around Christmas time we'll have red and green ones, some of the upper class UFOs will feature amber lights, with more delicate wiring. Imagine finding out which one is broken? Must take forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I re-read your post, you described how it moved adequately. How long did you see it for and did it fly off/up, fade out or ... ?

The first time I saw it for about two minutes, it was coming towards me but then turned a very tight circle, then carried on in the same direction, thats how I know about its very slow speed etc. Tonight I saw it out of my window, it was going over top the house so I ran out the other side just in time to get the photo. It was faster tonight. Both times its been level flight. It doesnt fade, it just flies away.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Is orange the latest fashion trend in UFOs?

I think the orange color has something to do with propultion, though obviously thats just a guess, but why else would it be lit up so bright?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

Firstly, the Pheonix lights witnesses gave same description - word for word.

Secondly, 'He who shall not be named' talked of the pheonix lights, and later uploaded a photo of 'something' that is eerily similar to yours.

here is that photo:

Link to original post of pics

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Could you PM me 'he who should not be named'

Nm just found your link I'm on mobile and didnt catch at first thanks anyways though!

edit on 5-11-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

No need for a PM... its all right here

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: proob4
Simple a Chinese lantern or swamp gas

its that gas bag Al Gore

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

object emits a very clear Orange light (just like street lamps), but as you can see the camera sees it as a weak yellow light.

Secondly, 'He who shall not be named' talked of the pheonix lights, and later uploaded a photo of 'something' that is eerily similar to yours.

here is that photo:

Thats interesting, though some will say its just a reflection of the street lamp, but there's no lamps in my photo.

"'something' that is eerily similar to yours" Were there any reports from witnesses concerning that photo? I ask because I wonder if they also thought their photo didnt look the same as what they saw?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Now that's pretty interesting!! Like Bill Murray in one of His movies once said, "What the HELL Is that? What the hell IS that Dang Thing?!"
Like someone said here, it reminds me of the Phoenix Lights...... Thanx for the Share! Later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Is orange the latest fashion trend in UFOs? It screams Autumn. Now I have a feeling around Christmas time we'll have red and green ones, some of the upper class UFOs will feature amber lights, with more delicate wiring. Imagine finding out which one is broken? Must take forever.

Actually, the orange anomalies have been reported for centuries and seem--along with the solid white light--the most common of sightings both past and present.

I have often wondered if the chinese lantern saw it's beginnings as an homage to this ancient orange mystery.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Interesting. If this is a regular occurrence, can you get your hands on a higher-quality video camera with a good zoom? I'd lend you mine if I was nearby, but I'm across the pond.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Given your stance on ATS, we may wonder if you have been selected to witness, enjoy and SHARE such sightings of unusual craft. After all, that technique seems to be eternally true for UFO sightings and even our domestic triangle sightings. Sort of a "share the secret" agenda or as I labeled it awhile back here on a thread, "The Worst Kept Secret."

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
TO me it looks interesting, but that being said, im more inclined to believe that its an out of focus man made object. Plane, lantern, front landing light on a plane. I watch planes land all the time at night. You would be very suprised how far out you can see a landing gear light on a plane. Still its intersting, and since it cannot be verified 100%, then its an Unidentified object. Cool

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Can you provide the exact location and direction of the shot? That might help, since the photo is too blurry to ID.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea what this is.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Maybe spend the weekend (or longer if you're not a wage slave) sitting outside and looking up. If you've seen it a couple of times already it's worth it. Some beers, friends, maybe even end up with some real good footage.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

here is that photo:

Any idea why the pic you posted is a different color from the original posted here ? It looks like it's been 'oranged up' to fit this thread so I thought I should ask.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join