It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Weeping, And Gnashing Of Teeth (for Liberals), Begin.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yeah. You know what's weird? The Prez's you guys hate are the best loved in the rest of the world. The world loved Carter. HW(as Prez). Let's face it. Even though he had the largest bombing exercise since WW2(up to that point), Clinton was always good for a laugh.
Obama.....M'eh.

The truth is Americans's are hung up on "Exceptionalism".

We want our leaders to constantly tell us how great we are.

I'm guilty of some of it myself.

We also like to be told how much the rest of the World loves us.

That's how we roll...I didn't make it up, just going for the ride.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sandra Fluke lost her local election in California for State Senate.

But she can keep her doctor just the same.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The last 6 years have been pure hell for me my surrounding town and people. All I see is people trying to hold onto what they have and only by a thread, taxes and utilities have doubled, food prices have risen.

I do not want or will I take any handouts through welfare. The welfare is crumbs the government hands out to keep us happy or content while they are raping the middle class. Something has to change.

I am thrilled that Harry Reid lost his job with some other democrats. I am hoping for a change. We have been going down this same old road with out much change. If the change does not help at least we tried. The polls spoke for the majority of the people, including myself.

If we do not see any changes than what have we lost? Only time will tell if this was a wise move. So there for I am happy to try and see if the Republicans can create jobs and dismantle Obama care and stop the millions of illegals from getting anther free ride on the backs of the american people!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Lol

Silly Americans think they have a "left".

CONGRATS! Tell them what they've won Johnny! 4-6 more years of the other side of the SAME COIN!

Wake me when someone acquires brains or balls and fires them all directly into the sun. The politicians that is...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

Yeah.

That.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So much for idealisms eh.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

HEAR! Hear! Yes. Well said.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm not GOP, but still gloating...just a wee bit anyway.

Spent eight years as a near lonely voice during the Bush administration criticizing them when very few would, only to watch the Democrats immediately do their best to be just like them for the next six.

Now America seems finally fed up with both sides.

Hope Republicans learned something and do something useful with this new found chance.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

If that were the case, the 3rd party votes would have been higher. When I was a kid, Dad told me - vote for the less horrible of the two major parties. If you vote for the 3rd party guy, you split the votes against the horrible guy, and he wins.

He was right. Funny how it takes so long for those lessons to sink in when you're like me: learn via experience, not via teachers' words.

I watched it happen last night. It makes me sad - but, I"m not a quitter. I'm just sort of like, "Meh." So - we carry on with the same old same old same. Old.

Same.

Okay, that's all for me. Talk to you all later!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: Kali74
A theocratic oligarchy... Woot.

Yeah, because Republicans are so theological. Please, these people aren't theologians, or Priests, they're politicians, and lawyers.

Most of them probably are Christian in name only, that doesn't mean they won't use their 'Christianity' to pass laws that thrust us into theocracy, our foot's already in the door as it is.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Today, they are wearing sackcloth, and covering themselves in ashes (you know who you are).

There was no choice here. Your candidates, both new and incumbent, serve at the pleasure of the new American Feudal Lords: oligarch billionaires who set policy and decide who gets to play.
The American Republic is Dead; Welcome to the New Feudal America

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Until an even playing field can be created for all candidates, it makes perfect sense to shuffle the deck, and stir things up.

That's what I'm saying. There's no deck to shuffle. There are only two cards and they're both jokers. There is no playing field. The game is rigged. The elections are put on to give people the illusion that they have a choice. There is no choice, only two faces of the same corrupt political machine.

Every Democrat and Republican in Congress right now is crooked as a dog leg. They all should be tried for treason, clapped in irons and thrown in the nearest penitentiary for the rest of their lives.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: N3k9Ni

There's no deck to shuffle. There are only two cards and they're both jokers.

No No.

Not two cards both jokers.

52 cards all one-eyed jacks.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Democrats? Republican? Are you kidding me? Is there a difference?They are all taking every dime they can lay their hands on. They aren't for us,they are only for themselves. There was no victory yesterday,it didn't matter who won.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Most of them probably are Christian in name only, that doesn't mean they won't use their 'Christianity' to pass laws that thrust us into theocracy, our foot's already in the door as it is.

Ugh. I know. Right?? They WILL use their "Christianity" to try to do that. The biggest culprits from last night's "victories" are:

Jody Hice – Georgia

Perhaps the MOST dangerous of the winners – actually believes that “separation of church and state” are “turning government into God” – and went so far as to blame the recent years' tragedies (the Penn State abuse scandal in 2011 as well as the Sandy Hook school shooting that killed 26 children, the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting on the opening night of the Batman Movie “Dark Knight”, and Virginia Tech shooting massacres) on having removed prayer from schools, as well “the teaching of evolution” and abortion rights.

Part of the Religious Right, Hice wants to put the Ten Commandments in public places. He is a Christian Nationalist – wants this to be a theocracy. He opposes gay marriage (instead he wants them to seek therapy). He believes there is “a Satanic plot to chip away at our Christian rights”.

Hice also believes that we are now living in the End Times, worrying that “we have little time” left on earth and citing the appearance of blood moons as proof of imminent cataclysmic, “world-changing events.”

Are you KIDDING ME??!! Gha!

The other ew:

Glenn Grothman – Wisconsin

He considers Rick Santorum a “soul mate.” Yikes. Wants to do away with the weekend! And paid sick leave. Opposes abortion rights except in cases of rape/incest/health risk to mother. Thinks it should be a felony for a doctor to perform them. He's opposed to equal pay for women, and thinks women are at war with men.

He thinks single parenthood is contributing to child abuse and neglect. He thinks “God” will punish the United States for being oppositional toward the Ugandan system of life-in-prison for gays.

We are in REALLY deep trouble if these people get more power. Yikes.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Glad about your contribution here, SO. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Sounds intriguing.

Wonder if Obama will sign any laws like that?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What? No - he won't. But, we all know he's on his way out. Are you done being smug and ready to talk about really changing things? Or are you HAPPY with these zealots winning???

I totally understand that the GOP/Right Wingers are against Obama. But - we do NOT need to turn this into a Theocracy. Or - tell me, Xuenchen - are you in FAVOR of that???

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Every Democrat and Republican in Congress right now is crooked as a dog leg.

Star for that. Thank you. I'm so demoralized after last night.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well look on the bright side. Comedy central now has plenty on material to work with. I may start downloading and watching the shows again

Don't worry the off the wall nuts will be outed and make the video of shame on youtube before next election they are simply seat warmers for the next two years. Those people are the best possible thing for other parties. Just sit back and watch it burn for a while everything will be built back stronger and better after the next election.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join