It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Weeping, And Gnashing Of Teeth (for Liberals), Begin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I guess you're as educated about politics as Butters.

"One Man was deciding the fate of the nation for the last six years".

No one man decides anything in America.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth
La reply to: ProfessorChaos

The weeping and gnashing of teeth and ripping of the loin cloth should be reserved for all non Americans because now we have 2 years of crap to put up with whilst deluded yanks argue over which asshole and his Party is more awesome.

Until the United States returns to the Constitution, all non-Americans will have to deal with crap. At least, there is the potential now to shackle Obama's hands, and keep him from tearing the document up any more than he has.

If that is not done, then other options would have to be considered by the People.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I guess you're as educated about politics as Butters.

"One Man was deciding the fate of the nation for the last six years".

No one man decides anything in America.

Insults aren't necessary. If you don't agree with me, just say so. It's not like my feelings will be hurt, and I'll lose sleep over it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you think things are going to change, you haven't figured out the problem.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

As I stated in my original post, I'm thrilled to see the people of this country trying to fix the problem. Whether or not the correct problem is being addressed, is beside the point because this election, to me, means we're at least looking for it now.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't like the Democrats or the Republicans.

I dislike the Democrats a little less because they don't seem to be deniers of science, but they are all still corporatist warmongers, and I have no use for any of them.

I always vote for someone else. I don't care who it is. If everyone that refused to vote would just vote for anyone else we could turn this all around in 10 years.

Because let's face it.

Over half of the country thinks the Democrats can't lead.
Over half of the country thinks the Republicans can't lead.

Maybe everyone is right.

Regardless of which side you voted for, the lesser of two evils is still evil. Thanks for voting for evil.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think the President will come to the Center.

I know it's not in his charcter to comprise but he must.

You have to have a giant ego to even run for President.

He certainly doesn't want to go down in History as the worst President ever.

I hope he does.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I think he's safe there as long as Americans remember Jimmy Carter.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

As I stated in my original post, I'm thrilled to see the people of this country trying to fix the problem. Whether or not the correct problem is being addressed, is beside the point because this election, to me, means we're at least looking for it now.

Are you quite serious? Do you honestly believe this midterm election represents some sort of watershed moment in the history of US elections? I think you've let your partisan giddiness go to your head.

So if Republicans get a majority, it's the "country trying to fix the problem" then when people get sick of them again and the balance swings back, what is that?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Are you quite serious? Do you honestly believe this midterm election represents some sort of watershed moment in the history of US elections? I think you've let your partisan giddiness go to your head.

So if Republicans get a majority, it's the "country trying to fix the problem" then when people get sick of them again and the balance swings back, what is that?

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did some buzzword upset you to the point of giving up on it?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I think he's safe there as long as Americans remember Jimmy Carter.

Jimmy Carter has redeemed himself with his great work for Habitat for Humanity.

Obama can do the same.

I hope the President sees this as an opportunity.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Wow whipey your party picked like 5 seats and you strut around acting like the whole nation changed its mind. You celebrate hard over small gains or should I say you got big heads over little things. I haven't even checked but did you guys get 60% of the senate? If so then I can understand the gloat machine.

I looked back at the last election on ATS and you guys are seriously poor losers and now your poor winner/whiners. Poor form all around. Before you pull some my team your team bs with me over this I have NPA I vote for who will do the best job which means they had R,D,l,I in front of there names. Someone from every party got my vote this year. Think about that.

Now if that party manages to do good things and improve the nation its at that point you will have something tangible to gloat about.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Pffft. Did you hear Mitch McConnell's speech a couple hours ago? He might as well have just came out and said, "Great folks, now that our plan to run the system into the ground has paid off, we're ready to ease up on the obstructionism."

Obama certainly isn't one of the greats, but he's far from the worst. How short is your memory? Bush gave us the first Patriot Act, got us into two pointless wars that costs more than a trillion dollars (and didn't even manage to kill Bin Laden), ran the economy into the ground and managed to kick out the first round of bailouts right before leaving office.

I'm not blaming Bush for Obama's shortcomings, but try to maintain some perspective.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did some buzzword upset you to the point of giving up on it?

I read it. The most important word to me was "now" as in "we're trying to fix it now" as opposed to before when people didn't want to elect politicians to fix problems.

link   

Yeah, that's the real problem with the Republican party. You've got RINOs, not just in office, but all across this country who vote for Republicans with the same level of thought they cheer for their favorite sports team, then you've got Neo-Cons who believe might is right, then you've got Social-Cons who believe we should all be licking Jesus's feet, then you've got Libertarian Republicans which is just senseless to me, and finally you've got true Republicans who believe in the Res Publica of the Roman Civilization and these are few and far between. In order to gather support, they've rebranded themselves as "Constitutional Conservatives," but in actuality those who truly understand the philosophy of a mixed form of representative government know that our constitution is already out of equilibrium and in need of reform.

The Republican party could easily be split five ways, and I honestly think were it split five ways, we'd probably have better government, because then those of us in our own philosophical camps could hold our smaller parties to a higher level of accountability. Unfortunately, our electoral system presently has this winner take all mechanism that makes it really difficult to have anything other than just two parties. I like the European voting block system. While it gives more power over to the parties, it definitely allows minorities to have better representation in government. And I'm not just talking genetic minorities, but philosophical minorities like anarchists, communists and constitutional conservatives as well.

link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Right. Is this the change we've been waiting for? The change we can count on? The change we can believe in?

I've heard that before. New faces, same old song and dance. Nothing will change until the Rs and Ds are uprooted and cast aside like so many bad weeds.

So, let's all just sit back, and not take part. Is that what you're saying? Sounds counter-productive to me.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything of the kind. Democrats and Republicans have been running the show for the last hundred years or so and look where they've gotten us. It's time for people to stop voting for them. Vote for someone else, anybody else. It's time to clean a festering wound and remove the putrid rot that are Democrats and Republicans

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yeah. You know what's weird? The Prez's you guys hate are the best loved in the rest of the world. The world loved Carter. HW(as Prez). Let's face it. Even though he had the largest bombing exercise since WW2(up to that point), Clinton was always good for a laugh.
Obama.....M'eh.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Wow whipey your party picked like 5 seats and you strut around acting like the whole nation changed its mind. You celebrate hard over small gains or should I say you got big heads over little things. I haven't even checked but did you guys get 60% of the senate? If so then I can understand the gloat machine.

I looked back at the last election on ATS and you guys are seriously poor losers and now your poor winner/whiners. Poor form all around. Before you pull some my team your team bs with me over this I have NPA I vote for who will do the best job which means they had R,D,l,I in front of there names. Someone from every party got my vote this year. Think about that.

Now if that party manages to do good things and improve the nation its at that point you will have something tangible to gloat about.

Not my party (I wouldn't mind, but I mentioned that fact twice). Big swing and a miss.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Right. Is this the change we've been waiting for? The change we can count on? The change we can believe in?

I've heard that before. New faces, same old song and dance. Nothing will change until the Rs and Ds are uprooted and cast aside like so many bad weeds.

So, let's all just sit back, and not take part. Is that what you're saying? Sounds counter-productive to me.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything of the kind. Democrats and Republicans have been running the show for the last hundred years or so and look where they've gotten us. It's time for people to stop voting for them. Vote for someone else, anybody else. It's time to clean a festering wound and remove the putrid rot that are Democrats and Republicans

Until an even playing field can be created for all candidates, it makes perfect sense to shuffle the deck, and stir things up.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The things you claim and the way you act do not confirm each other.

It is like your saying your not hungry then eating a whole pig yourself.

You claim Rs aren't your team but you sure do parrot them and cheer for them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join