It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take The Majority Back In The Senate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: crazyewok

don't worry, after the republicans take over the government in 2016, all those points you listed will be fixed, right?

No they wont ! They will continue with the same Crap!

Are you blind?

If you bothered to read I despise BOTH parties.

Why do you think one has to be Republican or Democrat?

Why cant you get BOTH PARTIES ARE FULL OF BS!

You need to do a huge clear out and REAL change! Change the democraps and Republicons cant deliver. Abandon both party's!

look wok, I understand your frustration, and I am not blind...but the "real" change you want to see (abandoning both parties) could have unintended consequences that even both of us would not like to see....history is littered with political movements that started out with the best intentions, and turned into millions of people being killed...let's not forget that in this day and age of social media, and digital communication, there are many that are outside America doing all they can to dismantle this country, and see it burn down into an anarchic state.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

But that's what the constitution is meant to stop.

A new party can emerge but they are still limited (or should be) by that constitution and unless they control 66% of the senate and 75% of State Legislatures (highly unlikely) they wont be able to make any radical changes to it.

You founding fathers did not intend for a 2 party state and put in safe guards to stop any extreme ideas getting through.

Plus as in the UK its doubtful a 3rd party will ever win a majority anyway but hopefully gain enough seats and influence to moderate the 2 big party's and represent the people.

edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I agree with you wok....however, if ISIS gets a toe hold in southern Europe, is the UK going to send tens of thousands of troops and spend a couple billion pounds to defend Europe's southern border?. will you be able to tell the American president that there is no need for the U.S. to get involved, because you and the other European nations can take care of it?...what if Putin decides to take over Ukraine and the Baltic countries, will you send in troops then?.....I, as an American, would love nothing better than to save the lives of our own troops, and the billions of dollars spent on war.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The UK and France would likely do that if ISIS got that far. We are already involved with the bombing.

As for Russia that's a separate matter that would be a war of defence not attack like Afghanistan and Iraq. That would be situation the world would need to stop.

I have no issue with America going to war as long as its for a valid reason. IE Defence.

Spreading "democracy" and forcing regime change is not a valid reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And the wheels on the bus go round and round

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And the wheels on the bus go round and round .......oops double post

edit on 5-11-2014 by Sersh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sersh
And the wheels on the bus go round and round

The MIC goes ching ching ching ching ching ching.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
more power to the new Majority Leader
[lets see if the new Leader has the fortitude to rein in the abuses of presidential power and other 'obamanations' harmful to national security]

his/her first order of business will likely be concerning the kick in the voters teeth by Øbama in his 2:59 PM speech today (Wednesday, 24 hours after the votes were cast)

Which will likely be about granting a blank slate/ across the board/ all encompassing Amnesty for all the Illeagle Aliens & Drug Cartel thugs that were permitted and actually encouraged to cross the border with known diseases or weapons to use freely on the legal population already residing here peacefully

this post will likely get copied into the expected post-election speech thread soon to get created

see ya'll later...note the time stamp to see if I predicted correctly
edit on th30141521766405012014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Going to be the same old gridlock but instead Democrats will be blocking all of the anti-abortion bills.

Hope Obama has that Veto stamp ready

The Dems don't have a mechanism for gridlock apart from Pres. Obama's red pen.

There is a lot to consider here...

First...Rubio, Rand, Cruz et al.

The GOP remains split between "Mainstreet GOP" and TP GOP. Now that they have both houses of Congress there are two competing views..within the GOP.

The TP GOP have largely been silent in recent months leading up to the elections. They did this in trade that if the GOP won both houses, their demands would become reality.

Mitch McConnell signaled today a more modest legislative agenda...Tax Reform, a Budget etc. things everyone can agree on. The TP wants to get their agenda pushed through.

Mainstream GOP worry if the Republicans go extreme in the next 2 years it will cost them in 2016...a time when the Whitehouse is up for grabs as well as a large, disproportionate amount of GOP seats in the house and Senate..the inverse of this last midterm and then some.

We will see more in-fighting amongst the GOP over the next two years than we will see between the Dems and GOP.

All of it exacerbated by folks running for President..Rand, Rubio, Paul publicly committing to extreme positions that they wouldn't otherwise in order to satisfy their base for a nomination.

I honestly believe main street GOP want to get things done so they have a case to make in 2016...but it is a different agenda than certain aggressive factions of their party.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Grandma, you make a good point. Even the Establishment GOP attacked the T Party and yet haven't figured out they won't gain much at all if they go with immigration reform and amnesty.
There is such a thing as national Karma, and we are getting it one way or the other, but at least for the time being we can slow the hemorraging to a slow gush.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
One has to ask, if the Patriot Act is so horrible and Democrats so against it, why didn't they try to repeal it when they had a super-majority at the beginning of O's first term? The answer is probably that they weren't so against it as they are trying to make people think, and they were more interested in forcing that monstrosity of a healthcare bill down our throats. They also were more interested in their nutbar Climate Change Agenda 21 tax, to slap more bureaucratic regulations on the backs of Americans and businesses. They are also more interested in their illegal amnesty bill and getting more votes from Hispanic. They could at least have not done the TSA groping and irradiating, but they chose to expand the Police State. That should tell you something about their real agenda. It's not freedom and it's not liberty, and it's not even "liberal" really, it's more radical.
The Democrats not only extended the Patriot Act, but they continued with the Elites plans for large surveillance databases, including the new data warehouse in Utah, which is storing data collected from the new Common Core Standards snooping on our children and their families.
That's another thing. No Child Left Behind is now Common Core Standards, complete with data tracking and mining cradle to grave.

Democrats push Big Brother as much as Republicans.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Here is a listing of different political parties existing in the US today, the dates they were founded too. Only the Libertarian Party has a chance of becoming a viable major third party, and the Ron Paul Revolution still didn't make it. In fact it split the Republican Party as much as the T Party did. But it is a good thing in that the old status quo is no longer acceptable. en.wikipedia.org...
I expect to see something going on between more moderate Democrats and the more radical leftwing nutbars like this woman.... you have to watch the video to get a real feeling of her anti-establishment radical outlook. www.washingtonpost.com... gger/

Please take note of how unstateswomanly she is in stating publicly how much she wanted to go punch her opponent and then she pops a cork as if she believes she has already won. (She lost by 46,000 or so and in Montana that's pretty much).
She is so proud that she walked thru a bad neighborhood without a gun. In Montana she's more likely to encounter a moose or a bear or maybe a mountain lion, and I hope she at least had a walking cane with her....
oh here's another article discussing her errr more radical ways, including punk hair styles and recruiting for the Industrial Workers of the World, a communist organization, whose goal is to end Capitalism. freebeacon.com...

I do however see the Democrat Party as inching more and more leftward, or as in recent years lurching as far left as they can...

edit on 5-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

How Progressive viewed why they lost,and I agree with the above this is what I mean by wishy washy not engaging the issues or looking at your owns success ..sigh!.. pathic. really you are gonna impress your core getout to vote on that??..he deserve to lose ,the Reps can do a much better job running as a bible waving conservative and nothing else..

The only problem is, you've got to know your audience and the people in that video clearly don't know much about Arkansas voters. The political winds have been rapidly shifting towards conservatism and the GOP in this state for about 15 years now and the change is almost complete. In the end, Pryor really didn't have much choice but to run an old school, conservative Democrat style of campaign, yet due to the shifting political climate, I think his loss was likely inevitable. The Democrat Party of Arkansas appears to be experiencing an extinction level event, aided in no small part by a national Democrat party that has made it clear that they don't want the traditional conservative-leaning southern Democrats anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
One has to ask, if the Patriot Act is so horrible and Democrats so against it, why didn't they try to repeal it when they had a super-majority at the beginning of O's first term? The answer is probably that they weren't so against it as they are trying to make people think, and they were more interested in forcing that monstrosity of a healthcare bill down our throats. They also were more interested in their nutbar Climate Change Agenda 21 tax, to slap more bureaucratic regulations on the backs of Americans and businesses. They are also more interested in their illegal amnesty bill and getting more votes from Hispanic. They could at least have not done the TSA groping and irradiating, but they chose to expand the Police State. That should tell you something about their real agenda. It's not freedom and it's not liberty, and it's not even "liberal" really, it's more radical.
The Democrats not only extended the Patriot Act, but they continued with the Elites plans for large surveillance databases, including the new data warehouse in Utah, which is storing data collected from the new Common Core Standards snooping on our children and their families.
That's another thing. No Child Left Behind is now Common Core Standards, complete with data tracking and mining cradle to grave.

Democrats push Big Brother as much as Republicans.

If you read then that's kinda well not kinda exactly what I said.

Democraps were just as bad as the repulicons when it came to those things. And there was no hope and change.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This thread is hilarious, whoever believes that now the republicans have a majority in the senate that things are going to change for the better must be either new to politics or a god damn imbecile.

There's to much money in American politics, those people who just won seats? They don't work for you, they work for their donors!! They don't care about you and your issues or even about America! They just wanna line their own pockets and people who believe in the 2 party system have bought it yet again, hook, line and sinker.

Enjoy your new colour of corruption! Expect the same # for the next 2 years!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"The next two years will be filled with hate, slander, jealousy and grudges"
Why not? The last 6 years were filled with it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
So..........I guess this makes a lame duck out of da prez .......how is he gonna be able to bring anything into law.....
Why not just resign.....it would save the trouble of kicking his ass out in another two years....

The next two years with such a POTUS and a republican house and senate, with current issues, will be something good students will watch carefully.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I couldn't care less. I actually hope the GOP takes the White House in 2016, just for the entertainment value of watching some people in the party make excuses when the gov't still #s all over our civil liberties.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

This vid sums up the entire process to me.It's been fixed for years the difference between them is like choosing between Coke and Pepsi.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Yes state level events are really where the meat and potatoes of a clear definition of things can be found. I cant remembered a time when the state issues were, across the board, so demonstrative.

For example, here in Ohio, we didn't have half the state voting one way the other half another ect. We had a city, suburban and rural continuity in results. The Democratic challenger for Governor only carried two counties. That's really loud and clear. Democrats in this state were body slammed with a thud.

edit on 6-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join