It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take The Majority Back In The Senate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Even though not all of the results are in, it appears that the GOP has won the senate back from the Dems! They needed 6 seats to take back the majority and it seems that they have gotten that and possibly more after all of the results have been tallied.

The head to head race in my own state for governor Warner/Gillespie, also appears to have been called for Warner.

Republicans won control of the Senate Tuesday evening as GOP candidates across the country swept to victory in crucial midterm elections, reflecting widespread unease about the nation’s direction and the electorate’s disenchantment with President Obama.

The GOP took control of Democratic held seats in Arkansas, Colorado, Montana, North Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia, giving the party the six additional seats it needs to control the chamber for the first time since 2007.

The rapid-fire victories represented a repudiation of the President, who rode into office on a mantle of change in 2008 and was re-elected in 2012 but whose second term has bogged down in a problems ranging from crises abroad to the arrival of ebola in the United States. Throughout the hard-fought the campaign, Obama was a target of Republican candidates and in the end was reduced to campaigning only in secure Democratic bastions.

The Republican-controlled Senate, which will take office in January, is expected to complicate Obama’s agenda in ways large and small. Not only will his nominees face tougher Senate scrutiny, his push for a sweeping international climate change agreement will face resistence. Republicans are expected to demand approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline and to push to dismantle key pieces of the Affordable Care Act.

Will it even make a difference? Who knows. I guess we will find out.

Read more here...www.washingtonpost.com... y.html
edit on 11/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, will it mean something or will it simply be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss?"

I fervently hope it means something, but they lost power because they couldn't figure out why they were put in power the first time. Or at least they thought they were there for reasons other than we thought we put them there.

I realize they may only be turning Obama into the President of "No," but at least they can start putting together legislative policies and trying to sell them and daring Obama to veto them.

link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

The way I look at it is that we were messed up either way. Didn't matter whether the Demogods held on to the senate or the Repubs took it. Its still the same old same old.

link   
So..........I guess this makes a lame duck out of da prez .......how is he gonna be able to bring anything into law.....
Why not just resign.....it would save the trouble of kicking his ass out in another two years....

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder what went wrong?

Can't wait for the excuses and blame.

The next two years will be filled with hate, slander, jealousy and grudges.

Let's see if those Democrats still in office will be willing to "compromise" for the good of the citizens.

I voted for Libertarian candidates today by the way.

Illinois had many on the ballot(s).

link   
Going to be the same old gridlock but instead Democrats will be blocking all of the anti-abortion bills.

Hope Obama has that Veto stamp ready

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have my hopes, but my doubts are heavy just like yours. The only thing we can do is watch.

originally posted by: Dimithae

The way I look at it is that we were messed up either way. Didn't matter whether the Demogods held on to the senate or the Repubs took it. Its still the same old same old.

Sadly, I think you may be right. As I stated above... I have my hopes. But I also have my doubts. I don't really think that there is as huge of a difference between the two parties as we are led to believe.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Caliphate has begun. We can look forward to about a billion theocracy bills disguised as abortion and religious freedom, a trillion retarded investigations, and complete removal of all remaining separation between corporation and state (and our money).

They say Americans have been dumbed down for decades and tonight proves it.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Obama's home State of Illinois got the Dem Governor booted out for a Republican even.

Talk about smacking a stinkin dead fish in the lame duck President's face.

America is against the traitor in chief, no doubt about it now.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Why not just resign.....it would save the trouble of kicking his ass out in another two years....

What kicking out he can't run for reelection.

The Republicans taking the Senate really means nothing because nothing was getting done with the Dems in charge and nothing will get done with the Reps in charge.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

THANK YOU FELLOW AMERICANS!!!! Now lets fire that traitor and his crew. After that deport them, jail them or use the appropriate firing squad, I prefer the latter very much.

None of that will probably happen but one can hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No, no, no, according to Tom Brokaw the GOP must be prepared to give things to the Democrats if they win the Senate.

You know, like all those things the Democrats gave them. Remember all those things they got in the Obamacare bill?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I voted the same. I'm sick of voting for the faux two party system. As long as we keep doing that, then we will keep getting what we've always gotten IMO. People talk about change, but act like they don't know how to achieve it when it comes time to vote. I don't know if they seriously can't help it or if they just don't understand it.

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Indeed. I do believe it shows the level of displeasure the people are feeling right now. Whether this will alleviate that or not??? I've no clue.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There won't be any ultra-Liberal(Communist) Judicial appointments after January.

The 130-some Bills that had passed the House and were being sat on by Reid will now be voted on in the Senate.

The passed bills will still be vetoed by the pResident, but the differences will become more obvious.

The Dems will know they have their work cut out to steal the next election.

Unfortunately, the dumbing down of the population continues.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Can't say I'm thrilled with this news, but I don't think I would have been thrilled with the Democrats winning either. We're going to have two years of debates on why Obama should/shouldn't be impeached now that they have the seats to do it. Two years of bills to repeal Obamacare that can't overcome a veto. And two years of the most ideologically rigid BS that they can come up with, which again won't pass a veto. Congress for the next two years is not going to function, it's just going to be a place where the 2016 campaigning can begin and voting histories can be made. It starts as soon as they're sworn in.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is a Victory thread for you, but not for me. Please be careful not to take advantage of your platform, now that you are a mod. Sometimes the Mods put out disclaimers, you know, to make sure the opposing side feels things are being fairly played?

Just saying!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
This is a Victory thread for you, but not for me. Please be careful not to take advantage of your platform, now that you are a mod. Sometimes the Mods put out disclaimers, you know, to make sure the opposing side feels things are being fairly played?

Just saying!

Nope. Reread please.... Not a victory thread for me as I think both parties are the same. I have stated in this thread and the OP that I doubt it will make a difference. I have also stated (in this thread) that I did not vote democrat or republican.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes 2 years of impeachment proceedings would be so sweet.

They can start with Benghazi to ruin Hillary and move on to Obama freeing the Gitmo commanders who went straight to fight for ISIS.

Toss in a few apologies to Netanyahu and it will be a better show than Clinton's stained blouse problems or the OJ trial.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wait, what about all the massive voter fraud, and voting machine fraud, and ballot box stuffing ???

"What, we won? We won?"

*poof*

"Happy days are here agaaaain ... "

LOL

Congrats guys. I'm really looking forward to seeing what a Republican Congress can do!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Wait, what about all the massive voter fraud, and voting machine fraud, and ballot box stuffing ???

"What, we won? We won?"

*poof*

"Happy days are here agaaaain ... "

LOL

Congrats guys. I'm really looking forward to seeing what a Republican Congress can do!

The Democrats can't even do THAT right anymore.

They forgot about the Republican precincts !!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join