It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members pets, pet stories, favorite pets, etc. (pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I dunno if this thread has been started somewhere else yet, but I would like to start a thread for all those ATS members out there who love their pets. I grew up in a household that always had an at least one animal running around at some point in time. I think people enjoy talking about their beloved friends. In my lifetime I've owned Gerbils, Hamsters, 2 Ferrets, multiple Cats, a dog (pictured below), etc.

Please use this thread for anything you find relevant to you're favorite pets.

Here is a pic of my dog... Spike.

And here a picture of the newest pet in my life... Dolly... i actually found here on a friends farm in Michigan, her eyes were crusted shut from an eye infection, and she was starved almost to the point of death. The vet said she probably had only a couple more days to survive if hadn't have found her.

I look forward to hearing about your pets.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here are some of my pets. My avatar is also one of them, hes a coastal carpet python.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I used to raise Chinese Sharpei dogs and they
looked like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wow instar... Thats a lot of animals at once... You must be hard pressed to find time for them on occasion... I really like your snakes... Are all your snakes coastal carpet pythons?

aWoman... I had a friend growing up that had two Sharpei's like that... They were great dogs.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
hmmmm:
I've had: Pit Bulls, cats, rabbits, chickens, ducks, frogs, a rat, an opossum and a salamander

Story: Our last dog liked to play tug-o-war with your clothes....we have a pi of her biting into the seat of my brother's pants....it looks like she's got a hold on his nuts....wish I could find that one.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh..... yeah You have to find that pic... That would give me my laugh for the day!!!!

My parents have this cat back home. It's a Maine Coone Cat. Here is some interesting facts about the breed. When I go home for Christmas I'll take some pictures of him.

www.cfainc.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is my cat Elvis

She pees in the toilet.
No, seriously, she really does. Don't ask how I got her to do that, because I didn't train her to - I was putting on my makeup one day in the bathroom, heard "the noise," looked over at the toilet, and there she was perched on the seat tinkling in the bowl.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Any guinea pigs?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
This is my cat Elvis

She pees in the toilet.

I imagine she doesn't lift the seat or flush the toilet though...she lacks the strength and the opposable thumbs.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A potty trained cat heh? Have you ever seen the movie "Meet the Parents?" Now that was a cat... It would even flush after it went!

On a serious note, Elvis is is a dang cute cat... I really like the patterns of color on her fur.

One more question... "she" is named Elvis?

[edit on 10-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's a couple of my cat, Belle and my pit bull, Dante

[edit on 12/10/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I used to have a cat,a fish, and a dog ,chickens, and a duck. All are dead
nothing now..

[edit on 10-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

No, Elvis cannot lift the seat or flush. I just appreciate less mess in the litterbox.

And yes, LostSailor, "she" is named Elvis.

Here is Elvis' story.

Last summer I decided I wanted to get a kitten, and I have a strict policy of only adopting animals, not buying them from pet stores. I was gonna get a male cat and name him Elvis, because I wanted a cat named Elvis. Simple, right?
One of my fans heard about me looking to get a cat, and gifted me with a 4-week old kitten whose (feral) mother had been hit and killed by a car. Three of her kittens had survived, so at one show in August of 2003, the fan (who was 6 at the time) came into the locker room carrying a cardboard box with this mewling little creature inside.
Of course, all 20 big tough wrestlers had to cuddle this terrified ball of fur and swoon like girls.
I promptly named her Elvis and drove her home with the cardboard box seatbelted in my back seat. I don't think I went faster than 40 the entire way. She mewed at me the entire ride, and I mewed right back....for like an hour.
Now, owning a 4 week old kitten, I was faced with 2 problems.
1. I didn't know if Elvis was a he or a she yet
2. What the hell do you feed such a tiny critter??

Well, she got soft kitten food mixed with bottled cat milk, and soon enough I realized I had a girl kitty named Elvis.
C'est la vie, eh?

She's strong and healthy now and loves to wreak havoc in my apartment.
But she's a total mama's girl -- follows me everywhere I walk and sleeps on my lap when I'm on the computer.
And much like her drive home, we still mew at each other.

/dork

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Having no such luck as to find a cuddly cute cuddle of cat cuteness, I've had to settle for this fine specimine of extreme scarery and amazing shock value.

Does wonders to spring one of the bed come early morning with this on your pillow.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Beautiful story Banshee... Elvis sounds like a very lucky cat. I'll elaborate on my story about "Dolly."

I'm going to school right now in Northern Michigan.
My Girlfriend lives downstate and her grandparents own a farm. Well, I went downstate with her one weekend. She showed me around her small home town and eventually we ended up at the farm. While Jen (my girlfriend) was showing me around the farm we walked into an old unused barn.
Not soon after a little ball of fur started meowing and awkwardly walking our way. I could tell something was wrong right off the bat, this kitten was far to young to be on its own.

I bent down and picked her up only to notice her eyes were crusted shut and there were giant fleas all over her. Me, being the strong red blooded hetero that I am, melted instantly. We took her to the vet and a couple hours later were told we could come and pick her up. The vet informed me she was just old enough to eat solid food so we could take her home.

Apparently she was so malnourished and covered in so many fleas she probably wouldn't have lasted much longer had I not found her when I did. I nursed her back to health and now she never lets me out of her sight. In fact she is sitting on my lap as I type this story, sleeping comfortably.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Wow instar... Thats a lot of animals at once... You must be hard pressed to find time for them on occasion... I really like your snakes... Are all your snakes coastal carpet pythons?

aWoman... I had a friend growing up that had two Sharpei's like that... They were great dogs.

Thanks Lostsailor, no, they do keep me busy, but i keep a log on pc, to monitor feeding, sloughing, cleaning, animals weight gain etc etc. looking after them is the larger part of the fun. The smaller snake hatchling on my arm is a Darwin carpet python (morelia spilota varigata) from central northern Australia. Later the reddish coloration will turn bright orange. There a fantastic looking snake.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is a pic of my kitty Bubbles

He�s a very brave little kitty he was born with an eye defect. Which meant that he began a major eye infection from birth,
He was able to see very slightly for a 2 weeks and after 7 trips to the vets, lots of meds his eyes continued to get worse, they turned in to big white balls and became very sore so we were given the choice to put him down or have both of his eyes removed,

After a sleepless night of thinking what was best we came to the choice to have them taken out, After all we thought " would you put a blind child down* we decided that we would work hard to make sure his little life was the best we could make it.

So here is Bubbles. Now over a year old he is a very happy cat. He plays runs and knows his way around, most of all he is independent he knows what he wants, he climbs up the curtains, sits on the TV and jumps down again,

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm very glad you're happy with your cat asala but I'll be honest and say I wouldn't want that damn thing anywhere near me. I'm allergic to cats anyway, but that thing would give me nightmares, no offense. I'm sure you love it very much.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join