It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop gets in trouble for arresting actor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree, that celebrities and those in office are often given free passes or a lighter sentences. Personally I hope that she does go to jail and is fined the max amount, along with punitive damage. And the officer who is fired for this, should turn around and sue the police department and her for millions.

The reality is that he responded to a call, he was asked to check out an act, and that the witnesses would have to go to court and testify for this. And based off of what she wa saying, shows contempt.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

And it doesn't matter at all that the cop broke any rules?
Why are they above what they stand for?

The cop is not in trouble for the arrest, he is in trouble for the actions he did after it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I thought people wanted the cops to wear cameras but now that he did and proved he wasn't some racist evil baby shooter people have a problem with it???????

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No people are having a problem with people ignoring the facts.

This cop is in 0 trouble for the arrest, all the trouble he is in 100% his fault for leaking the tape and then giving an interview after he was told not to.

He broke the rules and he is paying for it, what is the issue?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He broke the rules and he is paying for it, what is the issue?

My only issue is the double standards, cop leaks video to expose the lies= Bad. Government contractor exposes lies= Good.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Really? Your problem with this issue is Snowden?
We can stop here then.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wonder how many roles she'll be offered due to this? How many party invites? She put on a wonderful performance to be honest.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Personally I think the officer is doing what he is doing because the LAPD is not protecting him in the media.

Secondly the LAPD does don't file charges, the Prosecuting Attorney's office does. The post by someone above that discussed witnesses to the incident just reaffirms that the comments by the suspects in this case are based on false allegations towards the police (at least imo anyways).

I think the cop would have been better of keeping his mouth shut till after the LAPA decides what to do and then have the officer file a civil lawsuit against them for slander / libel.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
And no the officer in question was not the arresting officer, two female officers were.

And therefore, the thread title is misleading two times. Not only is he not in trouble for arresting an actor (he disobeyed orders), he is also not in trouble for arresting anyone because he didn't arrest anyone.

So, where does the title of this thread from then?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Thats what it takes to get a cop fired, and people think everything is just fine in our country.

He is in trouble for not obeying orders. ..not as big a deal of shooting. Unarmed people
And the cops that and don't come close to getting into that much trouble.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You know, "If you didn't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about"

Personally, in todays world I don't think that expression is valid anymore! sadly!

I do agree he should not have released the tape, I get he was trying to defend himself especially considering he was identified on social media, photos of him posted online, its not like people didn't know it was him, and considering it was on a actress' page its going to obviously get around very quicky! and he would have had a strong urge to clear his name, but I don't think he should lose his job over this! it seems to me like he is one of the rare good ones, he didn't over react when she wouldn't ID herself like some cops would he remained calm and handled the situation in a very professional way, he stated to her it had nothing to do with race, he was responding to a call and doing his job!!
edit on 30-10-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Had he just put the vid on youtube he might not be in that big of trouble but he sold it to tmz. Then he was given a direct order prohibiting him from doing any interviews. He broke that direct order. Just because she was throwing a hissy does not excuse his actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
The question is did he break any rules what so ever? Why is it fair that people and record the cops and not expect any sort of trouble or retribution. The same can be said here, if it is fair for the police to be recorded and have it released, then perhaps people should expect the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The cop is in trouble for leaking the information. He was right to make the arrest. He was wrong to advertise what happened. It was unprofessional for him to break the rules.

The woman tried to get off on the 'I"m famous' card. (I doubt most people would recognize her or her name). TMZ reported (and had proof) a while back that she was having sex in the car and that she was properly charged for it. She should have gotten a motel room. Cheap and sleazy.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sounds like the whole thing got blown out of proportion maybe he should have just told them to move along my goodness hasn't everyone done this at some point in their lives?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
Why is it that if I would have gotten caught conducting some lewd behavior in public, I would've gotten a fine and charges immediately?

I think this culture of worshiping popular people has gotten too extreme. I've seen too many cases of DUIs and the like being dropped or lessened for no reason other than that person starred on TV or on the big screen.

I have answered this many time on ATS:

ALL actors, celebrities and sponsored pro-athletes like Oscar Pistorius get light sentences for the same reason Justin Bieber gets light sentences, which is also the same reason Michael Vick got a sweetheart deal (both financial and criminal).

So what is that reason?

There are some wealthy "owners of capital" that have invested a large sum into marketing these people, as TV or sports personalities. For example if the Giudice's (Housewives of New Jersey) served a real prison sentence a few "really really rich" people would be out of their "investment". So, even though the Giudice's seem rich by our standards, you have to remember the people who write their paychecks are far, far wealthier. That's why celebrities like Bieber get off scott-free, the judges wouldn't want the wealthy people (whom help get them their appointments/elections) to lose money, so they keep the cash cows, whom these really rich people OWN, out of jail. These celebretiesw can't simultaneously be in jail and making easy money for the "owners of capital". Thats why regular people go to jail quicker and for far less severe crimes because no wealthy "owners of capital" have invested anything into them, so its easy to throw regular people away like trash.

Another example is Hope Solo, whom was accused of domestic violence, she WILL play in the games, she will also likely not get much of a criminal punishment as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There have been more than a few celebreties as of late who have been jailed so I don't think its a general problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I love the truth you're speaking. No artificial flavors or preservatives.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh I understand why he feels the need to but still, rules are rules. Police officers are not supposed to be chattering away to the media, particularly if there is an open case. That's the job of the individual in charge of media relations or someone picked to represent the police department in the matter. It's part information control and part neutrality. Him complaining about being penalized for breaking that particular rule in such a grand way (multiple interviews + leak) in context against the actress' charge is kind of silly in that regard as technically he is the one that chose poorly and didn't trust his police department to deal with it properly.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I would not trust the LAPD command staff to protect their officers either. I barely trust my own command staff to protect me in similar situations. The larger the department the more out of touch command staff is with rank and file.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join