It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
If dealing with a single individual with a knife without a flurry of gunfire is an unreasonable risk then law enforcement is worthless. We give them the tools to avoid using deadly force as a coverall and they, along with their supporters, give every excuse not to use those tools. Instead they arm themselves with weapons of war.
And you clearly don't understand the 21 foot rule. I learned it too. It ONLY repeat ONLY applies to holstered guns, Not a gun already drawn on a guy with a perfect bead.
originally posted by: areyouserious2010
a reply to: DarthFazer
You can speculate all you want but it does not change the fact that you have not brought a legitimate argument to the conversation.
I don't take it personally when people argue with me. We have differing opinions and that's ok. The best argument will win.
I also don't take it personally when people resort to name-calling and speculation as to my character. Those people don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation. Others know that.
1) Did the suspect have a history of being armed and dangerous and in killing others? It appears they know who he is so they must know this.
Thomas' office and the Michigan State Police are investigating Hall's death. Saginaw Police Chief Gerald Cliff said Hall was "known to be an assaultive person" with "a long history" of contacts with law enforcement, "not only with police from our department but with the county."
2) If he has no history of murder, then based on the video, who do you think civilians would be more fearful of in regards to violence as the first option?
3) If the dog is not to be used in apprehending the suspect or people with knives or guns, then what are they to be used for? For people that are not armed and pose no threat? If the dogs life is worth more than humans, then why do so many cops kill others dogs as we have seen?
4) If the gun is the first thing to be used, instead of tasers, beanbag guns, and assortment of other toys, then should those toys not be taken away that tax payers are paying for?
5) Does it appear the cops are trying to escalate or de-escalate the situation in this video by having their guns drawn and ready to shoot, and what would the common persons reaction be with a gun pointed at them?
You think police should put themselves in situations of unreasonable risk. I.... do not.
Yeah taking a couple half step's away from the cops is a empirical arbitrary threat
WRONG they gave him a count down a "ultimatum" within a certain amount of time until firing.
Not even close to the same thing
I just did
Again he stumbled away from the cops, hence the shooting was unwarranted. Would you also argue that running away from police while armed justifies being shot ? It's the same thing.
And this is where your argument falls apart
Putting your self in danger is exactly what cops do. That's why they are armed
"Unreasonable" implies reasoning skills which the cops obviously had none of
And then you imply we are not reasonable people
And mythbusters is for busting the myths we were all taught , like your 21 foot myth
They busted it
Unholster , cock , you are ded
Bead drawn , they are ded
Unless you can't hit a target, in which case you shouldn't be armed
originally posted by: roadgravel
I suppose they did come up with a plan.
"When we get tired of standing here, we all shoot him"
Officer Bryon Vassey was one of three officers from different North Carolina precincts to respond to a call by the family of 18-year-old Keith Vidal last month. The teen, who suffered from schizophrenia and weighed just 90 pounds, had apparently picked up a small screwdriver and wasn’t putting it down. But his parents say the two other officers already had the scene under control when Vassey walked in. They say the third officer simply tased Vidal, then took out a firearm and shot him dead, saying “we don’t have time for this.”
originally posted by: DarthFazer
a reply to: Another_Nut
He was at least 20 feet away, not a threat to anyone and then "pop pop pop" one trigger happy pig sets off the firing squad
No tazers , no mace
A gang land execution in cold blood done by a bunch of fat cowards.