It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has America Nuked Syria?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just had a read of this article and thought it raised a few good points but first up:

This week, an American journalist, Serena Shim, from Rochester Hills, Michigan, died in a mysterious accident in Turkey, The Press TV investigative reporter had been threatened by Turkish intelligence only hours before after reporting that ISIL/ISIS was openly receiving military air, weapons, and fighters, through Turkey with the help of an American run NGO. (Non-Governmental Organization)

And a quote from her before her death after coming under accusation of being a spy:

“I’m very surprised at this accusation – I even thought of approaching Turkish intelligence because I have nothing to hide… I am a bit worried, because…Turkey has been labeled by Reporters Without Borders as the largest prison for journalists…so I am frightened about what they might use against me… We were some of the first people on the ground –if not the first people – to get that story of…militants going in through the Turkish border…I’ve got images of them in World Food Organization trucks. It was very apparent that they were militants by their beards, by the clothes they wore, and they were going in there with NGO trucks.”

www.globalresearch.ca...

Now why would an American Non-Governmental Organization be helping ISIS/ISIL and does Obama know about it?

Back to the original article written by this guy:

Gordon Duff is a Marine combat veteran of the Vietnam War that has worked on veterans and POW issues for decades and consulted with governments challenged by security issues. He’s a senior editor and chairman of the board of Veterans Today, especially for the online magazine “New Eastern Outlook”

Some very interesting points are made particularly of a huge explosion on the Kurdish/Syria border town of Kobani:

We asked Jeff Smith to analyze photographic evidence from the recent attack. This was his initial response:

“Not normal weapons, for sure.” Maybe thermite, white phosphor, thermobaric or nuke? The fire ball and the plasmoids of hot metal fragments are most interesting. A Geiger counter and soil samples are the only way of telling for sure.

Normal explosions don’t have fire balls that last that long or are that big. Also spalding material is from the outer bomb casing. Iron or DU (Depleted Uranium) is red. Aluminum, phosphor, or magnesium is white spalding. Thermobarics are always red. Neutron bombs use aluminum casings and are always white.

So is Syria being used as a testing ground for next gen weapons?

If, as Jeff Smith indicates, there is a substantial likelihood that the United States is using nuclear weapon in Syria, whatever the justification, when that same government sanctions another for what most accept as unfounded allegations of nuclear proliferation violations, the misuse of “moral authority” defies comprehension.

That brings us to the most important point of the whole article, it's well known that depleted uranium was used by the U.S. in Iraq & Afghanistam so this news shouldn't be of any real surprise however, when using them constitutes a war crime and allowing your allies the same rules and even helping them as is the case with Israel, there's the ultimate hypocrisy considering:

As a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, America, in accordance with the 1977 Glenn Amendment, is prohibited by treaty ratified by congress from supplying any aid to nations in violation whether signatory or not.

And as the final words of the article say:

Thus we stand, a nation that has used nuclear weapons in wars of aggression, a nation that turns quickly to such weapons almost as though they were a “convenience,” yet standing in judgment unaffected by fact, by reality or accountability.

journal-neo.org...
edit on -180002014-10-28T22:41:34-05:00u3431201434102014Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:41:34 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Lol
Sure

And every other nation in the world with satellites are being quiet about it.

I can just see Putin telling his cabinet "yes comrades let's just be quiet about this... America is doing the right thing" looooool
edit on 28-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this about Shim.
It should be no shock that there is collusion between ' Turkish intelligence and militant extremists to smuggle fighters and weapons into Syria '

Its Shims death that Im saddened by.

Another journo dies doing their job
78 killed last year
75 so far in 2014
....and yet we hear about those one or two that we are required to be outraged by to satisfy the plans of military intervention coming our way...

We are guided into a "scripted" outrage.

edit on 28-10-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

It was a secret alien stealth nuke...

It was so secret they didnt even know they used it.

OP, The part about the Turkish treatment of journalists was worth the read. Not surprised about the Food trucks though. IMO all these "humanitarian" organisations are mostly criminal fronts.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
no nukes just a big bomb by the look of the pic

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The expert writes for veterans today.

That alone should set off alarm bells

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The expert writes for veterans today.

That alone should set off alarm bells

Hold your horses, the article asks questions based on logic, and the main point of it was a valid one:

Thus we stand, a nation that has used nuclear weapons in wars of aggression, a nation that turns quickly to such weapons almost as though they were a “convenience,” yet standing in judgment unaffected by fact, by reality or accountability.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Well they can ask the question, but a nuke isn't something that can go off and no one would know about.

It's already been stated that the likes of Russia would know almost instantly if one went off, as well as NATO.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Has America Nuked Syria?

It was Israel according Gordon.

Was Syria ‘Nuked’?
edit on 10am20200000010 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Can someone remind me why we are bombing Syria again? Was that a "tactical" strike on jihadi john? Or maybe the terrorizers have bomb proof bunkers?

Gustaf called and he wants his medal back

Oh and to the op why am I not surprised? No that "probably" wasn't a tactical warhead. I have heard of bombs that are brighter than the sun that aren't nukes.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The BLU-82 (which is used for clearing large landing areas and other military applications) has been mistaken for a nuclear explosion by US troops occasionally.

That certainly does look like a nuke though.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is also the MOAB recently put into operation. It is now the largest conventional weapon in the US arsenal.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think its well understood at this point that America has gone rouge to the 10th. If what happened in Fallujah back in 2003 is any kind of measuring stick, I wouldn't put it past western powers to use such weapons now, especially in Syria seeing how Assad just won't go away. I mean the nerve of that guy.....

As for Turkey, Ha! Yet another stain on planet earth. Why is humanity generally loving but the leadership all raving psychopaths?
edit on 29-10-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

No, it doesn't.

A Nuclear blast even at night, would light up the surrounding countryside as if it were day, for miles.

Mushroom clouds do not automatically = nuclear explosions.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Well they can ask the question, but a nuke isn't something that can go off and no one would know about.

It's already been stated that the likes of Russia would know almost instantly if one went off, as well as NATO.

I don't think the world said anything when we dumped white phosphorous on Fallujah. Oh and what's with all the deformed and mutated children being born there now? Just saying....

And NATO?!?! Turkey is a part of NATO is it not? It's pretty well known prior to this OP of weapons smuggling from Turkey. Those weapons risk the lives of NATO troops, surely someone will speak up about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Short answer?

NO

Long answer?

No, but why waste a great opportunity to drag the US through the mud with speculation and conjecture.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

...but the leadership all raving psychopaths

Because the leadership are all raving psychopaths obviously.

That and the fact that scum always rises to the top.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: CraftBuilder

No, it doesn't.

A Nuclear blast even at night, would light up the surrounding countryside as if it were day, for miles.

Maybe. Depends on a number of factors like size, type, altitude, etc. Some have yields of only 10 ton.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It's very nice to be outraged. Or saddened. Shows you're human.

Now to the crux of the matter...

What to do about it? When the fourth estate, the press, is silenced, we're all silenced to a degree.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Heck maybe US is playing both sides. Having them fight each other constantly would be a great way to get them to leave us alone while allowing their own cultures to continue to go backward in time rather than forward. I don't know anymore. The American people no longer control who is their government. That is now controlled by corporations who control the media.

We just get herded along by the media as to who to vote for. I don't even think normal Americans can get on ballots anymore. You gota have a corporate or wealthy sponsor just to get on a ballot for election. Is it really fair our only choices are Mitt Romney and Hillary?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Now why would an American Non-Governmental Organization be helping ISIS/ISIL and does Obama know about it?

Is this a serious question or are you just making a point ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join