It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If u are professional poster-AKA-"Shill" please read this important information regarding future e

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i have no doubt that there are paid liars on the internet, as a matter of didn't snowden post this in some of his leaks.
here i've found one source, that i think most can tolerate it's Zero Hedge/ ABC Media. i know some are gonna say bs site. but when a bank as big as bank of america blocks employ access to the site, i would say they hit a nerve.
also there is mention of the NBC interview with snowden. i'm not gonna sit through that again.

any way here it is.

In the annals of internet conspiracy theories, none is more pervasive than the one speculating paid government plants infiltrate websites, social network sites, and comment sections with an intent to sow discord, troll, and generally manipulate, deceive and destroy reputations. Guess what: it was all true.
And this time we have a pretty slideshow of formerly confidential data prepared by the UK NSA equivalent, the GCHQ, to confirm it, and Edward Snowden to thank for disclosing it. The messenger in this case is Glenn Greenwald, who has released the data in an article in his new website, firstlook.org, which he summarizes as follows: "by publishing these stories one by one, our NBC reporting highlighted some of the key, discrete revelations: the monitoring of YouTube and Blogger, the targeting of Anonymous with the very same DDoS attacks they accuse “hacktivists” of using, the use of “honey traps” (luring people into compromising situations using sex) and destructive viruses. But, here, I want to focus and elaborate on the overarching point revealed by all of these documents: namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself." Call it Stasi for "Generation Internet."
The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive, And Destroy Reputations"

take as you will.

and apparently our own beloved ATS was/is involved in the shill/troll controversy. here is a CLN article about a CLN article.

Update 4/3/2012: Above Top Secret’s legal agent never responded to our request for clarification of their takedown request. The original thread has now been moved to the “Hoax” category of the website, as ATS claims the author admitted it was a hoax in a private exchange. To the best of our knowledge, this private exchange or the details thereof have not been posted publicly to substantiate this claim. Regardless, we believe that covert operations to manipulate online opinion and debate do exist (and indeed have been publicly acknowledged in many of the supporting links below). Whether this specific case is true or not, it remains a valuable and provocative dialogue still worthy of consideration.
I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate

way to go ATS, as always shedding light on controversial subjects, and doing the rightn thing when needed.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Indigent

They bring a happy cow to your table and make you watch as they hack a piece off, grind it up and grill it to smokey perfection. That way you know your burger was smiling just before it hits your table!

Rather than eating cows who didn't want to be eaten, they evolved cows who did and could say so clearly and distinctly.

A bit off topic here...

But yea, they did that in "The Restaurant at the end of the Universe".

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What's so funny about the OP, is that he thinks by just saying, "hey, don't be a paid shill anymore", that this is going to convince the shills to stop. If there are paid shills, do ya really think they are going to stop just because the OP asked them to? Really???? Silly threads deserve silly treatment.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Community Announcement re: Decorum

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Thread Closed!!!
edit on Wed Oct 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join